MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C Class (W205) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205-186/)
-   -   2019 C300 wiper blade issues? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w205/750184-2019-c300-wiper-blade-issues.html)

JSidd 07-11-2019 06:43 PM

2019 C300 wiper blade issues?

So I just got a new C300 and the wiper blade on the driver side shudders when it reaches the top and then as it comes back down. Been back to the dealership twice regarding this. All they do is clean the windshield and tell me not to put any wax on the screen or avoid car wash places that put wax on the screen. The first time they apparently replaced the wiper blades. I took the GLC we have to the same car wash place and the older CLA I had as well. Never had an issue with wax building up on the windshield in any of those other cars.

Anyone else have this issue with newer MB cars?

Pointboy 07-12-2019 09:56 AM

This is a common problem; my 2018 suffers horribly from it. Its been back to the dealer multiple times; adjusting the wiper angle and polishing the glass did not resolve the problem. I recently had my windshield replaced due to a rock crack and the problem is 90% gone; I believe that someone else on this forum thought the windshield might be contributing to the problem. It's shocking that MB has known about this issue since day 1 and has done nothing to resolve it with the newer models.

Popoff 07-12-2019 01:03 PM

I had the same problem when I bought my '16 CPO. Dealer futzed around with it a couple of times but never resolved the problem. I had to replace the windshield (with a non Mercedes one) due to a rock strike and the problem disappeared.

GreekUPS 07-12-2019 07:47 PM

I also had the chatter. Got the wipers replaced which didn’t help. I ended up clay bar and then aquapel. That seemed to work for me.

Tirgoman 07-12-2019 10:54 PM

Try some Sprayway glass cleaner, got mine at Home Depot. Clean the glass and the rubber part of the blades really good with it.

don01 07-13-2019 12:26 PM

Try the Bosch wiper blades. They worked for me.I tried everything to mitigate the issue and nothing worked accept these new wiper blades. I thing the Mercedes wiper blades might be really sensitive. Thankfully I haven't had the issue with these wipers yet.

cjaredscott 07-13-2019 01:02 PM

I’ve been having this issue, but mine is a 2016. It goes into the dealer on Tuesday, and hopefully they’ll fix it...

JSidd 07-24-2019 08:59 PM

“Grime”

Complained directly to MB because it would do this in the rain too, and sent a note up to NHTSA as well. Mainly because it would skip during the down swipe in the rain.

This “executive referral manager” contacts me Friday and Monday morning tells me it’s a issue with grime building up on the windshield - BS. They gave me some special white cleaner from MB to use. Used it on Tuesday and today on the rain still having the same problem.

Checked the link, will they work for a 2019?

JSidd 07-24-2019 09:12 PM

For 2019...

Originally Posted by don01 (Post 7802232)
Try the Bosch wiper blades. They worked for me.I tried everything to mitigate the issue and nothing worked accept these new wiper blades. I thing the Mercedes wiper blades might be really sensitive. Thankfully I haven't had the issue with these wipers yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-3397009...gateway&sr=8-1

Went to parts geek and found these, might try this after I hear back from that woman at Mercedes once she gets the message that her well researched fix didn’t work.

Partsgeek

JSidd 07-25-2019 10:49 AM

Mercedes is a joke...

Well the manager emailed me and said I need to go to the dealership if the situation has gotten worse. lol

this from the person who told me there was no fix for it wants me to go to the dealership for service.

My.Last.Mercedes.Ever.

alexasa 07-25-2019 10:54 AM

they just need to be ran in - they are too stiff

JSidd 07-25-2019 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by alexasa (Post 7811861)
they just need to be ran in - they are too stiff

But it only happens on the driver side.

flycaster 07-25-2019 12:57 PM

Although my leased 2017 C300 coupe goes to MBFS in a couple of weeks, I figure I might as well chime in. Had dual wiper blade chatter from the first day I got the car. MB adjusted the blades' windshield angle on a supposedly super machine, changed the blades, scrubbed the windshield, and finally replaced the windshield...all to no avail for the full 3-yrs of my lease. Obviously a problem that MB doesn't take too seriously as they have yet to find a fix.

fbsdmd 07-25-2019 03:50 PM

My 2016 CPO has no issue with wiper blades chattering. I think they replaced the blades as part of the CPO process. I assume they used Mercedes blades, quite possibly made by the same people that make Bosch, but maybe not. I have used Bosch on other Mercedes and on a 3 series BMW. They have worked flawlessly. Give them a try-it's not a pricey strategy.

yaneza_1 07-25-2019 06:36 PM

Its a world wide problem, mine have the same situation...3 times already with the dealer and still same problems...

Elbandito 07-25-2019 09:36 PM

I had the same chattering. What’s worked for me is using an alcohol swab and cleaning the rubber piece that contacts the windshield. I don’t know if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me. Prob needs to be done once every couple of months

DylanM 07-25-2019 11:31 PM

This is a very wide ranging problem with the W205 (have the issue on my C400 as well). There is an inherent problem with the stock windshield and / or the wipers which MB have tried to fix by adjusting the wiper arms or using intensive glass cleaner - neither of these are generally effective. I've switched to Bosch Aerotwins based on a recommendation on here and it helped a bit, but the chattering still persists in light rain. Will try Aquapel next, but personally think a recall campaign is probably warranted as it's definitely a safety issue.

BTW here's a comparison of the wipers - Aerotwins on the left, stock on the right (the bodies are thinner and less rigid).

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c3f98100b2.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1fd1a36fad.jpg

Elbandito 07-27-2019 11:22 PM

How come my blade looks different than the Bosch wipers thst is “supposed” to fit my c300. The top is mine and the bottom is Bosch. I can’t find the wiper that’ll fit mine

DylanM 07-28-2019 12:07 PM

Can't see your pictures...? Only the Aerotwins have the OE adapter to attach to the wiper arms from what I've seen (but may be wrong).

ckebz 12-13-2019 12:42 PM

Wiper chatter: RESOLVED (for now)

I hope my experience will help others with this extremely annoying matter...

After bringing my 2018 C300 to the dealership several times over a span of 4 months, they replaced the blades 4 times, and even installed a new set of arms, yet the vehicle still had horrible wiper chatter in light rain. This last time (today) they cleaned the windshield with a special MB cleaner and said the chatter was due to grime/wax buildup. This worked... for now.

They gave me a bottle of the cleaner and a microfiber, and said every so often clean the windshield with this, and this only. DO NOT take the car through an auto car washer, do not put RAIN-X on the windshield, as the wax from the car wash, and/or detergent from RAIN-X will cause a buildup on the windshield that when mixed with rain water will cause the wipers to chatter. This is what they gave me, as of now I do not have any wiper chatter at any wiper speeds.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2b4199f0cf.jpg

Tirgoman 12-13-2019 09:25 PM

Pic is fuzzy, can get the name or send a better pic?

ckebz 12-17-2019 09:08 PM

The English part reads-
Window cleaner, intensive
only for the exterior,
not for plastic windows

GringoBling 12-18-2019 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by ckebz (Post 7930099)
The English part reads-
Window cleaner, intensive
only for the exterior,
not for plastic windows

You can get the BMW concentrate on Amazon for like 6 bucks shipped.

Cremez 12-19-2019 06:50 PM

Interesting to see that others have the same issue with this! I haven't attempted any fixes yet, but will try the cleaner!

ckebz 08-25-2020 01:43 PM

After about 2 years of this problem, and even with the MB windshield cleaner, I still HAD the issue. I am happy to announce that I've found a long lasting solution.
BLASTER Silicon Lubricant
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d43ff570c0.jpg

100% Stopped my squeaking, and stuttering. Its been 3 months now. NO skipping wipers. Spray the wiper blades, VERY GENEROUSLY, and wipe with a cloth. Problem solved.