C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Big disappointment from mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300 w205 2015
Big disappointment from mercedes

Hey every one i bought mercedes c300 w205 2015 with 35k miles on it from america and ship it to my country it was my dream car i wanted it since it came out and now after 2 months of ownership i regret buying a mercedes quality is bad wired sounds coming from the interior and the wrist pin problem that should be fixed by mercedes but they want to charge me for it as its my fault and a problem with the transmission slipping while changing from second to third gear even my door handle light stop working i dont know what to say . Iam really sad because I worked very hard to pay for it and now iam regretting every dollar i paid for this car i didn’t expect mercedes benz to be bad like this i just dont know what to do just crying and try not to drive this peace of **** 😢😢😢😢😢 mercedes was my dream and now its my nightmare.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
A Mercedes bought from the US and exported to another country will not have any Mercedes warranty - and I think you were aware of that when you purchased your Mercedes.

Did you buy your Mercedes in the US from a Mercedes dealer - or did you buy from a non-Mercedes dealer or private buyer ?

The reason I ask - a Mercedes dealer normally would have diagnosed and caught any wrist pin issue - and the MB dealer would have either repaired the wrist pin issue under warranty here in the US before reselling the C-Class.

The transmission programming has had at least 2 updates I am aware of - and again a MB dealer "normally" would have performed those updates before selling this pre-owned C-Class

Please advise - thanks !
The following users liked this post:
Bassam A Yaseen (05-07-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 03:24 PM

Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport, ‘20 GLC300
My wrist pin went unnoticed or ignored when I purchased my CPO w205.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:10 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 C 300 4MATIC
MB's sole focus is leasing new cars. 60%+ of new MBs are leased. Once the lease ends they basically give these cars away for a steal. Then they get you with the over priced service and overpriced parts.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 C 300 4matic Lunar blue
In the Great Northeast of the Upper US, Mercedes does not give anything away for a steal except coffee, water and bagels, and they get that back.
The following 2 users liked this post by fbsdmd:
Bassam A Yaseen (05-07-2019), benzdude (05-07-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 04:15 PM

c300 w205 2015
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
A Mercedes bought from the US and exported to another country will not have any Mercedes warranty - and I think you were aware of that when you purchased your Mercedes.

Did you buy your Mercedes in the US from a Mercedes dealer - or did you buy from a non-Mercedes dealer or private buyer ?

The reason I ask - a Mercedes dealer normally would have diagnosed and caught any wrist pin issue - and the MB dealer would have either repaired the wrist pin issue under warranty here in the US before reselling the C-Class.

The transmission programming has had at least 2 updates I am aware of - and again a MB dealer "normally" would have performed those updates before selling this pre-owned C-Class

Please advise - thanks !
i bought it from mb dealer and ship it to my country after checking the car by the mb dealer and they say nothing wrong with it i scan the computer and there is no codes and check the body condition every thing was fine but now every thing is bad I didn’t expect this at all mercedes builds a car with all of these problems and now i dont know what to do mb should do a recall for all the cars with wrist pin problem its manufacturing problem not mine and they say mercedes build cars for 100 years huyndai builds more reliable cars and it only 10 years old iam just disappointed its just shocking no car is perfect but this car with all of these problems critical problems in engine and transmission and interior quality i dont know what is left in the car the body 😢😢😢 i just need help i cant fix it even the dealer in my country cant fix it there should be a way mb should fix at least the wristpin its their problem not mine to pay for it there is no justice in this 😢😢 i will drive it without fixing anything i hope that the engine stay alive not damaged by this wrist pin iam sorry its long but iam very disappointed and sad 😞 i wish i ve never buy it 😢

Last edited by Bassam A Yaseen; 05-07-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:30 PM

c300 w205 2015
Originally Posted by GreekUPS
My wrist pin went unnoticed or ignored when I purchased my CPO w205.
i think they ignore it and let who ever buy it fix it with his own money mercedes let us pay for their mistakes i hate the car and the manufacturer
Old 05-07-2019, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 444 Likes on 344 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by fbsdmd
In the Great Northeast of the Upper US, Mercedes does not give anything away for a steal except coffee, water and bagels, and they get that back.

I always drink as much coffee, tea, water and eat as many bagels as I can consume, whenever I visit the dealer. Use the WiFi to download huge files. (TAKE THAT!)

I've owned 4 Mercedes Benz cars. The first was a 1995 C280. The damn Audi used car dealer got me good. It had that single fancy wiper that moved up and down. Very cool.

Sadly, it had many rust issues and I put nearly as much money as I paid into all types of repairs.

I've now learned to only buy CPO (with additional warranty), always check the VIN, Any recalls, drive it many many times, check the engine (clean?), do research, do more research, ask questions, read the horror stories, ALL before buying.

AFTER buying it, spend the first year fixing ANY issues under warranty. Soak it.

Last edited by benzdude; 05-07-2019 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:47 PM

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
2017 C300 Cab 4Matic
Sorry to read of your misfortune. It's best to use the services of an independent inspector/tech when buying.is long-distance. I've sold two cars online and both buyers hired indie techs to inspect the cars before finalizing the deals. and I was happy to cooperate.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 C 300 4matic Lunar blue
Originally Posted by benzdude
I always drink as much coffee, tea, water and eat as many bagels as I can consume, whenever I visit the dealer. Use the WiFi to download huge files. (TAKE THAT!)

I've owned 4 Mercedes Benz cars. The first was a 1995 C280. The damn Audi used car dealer got me good. It had that single fancy wiper that moved up and down. Very cool.

Sadly, it had many rust issues and I put nearly as much money as I paid into all types of repairs.

I've now learned to only buy CPO (with additional warranty), always check the VIN, Any recalls, drive it many many times, check the engine (clean?), do research, do more research, ask questions, read the horror stories, ALL before buying.

AFTER buying it, spend the first year fixing ANY issues under warranty. Soak it.
My C300 CPO is, I think, MB #12. The best one I had was a 2006 E-class, unfortunately with brake by wire. My worst by far was the 1998 (I think) first year M class. They were proud to tell me that it was assembled in the US. They must have been very embarrassed back in Sindlefingen about what a crappy car this was. So much was bad about this car, mostly related to poor assembly. At the 3 year point they bought it back. My first MeBe was a 1960 220S, purchased from a classified ad. The seller lied about almost everything. This was back in 1968, so repair was easier. One of the repairs it needed was replacement of the master cylinder. During the 1960 model year there were 6 different master cylinder configurations, making finding one a challenge. Mercedes Benz cars were kinder and gentler back in the day. Somewhere along the way they changed there identity from a fine tuned enthusiast car maker to a profit center producer.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
duplicate oops
Old 05-07-2019, 10:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 c300
Sad to hear I feel your pain. I too had high expectations and was met with the reality that the quality of Mercedes products is not as high as one would expect, considering the amount people pay. That being said, the warranty is a godsend and without it, I would have long been crucified
Old 05-08-2019, 01:30 AM

c300 w205 2015
Mb should be responsible

Originally Posted by Elbandito
Sad to hear I feel your pain. I too had high expectations and was met with the reality that the quality of Mercedes products is not as high as one would expect, considering the amount people pay. That being said, the warranty is a godsend and without it, I would have long been crucified
Its not just a quality problems its a disaster the most important car parts have problems the engine suffering from wrist pin and the transmission slip and jerks and the interior make weird and loud sounds my 1998 corolla didnt suffer from any sound from the interior after 20 years i drive it today and its better than mercedes i dont know where’s the justice in this at least mercedes benz should send me parts for the engine i cant believe that there is no recall for such important thing i just want them at least to send me the parts its their responsibility fro building bad engine i want to contact mb in america and want Them to hear my message i paid more than 35k dollars for this car 😢
Old 05-08-2019, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
I really hate that Mercedes gets judged by a first time owner buying a used car from another country that is 4 years old. It isn't the proper experience IMO.

M
The following 4 users liked this post by Germancar1:
C280 Sport (05-13-2019), CA_E55 (05-09-2019), Petrocelli (09-12-2019), sadpanda (05-08-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 10:20 AM

c300 w205 2015
Originally Posted by Germancar1
I really hate that Mercedes gets judged by a first time owner buying a used car from another country that is 4 years old. It isn't the proper experience IMO.

M
Its not about my own car all the cars that build in 2015 have wristpin problem and alot experienced the same problem with the transmission its not about my car its about mercedes building bad cars with bad quality a lot of people experience what iam experiencing now i love mercedes but now i cant look at it mercedes should take responsibility for these mistakes i want to keep the car but no one is helping me they should send me the parts for free this will be fair i dont understand why they didn’t do a recall i just need help fixing it .
Old 05-08-2019, 08:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
W205 C300
What country are you in exactly?

There's always a risk in purchasing a car sight unseen ON TOP OF THAT having it sent to another country. Did you have the car inspected by an American mechanic before you paid for it? German cars in general are not known for their reliability. Mercedes made up for the wrist pin issue but issuing a safety bulletin about it. I'm not trying to say "I told you so," but this is a huge risk and sometimes stuff like this happens. I have not seen any proof that any W205 engines have been destroyed or damaged if went the wrist pins went un-repaired. Again, it sucks and i'm sorry it happened to you. My transmission shifts extremely hard from 1-2-3. Every single W205 I have driven did the same thing. MB told me it was the characteristic of the transmission, so i've left it alone. The door handles lights are expensive to fix. I would just turn off exterior welcome lighting if it bothers you that badly.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
W205 C300
Originally Posted by Bassam A Yaseen
they should send me the parts for free this will be fair i dont understand why they didn’t do a recall i just need help fixing it .
Why would they send you the parts for free? Mercedes dealerships usually require approval from MB USA or even Daimler themselves to proceed with these repairs. They need your vehicle and to diagnose it to make sure it is actually has the problem YOU say it has. It took TEN DAYS for Mercedes to approve my wrist pin repair under warranty. What happens if they send you parts and you damage the engine during repair?

Its not about my own car all the cars that build in 2015 have wristpin problem.
Also, not true. It was engines and vehicles manufactured before a certain date in April of 2015. Anything past April 2015 has no problem.

Last edited by riotrhythm; 05-08-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:52 PM

c300 w205 2015
Originally Posted by riotrhythm
What country are you in exactly?

There's always a risk in purchasing a car sight unseen ON TOP OF THAT having it sent to another country. Did you have the car inspected by an American mechanic before you paid for it? German cars in general are not known for their reliability. Mercedes made up for the wrist pin issue but issuing a safety bulletin about it. I'm not trying to say "I told you so," but this is a huge risk and sometimes stuff like this happens. I have not seen any proof that any W205 engines have been destroyed or damaged if went the wrist pins went un-repaired. Again, it sucks and i'm sorry it happened to you. My transmission shifts extremely hard from 1-2-3. Every single W205 I have driven did the same thing. MB told me it was the characteristic of the transmission, so i've left it alone. The door handles lights are expensive to fix. I would just turn off exterior welcome lighting if it bothers you that badly.
my country is palestine and i didn’t purchase it from America directly a dealer in my country ship the car and i took the car to my mb dealer for checking the car condition they check the body and read computer for any fault codes and they drove it a little bit and they say its fine there is no problem with it so i purchase the car now after 2 months of ownership i discovered all these problems . Iam not going to fix the engine because mb it self can’t fix it probably in my country so i will leave it like this and i hope the engine will stay alive i took it for the transmission and they say its normal and they advise me not to do anything with it now i hope that the car stay alive iam afraid that the engine will be destroyed because of wrist pin until now its just a noise problem I didn’t find a problem with the engine rather than its sound loud i will not fix anything hopefully everything will be ok 👌
Old 05-09-2019, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Its not about my own car all the cars that build in 2015 have wristpin problem and alot experienced the same problem with the transmission its not about my car its about mercedes building bad cars with bad quality a lot of people experience what iam experiencing now i love mercedes but now i cant look at it mercedes should take responsibility for these mistakes i want to keep the car but no one is helping me they should send me the parts for free this will be fair i dont understand why they didn’t do a recall i just need help fixing it .
All companies have problems, Mercedes is no different. Problem is you bought a used car from another country with no history on the car it seems. This would likely happen with any brand, but no one is going to send part of fix a car for free at 4 years old. It's a first year car also, the worst year to buy especially used.

M
Old 05-10-2019, 04:58 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Past 03 SL500,03 C240, 07 E350, 07 ML350, 10 ML350,11&14 E350 X2 2017 E300, 2017 C350e & 2000 S500
Why didnt you just import one from Jordan?? Israeli Mercedes dealerships always take care of their customers who's cars are under warranty. You bought a car from a dealer in the Palestinian territory. You should be mad at them and not the American dealerships. Stop crying for your own mistake.
Petrocelli (09-12-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 11:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C300 Coupe
my country is palestine and i didn’t purchase it from America directly a dealer in my country ship the car and i took the car to my mb dealer for checking the car condition they check the body and read computer for any fault codes and they drove it a little bit and they say its fine there is no problem with it so i purchase the car now after 2 months of ownership i discovered all these problems . Iam not going to fix the engine because mb it self can’t fix it probably in my country so i will leave it like this and i hope the engine will stay alive i took it for the transmission and they say its normal and they advise me not to do anything with it now i hope that the car stay alive iam afraid that the engine will be destroyed because of wrist pin until now its just a noise problem I didn’t find a problem with the engine rather than its sound loud i will not fix anything hopefully everything will be ok 👌
I think your problem is with whoever sold you that car, not Mercedes.