C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Kind of regretting color/carplay decision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 05:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Mercedes has a "7-Day-Exchange-Policy" on Pre-Owned Mercedes Benz - the is ZERO Mercedes exchange policy on new.

In California you would have signed a specific sheet that says "No Cooling Off Period".

I might suggest to you that MB-corded CarPlay is "free" - just get a $6 3ft USB-Lightning cable in the color you like to keep in your MB.

BMW 1st charged $300 - now starting year #2 of ownership you pay extra $80 a year - so if nothing else $6 cable is cheaper .

With wireless CarPlay - especially with extended audio use - you will get out of your car with less iPhone battery juice - when you are wired you DON'T lose any of your iPhone battery charge and leave your MB with as-much/if-not-more iPhone battery juice than when you stepped in.

MB's "next Gen " with Carplay - waiting for Apple approval - is to add new gen Wireless CarPlay and also keep Wired Option for your driver's choice
Old 03-24-2019, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 C300
Thanks for all this info! My sales guy also confirmed the below in regards to the exchange policy.

I must admit, I’m feeling pretty anxious to get rid of this car and get one I want. For lease transfers, I know I need wait for at least 6 months. How about trading it in, where the dealership buys the lease?

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
Mercedes has a "7-Day-Exchange-Policy" on Pre-Owned Mercedes Benz - the is ZERO Mercedes exchange policy on new.

In California you would have signed a specific sheet that says "No Cooling Off Period".

I might suggest to you that MB-corded CarPlay is "free" - just get a $6 3ft USB-Lightning cable in the color you like to keep in your MB.

BMW 1st charged $300 - now starting year #2 of ownership you pay extra $80 a year - so if nothing else $6 cable is cheaper .

With wireless CarPlay - especially with extended audio use - you will get out of your car with less iPhone battery juice - when you are wired you DON'T lose any of your iPhone battery charge and leave your MB with as-much/if-not-more iPhone battery juice than when you stepped in.

MB's "next Gen " with Carplay - waiting for Apple approval - is to add new gen Wireless CarPlay and also keep Wired Option for your driver's choice

Last edited by iheartolive; 03-24-2019 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:22 PM

2019 C300
So today, I drive down to Newport to see family and I can hear the wind noises from my windows as I’m driving! I made sure all my windows were up and they were. What’s up with that?? It’s so distracting and pretty loud when you’re driving fast.

Seriously, starting to really hate this car
Old 03-24-2019, 08:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 Mercedes C300 Sport 4Matic AMG Pack (W205)
Next time take your sweet time choosing your car.

As for now, you can go to your dealership, and talk to them about changing cars.
They can trade it in for you, and get you into a new model.
You can at least get the numbers, and see the options they offer you, without jumping the bridge yet.

You'll most likely pay extra for that, because you'll be upside down on your current model.

One of the users also mentioned swapalease.com
Try it, and see if someone is willing to pickup the lease for you.
If you find someone willing to pickup the lease, then you'll wash your hands from it, and then go back to the dealership, and this time get the model you want without rush.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Originally Posted by iheartolive
did he post about this? Can you link me? I have to wait until Monday until my dealer’s manager is in. Ugh feeling so anxious lol.
Sorry, off hand I don't. All I remember is that he had it for less than 7 days, and his dealer signed him completely out of his car. They obviously have the power to do this from MB. Up to your dealer. Let us know Monday! Just don't drive it anymore than you have to and keep the mileage low.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:56 PM

2019 C300
Thanks! Right now it has 125 miles 😐

Originally Posted by rustybear3
Sorry, off hand I don't. All I remember is that he had it for less than 7 days, and his dealer signed him completely out of his car. They obviously have the power to do this from MB. Up to your dealer. Let us know Monday! Just don't drive it anymore than you have to and keep the mileage low.