MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   Service A 50K service (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/746388-service-50k-service.html)

spec1976 06-03-2019 08:34 AM

Service A 50K service

Hello folks,

Just wondering how much you guys are getting quoted for the 50K Service from Mercedes?

I just got quoted $1489.75 for the minimum that included oil change, engine air filter, Plugs and that's about it.

Mikey53 06-03-2019 08:40 AM

It was around $800 here.

DoorHandle_LED 06-03-2019 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by spec1976 (Post 7770048)
Hello folks,

Just wondering how much you guys are getting quoted for the 50K Service from Mercedes?

I just got quoted $1489.75 for the minimum that included oil change, engine air filter, Plugs and that's about it.

Does that include tranmission fluid change? Both spark plugs and transmission fluid change need to be performed around 50k.

spec1976 06-03-2019 11:45 AM

No transmission fluid change from what I see. Attached is the sheet with the different prices.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a006d9c1a.jpeg

netboy 06-03-2019 01:13 PM

transmission fluid change is at 60k miles.
spark plugs is at 50k
i paid 842$ for 50k , after discount is 733$.
check dealers website for discount coupon.

GringoBling 06-03-2019 01:22 PM

Let me preface this by saying I think sometimes dealerships are necessary for specific repairs, and I like the dealership shop I deal with. However, in this case, that is an absolute rip off. Don't forget that the service writers get commission.

Any competent shop can do it, there's nothing special about this particular service, and you're out of warranty anyways. An independent shop would likely be half that or less.

netboy 06-04-2019 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by GringoBling (Post 7770224)

Any competent shop can do it, there's nothing special about this particular service, and you're out of warranty anyways. An independent shop would likely be half that or less.

but if you still have warranty or extended limited warranty, i would always do it at the dealer.
independent shops only do what you told them to, like change oil, spark plug, or transmission fluid change; i dont think they will do recall for you.
at dealers, they also do a inspection of your vehicle, if there something wrong, they'll fix it under warranty
i just done 70k miles at dealer, they updated my audio 20 software. and replace the rear flex disc cracking under warranty ( it' only like 300$).
atleast i get something back with that 75,000 miles warranty for 2000$

DoorHandle_LED 06-04-2019 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by spec1976 (Post 7770169)
No transmission fluid change from what I see. Attached is the sheet with the different prices.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a006d9c1a.jpeg

Find an indie those prices are insane. In general getting Service A (sometimes also B) at the dealer is a good deal. They get you on the other services. I would get Service A done at the dealer and take your time finding an indie who can do the transmission fluid change and spark plug replacement. For god sake the damn engine is longitudinal. The plugs are easy to get to. My indie doesn't even have sign for his garage and only does 1-2 cars a day with 4-5 weeks wait times.

fabbrisd1 06-04-2019 11:48 PM

All prior posts to the side - I might suggest you look to buy 2yrs/20K prepaid service for like $800 - and doublecheck if you have already had your sparkplugs changed (due at 45K) and that "should" be covered too.

spec1976 06-05-2019 09:56 AM

Thanks for the comments, I will do the plugs myself for sure and any more detailed work will be done by Indie.

Needless to say I did not go through with the service and just got the oil change done.

When I booked it in I had asked for an A service and how much it would be? I never did receive a reply and when I turned up and was given that price I advised there was no way I was doing that and just do an oil change. The Service Advisers reply was that since you are not getting the full service you cannot have a loaner car that I was replying on to get to work for a meeting. I could not be bothered arguing so I just waited till it was done took about and hour and tried to have as much complimentary coffee & snacks as i could :-)

Needless to say i will not be going back there. I have been to 2x dealers in Houston and they have both been awful. I am running out of them.

fabbrisd1 06-05-2019 11:25 PM

Frankly - sure if you want to wrench on your W205 - full speed ahead...

But frankly $800 for 2yrs/20K prepaid service - and including Spark Plug change and more - a lot of bang for the buck there

benzw205 06-10-2019 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by GringoBling (Post 7770224)
Let me preface this by saying I think sometimes dealerships are necessary for specific repairs, and I like the dealership shop I deal with. However, in this case, that is an absolute rip off. Don't forget that the service writers get commission.

But what about the computer ? Can independent shops connect to the car and reset the meter after changing oil ?

bzammitt 06-10-2019 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by benzw205 (Post 7775581)
But what about the computer ? Can independent shops connect to the car and reset the meter after changing oil ?

Yes, you can do that yourself at home lol

MD_HoustonTX 06-10-2019 04:00 PM

I'm getting mine done today at the local MB dealership. I'll update later tonight with the total, but roughly it was $480 for the 50K maintenance, $800 for the spark plugs, and $200 for the engine air filter. I bought the car last year and wanted to get the service done at the dealer since the factory warranty expires when I cross 50K miles in the next couple of days.

bzammitt 06-10-2019 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by MD_HoustonTX (Post 7775635)
I'm getting mine done today at the local MB dealership. I'll update later tonight with the total, but roughly it was $480 for the 50K maintenance, $800 for the spark plugs, and $200 for the engine air filter. I bought the car last year and wanted to get the service done at the dealer since the factory warranty expires when I cross 50K miles in the next couple of days.

Ouch..I hope you know you can do that all yourself for about $200. Maybe you have the money to burn, but I have other uses for my money! I did my oil change and spark plugs a month ago for $120 using OEM parts.

benzw205 06-11-2019 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by bzammitt (Post 7775654)
Ouch..I hope you know you can do that all yourself for about $200. Maybe you have the money to burn, but I have other uses for my money! I did my oil change and spark plugs a month ago for $120 using OEM parts.

Sorry but I don't buy a $100000 car to then save on service. I do not pay for oil, I pay for expertise. When I bring the car to the dealer I think that they check more than any other shop would do, expecting to charge me for every little thing !

MD_HoustonTX 06-11-2019 09:53 AM

Fair, but the reality is I'm a first-time MBZ owner (previously Lexus and Acura) and not very handy around cars. No experience and no tools, other than the kind souls on this forum.

I'm confident that I probably overpaid, but with some assurance on the state of the vehicle as the factory warranty expires this week. ;-)

robairex 06-12-2019 12:47 PM

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Just for some general info, in the US, you can not be denied warranty work if you use an indie mechanic etc:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance