C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

MB Extended Warranty (from MB) experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
MB Extended Warranty (from MB) experience?

Hi Everyone,

With the loss of CSC as an option, I'm wondering how many people actually have the MB extended warranty and their experience.

Only thing that bugs me is that I can't take it to an independant mechanic if I want to.

But wondering if people have had issues with the MB warranty. I hear talk about how if you hvae the MB warranty, dealers are less inclined to do the repairs. I'm not sure how that would work (i assume dealer recieve payments for warranty work from MB).

Any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55
I bring my car into Laguna Niguel Mercedes everytime I have an issue.. they have:

replaced right rear axle, replaced right front head light assembly + motor, resealed my left and right valve cover/replaced gaskets, replaced transmission gaskets, replaced my front right airmatic shock, replaced engine mounts, fixed my dynamic drivers seat... just off of the top of my head.

I'm glad I spent the extra $$$ for the warranty... they've done nothing but hold up their end of the bargain... i HIGHLY recommend it!!

keep in mind, I also have all of the mods below, they've never once mentioned any of my mods.

btw, you can bring it to an independent mechanic.. but you'll just have to pay for it : )

hope this helps!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:10 PM

cls 55 amg
i recommend it too. i've had a couple of problems (including one where i hit the passenger side on the curb and screwed the airmatic), and it all got replaced no questions asked.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:14 PM

2006 CLS55, 2005 Boxster-S
Yes mos def. Initially it hurt paying for the extended warranty but ended up being well worth it. So far I've had the following work completed at FJ in Newport Beach: seal gaskets replaced, SC water pump replaced, Comand unit replaced, rear trunk closer repaired. All in a matter of 6 months.

You are also able to get an extended warranty from MBZ directly as long as your car is under factory warranty. Don't let any dealer tell you differently.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:22 PM

2020 GLC63 AMG
Thumbs up Info on who to contact/how to get?

Thanks for all the great info... I was wondering if anyone could tell me who you need to contact about getting the MB extended warranty or how you go about getting it. I contacted 2 different dealers on my CLS55 back when it was under warranty and they both said that no such thing existed. This was about 16 months ago so maybe it didn't then- I didn't know.

I'm now looking at either an R63 or ML63 and really want to line up an MB extended warranty this time around while whatever I get is still under factory OEM warranty, but do not trust the local dealers and the information they provide. I also will never do a 3rd party extended again as I learned that lesson in the past when the company I had one through went bankrupt. I've since heard 3 others who had the same experience with a 3rd party so I now only trust something factory or backed by the factory.

Many thanks in advance for any info!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:26 PM

CLS63
Call you service advisor at the dealership and tell them you want a quote on the MB backed extended warranty.

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...parts/warranty

Look under extended limited warranty. Any MB dealer that tells you it doesn't exist is either ignorant, or is making a bigger profit selling you a third party warranty.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:39 PM

Hburg - most dealers won't give you an extended warranty through MB unless you bought the car from them. You want to contact Lisa Lehrbaum at the Mercedes dealership out of Chico, CA. I got mine from her and she's also listed on the boards here. She'll hook you up so long as your original warranty is still in effect. Hope that helps.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:44 PM

CLS63
Originally Posted by tzenri
Hburg - most dealers won't give you an extended warranty through MB unless you bought the car from them. You want to contact Lisa Lehrbaum at the Mercedes dealership out of Chico, CA. I got mine from her and she's also listed on the boards here. She'll hook you up so long as your original warranty is still in effect. Hope that helps.
Thats intersting. both dealers i spoke with in LA had no problems with it. it's money in their pocket. no idea why they would refuse to sell you the warranty.

Lisa is no longer with Chico, (per postings on the boards.) and supposedly courtesy will no longer sell you a warranty w/o an inspection.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:21 PM

2007 E 63
I have been going through warranties through several sources. I was on the M5 forums and every one was talking about how good of a deal Zurich was. Got a quote from them for a 36/75K for over $6K. Went to my local dealership. Theirs was $5100. Called the dealership I bought the car from, and it was $4400. I am glad to hear good things about the M-B warranty. To me it looks like a no brainer. My car is a 07 E63 with 33K miles, original owner.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 PM

2020 GLC63 AMG
Thumbs up very good to know

Excellent, thanks again for all the great info. I'm dumbfounded as to why they wouldn't sell me this when I asked on my CLS55. The one place said they don't carry any extended warranties so they claimed they had nothing to sell me, and the other just sold Zurich which definitely sounds like it was a good bit more than the factory one would have been, and most likely why they didn't want to sell the MB one. It was a crazy high quote, I remember that much.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:15 PM

Don't know if this makes a difference but having the MB extended warranty has allowed me to get free c-class rentals from FJ. not sure if 3rd parties will cover the cost.