C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Keyless Go starts/stops engine, but won't lock/unlock doors anymore

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS55, 2006 Lotus Elise
Keyless Go starts/stops engine, but won't lock/unlock doors anymore

Just picked up a CLS55 the other night, and the keyless go was working fine. Then this morning, for some reason, it will still start/stop engine but won't lock doors when I push the button on the door handle, or unlock when I grasp the handle. Does this on both driver and passenger's side door. I changed a bunch of settings last night, thought maybe that was what did it... I reset settings to factory, but the problem hasn't gone away.

Any ideas? I read a few other threads that sounded like the same problem, but no solution was found...
Old 02-06-2008, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Take it to the dealer. I had the same problem, they replaced the key fob's and a door switch.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:04 PM

Good idea, I just remembered the car's still under manufacturer's warranty (so used to buying used cars and having no warranty...)! I tested a little further, it seems that some door switches work some times, depending on location, but the driver's one almost never works. I replaced the batteries in the key, but now it doesn't work at all (!), so off to the dealer it goes tomorrow

I just can't get over how awesome this car is, to even care about taking it back to the dealer on the first day
Old 02-06-2008, 09:18 PM

06 CLS55 AMG
it's a common problem. they replaced my drivers door handle.

post pics
Old 02-06-2008, 09:32 PM

ML320
make sure the other key is not still in the car if so it will not let you lock the doors
Old 02-07-2008, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by tbenz
make sure the other key is not still in the car if so it will not let you lock the doors
Car only came with one key unfortunately, so that's not the problem.

Will post pics soon, hopefully tomorrow!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
Car only came with one key unfortunately, so that's not the problem.

Will post pics soon, hopefully tomorrow!
what? get another key plus the valet/service key from the dealer and have the code changed. to think that another key is floating around is a bit scary.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
what? get another key plus the valet/service key from the dealer and have the code changed. to think that another key is floating around is a bit scary.
Yeah, I think the first owner of the car lost the key. It's ok, I'm moving to another state soon, so I doubt whoever has that key will be able to find me Didn't know there's a service key, I'll ask the dealer about it when I take it to them tomorrow...
Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
Just picked up a CLS55 the other night, and the keyless go was working fine. Then this morning, for some reason, it will still start/stop engine but won't lock doors when I push the button on the door handle, or unlock when I grasp the handle. Does this on both driver and passenger's side door. I changed a bunch of settings last night, thought maybe that was what did it... I reset settings to factory, but the problem hasn't gone away.

Any ideas? I read a few other threads that sounded like the same problem, but no solution was found...

I hatethe keys, its likely justthe transmitter or battery, go directly to a dealer have em check. You can change the battery butIMHO it is a pain. I broke my key tryingto open it LOL.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:31 AM

Actually, while we're on the subject of KG, I don't suppose anybody has successfully disabled the annoying "Don't forget your key" beep when opening the door? It sounds like maybe either the instrument cluster can be flashed to newer version, or somebody with stardiagnose can fix it (where can I find somebody with stardiagnose in seattle area?).

I also have one single, loud annoying beep which occurs about 15-20 seconds after the car's power is enabled, but I haven't noticed anybody else complaining about such a thing, so I'm wondering if maybe its caused by the third party bluetooth in the car...