MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   Just got the new 2019 C43 AMG - In Love (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/741130-just-got-new-2019-c43-amg-love.html)

kowyzg0moo 04-08-2019 01:51 AM

Just got the new 2019 C43 AMG - In Love

I've toyed around the idea of getting an AMG for years - literally. I've always only been able to afford in the ballpark of the C300 (W204) and then when the C400 came out in 2015, I got one (W205) to be dismayed by the lack of oomph despite the higher power engine. The "AMG decals" on the floor mats really didn't say much about the car and I sold the car for a C300 Coupe to be disappointed by the lack of power. It was a great car though. Fast forward, and I got word about an amazing promo that was being offered through a specific Mercedes-AMG Rep a dealer in So Cal. All of a sudden, AMG was actually in my projection and the price and discount I got was unreal. They made it possible and I'm finally an owner of a 2019 C43 AMG and I could not be more pleased with the car and the service I got from the dealer.

The car is just a beauty, and the details in the car are beautiful. The MB top stitched trim is such a huge upgrade from the non-stitched C-Classes I've been used to, and the new performance exhaust is exhilarating. I've had the pleasure of driving a friend's C63 AMG S (2016) and I won't lie, the feeling was close - much closer than the 2018 C43 I had test driven. The V8's rumble is definitely more stark and exciting, but the way Mercedes has tuned the new C43's performance exhaust on S+ is really next level. The extra power (390hp) really kicks in and the digital display makes it feel like you're in Forza. The car kept pace with a newer model M3 on the road as well (edited), and I love the car's "duality". In comfort mode, I could take the car around suburbs without any issues. On the open road, this car just goes from luxury sedan to performance machine + the new tech really has been a huge upgrade from the pre-refresh W205's. I really enjoyed carving through the mountains of the San Gabriel Valley, and the AMG 4Matic seriously put the grip down.

Just some pics of the car, since I've only seen one other one the road. Anyone else got one? They've really done a number on the rear with those beautiful REAL quad exhausts and the accents on the inside of the car too! Shoutout to Calvin at Mercedes Benz of Foothill Ranch for making dreams a reality. Much love to everyone in the MBWorld forum. Hope to see you all around!

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...01684a5a8.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9a15a94f1.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...15fbca8d2.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ec0aa066e7.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2d386e131.jpeg

Klinh 04-08-2019 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by kowyzg0moo (Post 7726494)
IThe car easily outpaced a newer model M3 on the road as well,

Keep dreaming my friend and congrats !!!

Doa 04-08-2019 04:19 AM

nice! aside from the move to a 43 AMG version, how do you feel the difference between facelift and pre facelift?

Knight. 04-08-2019 08:43 AM

Sick!! Congrats!!! :D

benzdude 04-08-2019 11:14 AM

I've toyed around the idea of getting an AMG for years - literally. I've always only been able to afford in the ballpark of the C300 (W204) and then when the C400 came out in 2015, I got one (W205) to be dismayed by the lack of oomph despite the higher power engine. The "AMG decals" on the floor mats really didn't say much about the car and I sold the car for a C300 Coupe to be disappointed by the lack of power. It was a great car though. Fast forward, and I got word about an amazing promo that was being offered through a specific Mercedes-AMG Rep a dealer in So Cal. All of a sudden, AMG was actually in my projection and the price and discount I got was unreal. They made it possible and I'm finally an owner of a 2019 C43 AMG and I could not be more pleased with the car and the service I got from the dealer.

The car is just a beauty, and the details in the car are beautiful. The MB top stitched trim is such a huge upgrade from the non-stitched C-Classes I've been used to, and the new performance exhaust is exhilarating. I've had the pleasure of driving a friend's C63 AMG S (2016) and I won't lie, the feeling was close - much closer than the 2018 C43 I had test driven. The V8's rumble is definitely more stark and exciting, but the way Mercedes has tuned the new C43's performance exhaust on S+ is really next level. The extra power (390hp) really kicks in and the digital display makes it feel like you're in Forza. The car easily outpaced a newer model M3 on the road as well, and I love the car's "duality". In comfort mode, I could take the car around suburbs without any issues. On the open road, this car just goes from luxury sedan to performance machine + the new tech really has been a huge upgrade from the pre-refresh W205's. I really enjoyed carving through the mountains of the San Gabriel Valley, and the AMG 4Matic seriously put the grip down.

Just some pics of the car, since I've only seen one other one the road. Anyone else got one? They've really done a number on the rear with those beautiful REAL quad exhausts and the accents on the inside of the car too! Shoutout to Calvin at Mercedes Benz of Foothill Ranch for making dreams a reality. Much love to everyone in the MBWorld forum. Hope to see you all around!

Very Nice, but I hate that AMG grille. (not sporty enough)

P.S. I think it was the bank that made your dreams a reality. :D

kowyzg0moo 04-08-2019 01:17 PM

Thank you bro. Maybe I just got lucky and the guy didn't know how to shift in his car. 4th Street said goodbye to the M3. :P

CJG 04-08-2019 01:18 PM

Very cool. Congrats! I would love an AMG, but feel the suspension would beat me up on a daily basis.

kowyzg0moo 04-08-2019 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Doa (Post 7726517)
nice! aside from the move to a 43 AMG version, how do you feel the difference between facelift and pre facelift?

Hey what's up Doa! My friend has a 2018 C43 AMG fully loaded, and she let me borrow it for a week before I even considered getting the car. Some of my thoughts:
- You can immediately tell the power difference. The new one has more oomph and I think AMG has spent more time calibrating the 9-Speed where it shifts smoother in Comfort and is more aggressive in S+. I love the louder "pops and crackles" on S+. Theres a significant gurgle that I didn't hear in the 2018 when downshifting in S+ that the 2019 now has. The pedal response felt significantly more directly in Sports and S+. Something that bothered me in the 2018 was how it always seemed to spool a little longer than I wanted unless I floored it.
- The suspension seems more tuned for comfort this year. I found the 2018 to be a lot harsher on the road, I could feel every bump and impact, even in comfort. The 2019 isn't like that until I get to S+.
- The interior upgrades with the digital display + the wider screen really upgraded the interior. It just feels significantly more premium and the AMG-exclusive Digitial Display "skin" is super cool. It just makes you feel like you're driving a McClaren P1. My buddy has one, and the giant spedometer with the revs and gear changes is almost identical. I absolutely love that. Built in Carplay makes my life easier so I didn't have to even get the Command system to enjoy a full wide screen navigation. The The 64-led ambient light is a no brainer upgrade though I still stuck with a similar hue blue. The standard MB-text top stitch is also a welcome add-on. The 2018 didn't have it and it reminded me of my C300's base dash.
- The modified Drive Modes, like Individual vs. the standard C/S/S+/Slippery has been significantly simplified and refined. You can't change the steering wheel control anymore (as it's tied to the Drive Mode). I'm a big fan of how they removed "eco". This just didn't make sense to me in an AMG as a mode and it made the 2018 drag.
- I couldn't really tell if the 4matic was a night a day change. I just know that it felt great carving through the mountains of the San Gabriel Valley and there was no hesitation. I felt more confident in the 2019 than the 2018, though that's definitely arbitrary.

Cheers!

kowyzg0moo 04-08-2019 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by benzdude (Post 7726726)
Very Nice, but I hate that AMG grille. (not sporty enough)

P.S. I think it was the bank that made your dreams a reality. :D

I still love the Diamond Grill more than any of the new AMG grilles. It's something I miss from my C Coupe. But it's actually really nice in person.

The bank had a little something to do with it, but frankly, I got a $200 a month price difference between Mercedes Benz of Foothill Ranch vs. DTLA Motors and a $180 price difference from Rusnak on the same car (the car was a DTLA Motors stock). The fact that neither of the latter dealers discounted the car more than $5k off MSRP made it intangible. Foothill Ranch went above and beyond and really took care of me. The sales guy Calvin that I worked with was legit serious about making me a good deal - I never even stepped into the dealer so there was no bait and switch. So I'm incredibly happy.

kowyzg0moo 04-08-2019 01:47 PM

I thought an AMG would kill me with the way potholes are here in Los Angeles. Having driven my friend's 2018 C43, I almost declined. But the 2019 has some new adjustments to the springs (not sure if they're brand new or something) but they rode just fine, even when I hit a big pothole just 150 miles into driving this car. I put some of my thoughts above replying to DOA's post. I think this car is a perfect daily driver. The C63 AMG S I test drove a while back had bone-rattling suspension, so I knew that was out of the picture (not just from a financial pov).

JAMADOR 04-08-2019 02:34 PM

Very nice. I seriously considered a C400 when I Was shopping but the ins rate was nearly double my C300.

When I'm due for an upgrade, I'll be eyeing CPO C43s & E53s, hopefully they're depreciated nicely.

sr5959 04-08-2019 05:55 PM

Congrats! The car looks fantastic! Love the Night Package on the Grey, and the 4 round exhausts.

Can you post the numbers from your deal? I might upgrade my C400.

And some pics of the Digital IP?

Thanks.

kowyzg0moo 04-09-2019 02:10 PM

Thanks thanks it really is sweet. Dealer asked me not to post numbers, but send me a DM and I can give you specifics. The guy I worked with at Foothill Ranch said he could hook it up to people i refer also. It's a night and day difference having driven a C400 (and I loved that car).

I can take some photos of the digital dash later today!

Gman710 04-13-2019 10:36 AM

Hi hey you have to replace the canards they will make that back pop real nice I did mine 👍👍👍

MBSebas87 04-13-2019 12:03 PM

Congrats!! She's a beauty

teksurv 04-13-2019 02:10 PM

Beautiful car!

AChan123 04-13-2019 02:53 PM

Nice ride! I would vote for the Pan-American GTR grill.

skim7x 04-16-2019 02:31 PM

The car easily outpaced a newer model M3 on the road as well,

Aaaand out goes the credibility 😂

gtnotoriouz 04-16-2019 09:46 PM

I love those rims!

shah1991 04-17-2019 07:02 PM

2019 C43 After Market Wheels

Does any one have any recommendation on 2019 after market 19ich rims without breaking the bank? Looking for options around 2k for a sets for wheels. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated as i have tough time finding any - Thanks!

kowyzg0moo 04-22-2019 02:02 PM

Check out eBay. They have a bunch of AMG-style rims for around $1k - and they're solid. I ran them on both of my previous cars before this one.