RENNTech Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK55
RENNTech Question

hi everyone...i m a new user to this forum...currently driving a 02 C32

Does anyone know if there is RENNTech in vancouver, Canada? or anywhere i can get modification for my car?

by the way...if i do any changes to the car, such as exhaust, and engine parts, does the warranty become void right the way?

Thanks

Last edited by D_Star; 04-09-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:54 AM

You probably need to ask someone from canada, because MBcanada has different rules and guidelines than MBusa. For example, in MBtaiwan, you can order kleemann modifications from the factory and in Germany, you can install any kleemann parts you want without voiding the factory warranty. I don't know about other tuners because I haven't researched them for these kinds of things.

Anyway, if it was an american car, we have the magnusson-moss act. This prevents an auto manufacturer from voiding the warranty on a car because they don't use factory parts. This was done in the hopes of keeping manufacturer pricing on replacement parts competitive by removing their monopoly on cars that are still under warranty. This had a nice spill over effect on the aftermarket for performance parts because you can add things around the engine, without voiding the warranty.

To make a long story short, I am certain that in a street racing crazy city like vancouver, someone is marketing renntech parts or wouldn't mind getting them from you. If MBcanada is like MBusa, then you could add exhaust and an intake, but once you modify engine internals, your drivetrain warranty is pretty much gone, but the rest of it stays intact. They do have to prove your modification caused the damage here though. They have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:16 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Hello D Star

I was at the Vancouver Auto Show last weekend and there were a couple of guys who had two Carlsson cars on display. These guys said they have done modifications using Carlsson, Kleeman, Brabus and Lorinser. However, they did say that they did not do anything for Renntech. I'll try to find their card around here somewhere and post their info if I can.

I believe they are out of Coquitlam, and they seemed very nice and were quite knowledgeable. I guess you could call Renntech and ask them who provides their parts in Vancouver and what their opinions would be concerning local providers. If you do, please post back as I would be interested too. And heck, if no one provides Renntech service in town, driving from Vancouver to Florida would be kinda fun in the summer.

I am sure someone probably does though.

Last edited by MB AMG55; 04-09-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:07 PM

05 CLK55
thank you guys so much....man this is great!!

yes i ll definitly try to find out...wonder wut it is like to have a whole line up of C32 driving down to florida together ^^ hahaha tha ll be nice

thanks guy
Old 04-09-2005, 08:19 PM

05 CLK55
BTW guys if i am planning on replacing the catbacks of my car...do u guys have any suggestion??

i have looked into Greddy, AEM, and basically all the japanese tunners, but i m having some troubles finding euro tunners besides Babus, Carlson, Lorinser... really need help...also would Greddy or AEM exhaust work for MB...or would anyone do tha?? thanks
Old 04-10-2005, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
the only exhaust out for our cars now are all resonator back... RENNTech might develop a custom header back exhaust for my car with high flow cats but that wont be for a while...
Old 04-11-2005, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
D_Star: Harton Motorwerks is an authorized dealer of Renntech in Vancouver. The local retail division will be called OM Tuning Inc. You are more than welcome to send me an e-mail with any questions that you might have.

MB AMG55: the two cars that you saw on the show were not all Carlsson, only the SLK is Carlsson, the SL is Kleemann. But I dont think they are the authorized dealers.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:34 PM

2005 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Harris
MB AMG55: the two cars that you saw on the show were not all Carlsson, only the SLK is Carlsson, the SL is Kleemann. But I dont think they are the authorized dealers.

Thanks Harris, I thought I got one of them wrong. Sorry about the error. Do you work for Harton Motorwerks? I wanted to know if they were authorized dealers for some of the bigger MB tuners. Would you know if they are located in Vancouver? I've been leaning towards Kleeman or Renntech equipment, though I'm still doing my research.

Any information would be helpful as I'm in the process of deciding between an C55 or E55. Depending on which one I decide, I'll either have more or less money for after market goodies.

Thanks for your assistance.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MB AMG55
Thanks Harris, I thought I got one of them wrong. Sorry about the error. Do you work for Harton Motorwerks? I wanted to know if they were authorized dealers for some of the bigger MB tuners. Would you know if they are located in Vancouver? I've been leaning towards Kleeman or Renntech equipment, though I'm still doing my research.

Any information would be helpful as I'm in the process of deciding between an C55 or E55. Depending on which one I decide, I'll either have more or less money for after market goodies.

Thanks for your assistance.
Yes, I work for Harton Motorwerks. Our new site is underway, please check out our old site for the time being. You will have a better understanding of what we carry. www.hartonmotorwerks.com

Since we live in the same city, you are more than welcome to drop by or give me a call.