MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   Newbie needs help buying car (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/732141-newbie-needs-help-buying-car.html)

milleian 01-06-2019 03:01 PM

Newbie needs help buying car

Hey all! Seeking some much needed help/advice. I’m new to the Mercedes world so I’ve been trying to do research and become educated before I pull the trigger. Can you guy help me distinguish the differences between these cars and why there’s a 4K price difference?! These are all CPO. Any specfic things to look at for gremlins or issues? Is there much room for negotiations on these kind of cars? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

https://www.fjmercedes.com/inventory...wf4kb9gu135342

https://www.fjmercedes.com/inventory...wf4kb2gu107902

https://www.mbontario.com/inventory/...wf4kb9gu134708

C280 Sport 01-06-2019 08:18 PM

They are all CPO Cars. So they go thru the ringer. Basically I would figure out what options you like and color. Get a car fax on them. Are you trading in? Financing? Paying cash? All of that depends on how much they take off the car.

AzurSL 01-07-2019 11:25 AM

Well the white one has just under 30k miles and the silver one has just over 24k miles. As far as options go they basically has all the same options (multimedia pkg, P2 pkg, illuminated star, heated steering wheel and seats, sport pkg) but the silver one has a panorama sunroof and wheel locks.

milleian 01-08-2019 09:15 PM

Thank you all for the comments. I went and test drove one of the cars and enjoyed it. Dealership then advised I look at the C450 AMG and fell in love with it. So much more car for only a few grand more! I’ll sleep on it till the weekend :)

jlr82 01-09-2019 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by milleian (Post 7649391)
Thank you all for the comments. I went and test drove one of the cars and enjoyed it. Dealership then advised I look at the C450 AMG and fell in love with it. So much more car for only a few grand more! I’ll sleep on it till the weekend :)

Make sure you're good with the insurance payment on the C450 vs C300, it's a *very* steep difference here in the US (most people report approximately double the insurance payment).

Njriedel25 01-11-2019 08:20 PM

Eh stay away from the pano roof. It’s an engineering mess. Finally got mine to stay quiet and haven’t opened it since....I miss my regular sunroof in my E class I had prior, Diesel engine was **** though.

milleian 01-12-2019 01:44 AM

I found a C450 with all the must have packages (minus HUD) and no sunroof. I’ve never been a fan of sunroofs. I Never use them and something always goes wrong. If all goes well I’ll be taking delivery next weekend. Thanks all who replied!

milleian 01-17-2019 09:30 PM

Just signed the paperwork to my (soon to be) CPO 2016 C450 with 40k miles!!! It’s being shipped and will most likely arrive by the end of next week (can’t wait!). I’ve been reading through this forum and have learned so much before I’ve even received the car. Can’t wait!

MBSebas87 01-17-2019 11:12 PM

Congrats! Make sure you post some pics

fbsdmd 01-20-2019 02:57 PM

I traded in a 2015 GLA250 FWD just before the end of the year for a 2016 CPO C300, pretty well loaded, Deluxe package, which has the old grill and star, lunar blue, 17,000 miles. $29,500, $18,000 for the GLA. It has LED headlights, which are really nice. The C300 is a great riding car.

milleian 01-22-2019 02:21 PM

Did you purchase the extended warranty?

fbsdmd 01-22-2019 02:38 PM

Yes. At the moment I really like the car, and may keep it for a while, maybe 4 years. Two years extension was $2400. I rolled it into the car loan, which was 1.9%. If I get rid of the car before the almost one year balance of original warranty and the CPO extension, they refund all. To be honest, I don't really know how much extension the two years provides; I really should look it up. The original warranty is up at the end of next November, assuming I don't go over 50,000 miles, which at just short of 18,000 miles on the odometer, is not likely. The CPO extension is one year, unlimited miles. I'm not sure how the additional 2 years work. According to the sales person, it is the same warranty that is on the car now, offered by Mercedes, I just don't know what the mileage limit is. I know, dumb. However, I plan to keep the car until November, 2020, and if the warranty isn't what I want, I'll find something else to ride in. I do not believe a Mercedes is viable without a warranty.

milleian 01-22-2019 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by fbsdmd (Post 7661017)
Yes. At the moment I really like the car, and may keep it for a while, maybe 4 years. Two years extension was $2400. I rolled it into the car loan, which was 1.9%. If I get rid of the car before the almost one year balance of original warranty and the CPO extension, they refund all. To be honest, I don't really know how much extension the two years provides; I really should look it up. The original warranty is up at the end of next November, assuming I don't go over 50,000 miles, which at just short of 18,000 miles on the odometer, is not likely. The CPO extension is one year, unlimited miles. I'm not sure how the additional 2 years work. According to the sales person, it is the same warranty that is on the car now, offered by Mercedes, I just don't know what the mileage limit is. I know, dumb. However, I plan to keep the car until November, 2020, and if the warranty isn't what I want, I'll find something else to ride in. I do not believe a Mercedes is viable without a warranty.

Makes sense. I’m going to start calling around this weekend getting quotes. The finance manager out of Tucson was unwilling to negotiate at all. He said my 2 year extended warranty was “only” $3400. I asked him what his cost was. He said he’d sell it for $3400. I laughed in his face. Would you mind messaging me the info on who you bought yours from?

JAMADOR 01-22-2019 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by milleian (Post 7657256)
Just signed the paperwork to my (soon to be) CPO 2016 C450 with 40k miles!!! It’s being shipped and will most likely arrive by the end of next week (can’t wait!). I’ve been reading through this forum and have learned so much before I’ve even received the car. Can’t wait!

Congrats

Originally Posted by jlr82 (Post 7649698)
Make sure you're good with the insurance payment on the C450 vs C300, it's a *very* steep difference here in the US (most people report approximately double the insurance payment).

I really liked the couple C400s I tested, but nixed them after talking to my ins agent for the above reason, nearly double the rate of a the C300.