MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C219 (https://mbworld.org/forums/c219-174/)
-   -   TEAM AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c219/264747-team-amg.html)

juicee63 10-11-2008 01:51 PM

TEAM AMG

Worlds fastest CLS 63's attempt to take back 63 crown @ MIR

AP NEWS WIRE 10/11/08

It has been a long hot summer for team AMG CLS.

The track events in Southern California are not the best venue's for record traps and Et's. Team AMG feared not the fires, the wind, the smog, the gangs. Seat time is critical and this group of elite and dedicated Mercedes drivers has a bit of that.

Taking a page out of the East Coast brigade, the West Coast team decided to lay low and work out some modification in order to compete for the WFM title.

We will soon find out if all the experience in the heat will benefit this team on a frigid East Coast track. Will the team buckle under the pressure , will they falter when facing the spool of the TT V12. "We anticipate some amazing times that could hold for many years to come" explained Tricky Ricky, recently named Team AMG captain. Mr. tricky went on

" We have some fast cars , after the mods are completed they will be faster, we are not attending to simply squash the 63 record we want more"

He continues.
"The CLS is the best looking Benz by far, but we want it to be feared rather than admired just for the lines"

Team AMG hats off to you , we hope Paris and Lindsey will be joining you @ MIR , we will be there to continue reporting as the events unfold.

rarfinancial 10-12-2008 10:40 PM

WE WILL BE SEEN
WE WILL BE HEARD
WE WILL MAKE HISTORY

TEAM AMG CLS 63 MOD LIST= It's a secret :eek: (no NOS)

DRIVER: The One, The Only, The man That Shows No FEAR,
MMMMISTERRRRR. JUUUUUIIIIICCCCEEEEE MAN :bow:

This is sure to be a GREAT RACE DAY. Be one of the few to witness up close the 1st SUPERCHARGED CLS63 in the world!!
Can Juicee tame the beast? Will traction play a part? WILL THE CALI BOYS PLAY NICE?.. Stay tune for more updates..

MB_Forever 10-12-2008 11:44 PM

:D :D ******** IT HAS BEGUN..... ******* :D :D

MHP 10-12-2008 11:45 PM

Let the Smack Talking Begin

3-4psi or race gas? Team MHP has a non FI answer. :D

juicee63 10-12-2008 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by MHP (Post 3104053)

Can we have both..Andy Andy Andy...Its all about getting power from the Parktronic module, the CLS is ROCKING

MHP 10-13-2008 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by juicee63 (Post 3104072)
Can we have both..Andy Andy Andy...Its all about getting power from the Parktronic module, the CLS is ROCKING

LOL! :D

juicee63 10-13-2008 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by MHP (Post 3104104)
LOL! :D

Did you hear?

we are opening a new tuning shop.

We offer the following mods

"Passenger seat delete"
"Parktronic delete"
"Distronic delete"
"Ipod delete"
"Audio delete"
"Carpet delete"
"Tool delete"
"Ashtray delete"
"Washer fluid drain"
"Wiper delete"
"Fog light delete"
"Keyless go delete"

The name of our shop

Delete Motor Sports AKA DMS

MHP 10-13-2008 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by juicee63 (Post 3104116)
Did you hear?

we are opening a new tuning shop.

We offer the following mods

"Passenger seat delete"
"Parktronic delete"
"Distronic delete"
"Ipod delete"
"Audio delete"
"Carpet delete"
"Tool delete"
"Ashtray delete"
"Washer fluid drain"
"Wiper delete"
"Fog light delete"
"Keyless go delete"

The name of our shop

Delete Motor Sports AKA DMS

LMFAO!!! :rolf: Sounds like you're getting medieval on Rick's ride:D

MHP 10-13-2008 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by rarfinancial (Post 3103971)
WE WILL BE SEEN

Windowing a block is one hell of a way to make an entrance at a track rental.

WE WILL BE HEARD
Are you talking about the detonation or the aftermath?

WE WILL MAKE HISTORY
Shortest lived 6.2 project to date or the last to slap a blower on a 11.3:1 static C/R motor?

:D

You better run C16 in that puppy. I'd mention removing the cats but I know Juicee already thought of that. :p:

rarfinancial 10-13-2008 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by MHP (Post 3104053)

Hey Andy, This should be a BLAST :naughty: MS103/MS109 :y
I really would like to go with heads, cams, longtubes and delete secondary cats. instead of the SC. Oh ya and your V2 tune of course:D

MHP 10-13-2008 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by rarfinancial (Post 3104159)
Hey Andy, This should be a BLAST :naughty: MS103/MS109 :y
I really would like to go with heads, cams, longtubes and delete secondary cats. instead of the SC. Oh ya and your V2 tune of course:D

Props for bringing your car all the way out here bud. That's dedication. :cheers:

MS109 FTW. :y

jrcart 10-13-2008 09:38 AM

Passanger seat delete...you guys are kidding, right? Why don't you guys make a pass with no hood and see if that makes a difference LOL!. I do applaud the effort and the fact that you are going to make the long voyage east, I guess we know who the real player on the west coast is :y. Keep one thing in mind, all my passes in the Chicago are were in worse conditions and higher altitudes (630ft and 850ft)than you west coast guys have to deal with and my ALL MOTOR 11.4 pass was NOT CORRECTED. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I think I'm going to be able to hold you guys off on a motor only pass and save the NOS for the V12 tt's.

32 Days and Counting!

rarfinancial 10-13-2008 12:40 PM

ouch

[QUOTE=MHP;3104145]Windowing a block is one hell of a way to make an entrance at a track rental.

Shortest lived 6.2 project to date or the last to slap a blower on a 11.3:1 static C/R motor?

Damn , I just spit my food all over my screen..
OH, YOU FUNNY FUNNY MAN :rolf::rolf::rolf:

WE WILL BE SEEN... Damn, WTF? Sweet
WE WILL BE HEARD... Holy Sh*t, was that a Fighter jet flying by?
WE WILL MAKE HISTORY... CLS63 vanishes after 1/4 mile run @ MIR race track" Witness states "It was the like a stealth bomer, at the staging line the second the lights went green the silver CLS was gone, only leaving behind a badly charred '09 C63 still at the staging lines" The driver of the C63 when pulled out of his car was speachless & confussed, He then shouted at the top of his lungs the word, "MOMMY" . More updates at 11pm on ABC NEWS SPECIAL REPORT..:eek::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf:

MB_Forever 10-13-2008 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 3104454)
Keep one thing in mind, all my passes in the Chicago are were in worse conditions and higher altitudes (630ft and 850ft)than you west coast guys have to deal with and my ALL MOTOR 11.4 pass was NOT CORRECTED. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I think I'm going to be able to hold you guys off on a motor only pass and save the NOS for the V12 tt's.

I will disagree with you there...... you will be surprised when you run in California tracks. Fontana starts with 1200 ft elevation with a common DA of 3000 to 4000 ft. Most of the time, temperatures are in the high 90s with high humidity and smog in that area. The lowest temperatures we were able to run at in Fontana was 63 F with a DA of 1500 ft (those were the best conditions we could get at that track and that was in January). In addition, the track is believed to go slightly up hill.

jrcart 10-13-2008 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by MB_Forever (Post 3104762)
I will disagree with you there...... you will be surprised when you run in California tracks. Fontana starts with 1200 ft elevation with a common DA of 3000 to 4000 ft. Most of the time, temperatures are in the high 90s with high humidity and smog in that area. The lowest temperatures we were able to run at in Fontana was 63 F with a DA of 1500 ft (those were the best conditions we could get at that track and that was in January). In addition, the track is believed to go slightly up hill.

I am aware of some of the track conditions and altitudes out in California. I was just making a reference because anytime we get on this conversation for some odd reasson people think Chicago has great conditions. The truth of the matter is our summers are hot 90's and sometimes into 100's in June July and August and our humidity from Early May until Early October is usaully 75%75%-99%.

Here is a list of tracks in California and their altitudes

LA County 2750ft 1/4 mile

Fontana 1112ft 1/4 mile

Pomona 997ft 1/4 mile

Irwindale 750ft 1/8 mile

Famosa 612 ft 1/4 mile

Redding 493ft 1/4 mile

Kern County 320ft 1/8 mile

Sacramento 100ft 1/4 mile

Infineon 41ft 1/4 mile

My fastest E/T to date was set at Byron raceway with an elevation of over 850 ft. so with the exception of LA County I am dealing with tracks in the same ball park elevation/altitude wise as California.

Thericker 10-13-2008 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=rarfinancial;3104701]

Originally Posted by MHP (Post 3104145)
Windowing a block is one hell of a way to make an entrance at a track rental.

Damn , I just spit my food all over my screen..
OH, YOU FUNNY FUNNY MAN :rolf::rolf::rolf:

WE WILL BE SEEN... Damn, WTF? Sweet
WE WILL BE HEARD... Holy Sh*t, was that a Fighter jet flying by?
WE WILL MAKE HISTORY... CLS63 vanishes after 1/4 mile run @ MIR race track" Witness states "It was the like a stealth bomer, at the staging line the second the lights went green the silver CLS was gone, only leaving behind a badly charred '08 C63 still at the staging lines" The driver of the C63 when pulled out of his car was speachless & confussed, He then shouted at the top of his lungs the word, "MOMMY" . More updates at 11pm on ABC NEWS SPECIAL REPORT..:eek::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf:

Now that's FUNNY:y:y:rolf::rolf::bow::bow:

Thericker 10-13-2008 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 3105013)
I am aware of some of the track conditions and altitudes out in California. I was just making a reference because anytime we get on this conversation for some odd reasson people think Chicago has great conditions. The truth of the matter is our summers are hot 90's and sometimes into 100's in June July and August and our humidity from Early May until Early October is usaully 75%75%-99%.

Fontana 1112ft 1/4 mile

Pomona 997ft 1/4 mile

Irwindale 750ft 1/8 mile

Famosa 612 ft 1/4 mile

Redding 493ft 1/4 mile

Infineon 41ft 1/4 mile

My fastest E/T to date was set at Byron raceway with an elevation of over 850 ft. so with the exception of LA County I am dealing with tracks in the same ball park elevation/altitude wise as California.

Dragtimes lists...
Infineon Raceway - Sonoma, CA USA
1/4 mile Drag Racing Timeslips
Track Elevation: 177 feet not 41ft:nix:

Pomona Raceway - Ponoma, CA USA
Track Elevation: 1025 feet

Irwindale Dragstrip - Irwindale, CA USA
Track Elevation: 250 feet

Famoso Raceway - Bakersfield, CA USA
Track Elevation: 625 feet

Redding Dragstrip - Redding, CA USA
Track Elevation: 557 feet
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kern County....This track is currently under construction and is expected to open in the spring of 2008.

New: 2005-12-07 Last Updated: 2007-08-08
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sacramento Raceway Park - Sacramento, CA USA
Track Elevation: 30 feet

Not saying these results are 100% ligit, but they differ from your data, what was your source?:y

MB_Forever 10-13-2008 03:54 PM

California Tracks Info

I know how you feel exactly, west coast racers usually get the same reaction.... :) But since we're on the subject, I'd like to give a brief description of some of these tracks....

LA County closed down; it was one of the worst tracks in California. Too much wind, dust, and DA of over 4000 ft most of the time. The only good thing was that it was always open and hardly busy :)

Fontana 1112ft 1/4 mile

At the track, we once measured altitude using a GPS device, and it came out to 1169 ft, but as stated before, this track sees an average temps of 90 F from February to October (July and August, temps are in the 100s). However, track prep is very good.

Pomona 997ft 1/4 mile

I believe it is at 1025 ft elevation, but I haven't been to that track yet, so I can't really give feedback. Juice are you out there?

Irwindale 750ft 1/8 mile

1/8th of mile is just not the same.

Famosa 612 ft 1/4 mile

This track is decent except that temps in McFarland are between 105 to 110 F in the summer. When we do rent the track however, we usually do it in November to January, when temps are in the 60s, but DA still comes close to 1000 ft. I believe track elevation is at 615 ft.

Redding 493ft 1/4 mile

Haven't been to that one either....

That one doesn't exist yet, they stopped/postponed construction. It won't be a drag strip, just a road course.

Although that track is at very low altitude and almost ZERO DA all year round, it's not ideal to run there. We've been to that track two times already (it was 4.5 hours drive one-way for me and 8 hours for Juicee and Shawn :), talk about dedication) and documented the whole event in other threads (I believe over 27 MBs attended the event), and non of the cars had decent traction. The track is almost abandoned; there is almost no prep what so ever, the asphalt is not even, and humidity is very high. Even 215 hp C-Classes couldn't gain traction that day.

Infineon 41ft 1/4 mile

That actually is the BEST track we have. Track prep is excellent, altitude is excellent, and DA is not too high. Unfortunately because that track is linked with the road course, it's always busy. Also some believe it gets strong head winds most of the time.

Your car will truely shine at MIR, but I think ATCO is even faster with a slightly better DA, and I wish we would've rented that track instead.

MHP 10-13-2008 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=Thericker;3105014]

Originally Posted by rarfinancial (Post 3104701)
Now that's FUNNY:y:y:rolf::rolf::bow::bow:

LOL, good thing I have an '09. :p:

My car with tuning/filters only isn't going to be a match for Rick's FI CLS, until after he breaks a ringland ;), but one of the cars (or more) on Team MHP sure will be. :D

juicee63 10-13-2008 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jrcart (Post 3104454)
Passanger seat delete...you guys are kidding, right? Why don't you guys make a pass with no hood and see if that makes a difference LOL!. I do applaud the effort and the fact that you are going to make the long voyage east, I guess we know who the real player on the west coast is :y. Keep one thing in mind, all my passes in the Chicago are were in worse conditions and higher altitudes (630ft and 850ft)than you west coast guys have to deal with and my ALL MOTOR 11.4 pass was NOT CORRECTED. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I think I'm going to be able to hold you guys off on a motor only pass and save the NOS for the V12 tt's.

32 Days and Counting!

Mr. Jimmy,

It will not be ez for you.. Remember I can get this car down to 3800 lbs and he may have 100hp more than you . The CLS is faster less downforce, your car wants to stay squatted and the CLS wants to FLY. Look at the lines man..This is a comfy sexy sedan thats gonna take your BS CLK and fly by. Please just make sure you have a camera mounted on your front so you can get a clear view of the Whale as she shows her tail.

Rick has already hit 12.0@117.9 this was prior to delete tuning. Funny part is we used your car to make this one faster :-):y:D:rolf:

Our goal is to make you faster by getting close to your all motor pass. 11.40, we think we can out trap you.. hehe

juicee63 10-13-2008 04:35 PM

[QUOTE=MHP;3105145]

Originally Posted by Thericker (Post 3105014)

My car with tuning/filters only isn't going to be a match for Rick's FI CLS, until after he breaks a ringland ;), but one of the cars (or more) on Team MHP sure will be. :D

Mr. Andy,

Your car is fast, we are certain you will not be undersold at this event. We are planning on checking your car prior to running. We know the 63 and it will be difficult for you to sneaky p us. I believe you will suprise many , but we expect it. Rick pack up the bleach and the jel, make certain we have Paris in the trunk and ofcourse the AMG flag:y

rarfinancial 10-13-2008 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=MHP;3105145]

Originally Posted by Thericker (Post 3105014)

O.K Sorry 09 C63. I just fixed it. :rolf::rolf::smash: This is going to be a great day. Can't wait to meet all you guys. :y. One thing for sure,
WE BETTER HAVE VIDEO!!!!

MHP 10-13-2008 06:56 PM

[QUOTE=rarfinancial;3105399]

Originally Posted by MHP (Post 3105145)

O.K Sorry 09 C63. I just fixed it. :rolf::rolf::smash: This is going to be a great day. Can't wait to meet all you guys. :y. One thing for sure,
WE BETTER HAVE VIDEO!!!!

LMAO. We better have tables/bottles afterwards as well. :cheers:

MHP 10-13-2008 06:59 PM

[QUOTE=juicee63;3105188]

Originally Posted by MHP (Post 3105145)

Mr. Andy,

Your car is fast, we are certain you will not be undersold at this event. We are planning on checking your car prior to running. We know the 63 and it will be difficult for you to sneaky p us. I believe you will suprise many , but we expect it. Rick pack up the bleach and the jel, make certain we have Paris in the trunk and ofcourse the AMG flag:y

Juicee, I expect you to be all over my junk, afterall you are from SoCal. :hay:

Fugg Paris, if you can stuff Nikki into your trunk I may let you disconnect a few hoses/lines on my car before running. :p:

:p::p::p::p::D

juicee63 10-13-2008 07:04 PM

[QUOTE=MHP;3105451]

Originally Posted by juicee63 (Post 3105188)

Juicee, I expect you to be all over my junk, afterall you are from SoCal. :hay:

Fugg Paris, if you can stuff Nikki into your trunk I may let you disconnect a few hoses/lines on my car before running. :p:

:p::p::p::p::D

Just so you are aware here is a brief clip of Tricky Ricky at our last gathering

He is explaining a few things to some folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsXa-dcUvpU