MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   TurboKits.com W205 C300 Turbo Upgrade Available Now! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/722583-turbokits-com-w205-c300-turbo-upgrade-available-now.html)

TurboKits.com 09-28-2018 02:38 PM

TurboKits.com W205 C300 Turbo Upgrade Available Now!
 
While we work with AMR on a tune to round out the package we have had quite a few success stories with customers in the US and International using our turbo upgrade and having their local tuner put the power down. We are very confident in the product offering for anyone that is interested and has a tuner of choice ready to make your C300 into a beast!

https://www.turbokits.com/Mercedes-B...Upgrade/11380/


https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5a227c6d8e.jpg

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...452bf92e77.jpg


C300AWD 03-26-2019 01:11 AM

Is baseline with just the turbo without a meth kit?
and if so, does it have overheating issues?

euthanasia 03-26-2019 03:09 AM


Originally Posted by C300AWD (Post 7715337)
Is baseline with just the turbo without a meth kit?
and if so, does it have overheating issues?

Baseline is a stock C300

TurboKits.com 03-26-2019 09:26 AM

Correct, the baseline is stock turbo, stock tune.

W205_Merc 05-09-2019 05:32 AM


Originally Posted by TurboKits.com (Post 7715462)
Correct, the baseline is stock turbo, stock tune.


Do you guys provide a ECU tune associated with this upgrade? is it safe to rune this turbo with the stock tune?

Thanks

TurboKits.com 05-09-2019 03:49 PM


Originally Posted by W205_Merc (Post 7751562)
Do you guys provide a ECU tune associated with this upgrade? is it safe to rune this turbo with the stock tune?

Thanks

There would really be no benefit running on the stock tune since all of the torque limiters, etc will just keep it in check. To answer your question about a tune, yes 100%, the test customer should be heading back to AMR very soon to wrap up the tune. Once we have that we can offer the full package just like we do on the CLA 250.

MichaelCS 05-09-2019 07:21 PM

Had a shop here in Toronto recommend me to stay away from ecu tuning a stock c300 due to a "weaker engine". You're saying it's safe to boost an extra 60hp, and whatever torque, on a daily driver?

TurboKits.com 05-10-2019 10:09 AM


Originally Posted by MichaelCS (Post 7752100)
Had a shop here in Toronto recommend me to stay away from ecu tuning a stock c300 due to a "weaker engine". You're saying it's safe to boost an extra 60hp, and whatever torque, on a daily driver?

Although we don't have the AMR tune package ready to go with our turbo, we have sold the upgraded turbo numerous times to multiple countries and customers who got their own tunes. We have not heard of anything catastrophic happening. There is always a risk, if you are risk adverse and want more power, get a high HP car with a warranty. That being said, our development belief is to maximize what the stock components can handle without having to redesign/beef up the whole drivetrain.

MichaelCS 05-10-2019 06:23 PM


Originally Posted by TurboKits.com (Post 7752400)
Although we don't have the AMR tune package ready to go with our turbo, we have sold the upgraded turbo numerous times to multiple countries and customers who got their own tunes. We have not heard of anything catastrophic happening. There is always a risk, if you are risk adverse and want more power, get a high HP car with a warranty. That being said, our development belief is to maximize what the stock components can handle without having to redesign/beef up the whole drivetrain.

Thanks for taking the time to provide an explanation. Yes you're right there is always some risk associated with squeezing blood from the stone. I have thought about seeing what could be done on the internals of one of these engines and then perhaps doing the tune afterwards but I think that's a project for next year. Until then I'm eagerly anticipating osyeen what the results for your kit are.

TurboKits.com 05-13-2019 12:44 PM


Originally Posted by MichaelCS (Post 7752780)
Thanks for taking the time to provide an explanation. Yes you're right there is always some risk associated with squeezing blood from the stone. I have thought about seeing what could be done on the internals of one of these engines and then perhaps doing the tune afterwards but I think that's a project for next year. Until then I'm eagerly anticipating osyeen what the results for your kit are.

You are welcome, we will let everyone know when we have the #s with the AMR tune. Until then we will continue to post DYNOs from customers who are using their own tuners. Thanks

W205_Merc 05-16-2019 06:21 AM


Originally Posted by TurboKits.com (Post 7754405)
You are welcome, we will let everyone know when we have the #s with the AMR tune. Until then we will continue to post DYNOs from customers who are using their own tuners. Thanks


any idea of the timeline for that to come out? (AMR tune)

TurboKits.com 05-16-2019 09:08 AM


Originally Posted by W205_Merc (Post 7756742)
any idea of the timeline for that to come out? (AMR tune)

The customer who we are working with on the final tune was on vacation, we are working with him and AMR to get back for the final DYNO. Hoping it will be very soon!

Hrd_workin 06-04-2019 07:40 PM

Quick post to say thanks to Matt at AMR, Jesse at Turbokits.com; just ordered the turbos for my 2016 C450AMG.
Looking forward to seeing everything put together with the Stage 4 Meth, tuned at AMR then seeing and sharing dyno numbers.

C300AWD 06-04-2019 07:58 PM

OH GOD DAMN stage 4 on a c450....
I'd be scared hahaha

TurboKits.com 06-05-2019 10:48 AM


Originally Posted by Hrd_workin (Post 7771284)
Quick post to say thanks to Matt at AMR, Jesse at Turbokits.com; just ordered the turbos for my 2016 C450AMG.
Looking forward to seeing everything put together with the Stage 4 Meth, tuned at AMR then seeing and sharing dyno numbers.

Can't wait to see the results :) !!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands