C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Twin Screw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin Screw

Has anybody ever thought about switching to a Twin screw supercharger instead of the Eaton roots that the C32 has stock? Is it possible? I know that nobody makes one for it now but look at the gains and potenital that other supercharged vehicles get from them. I would guess that 500hp would be quite possible maybe more. Any thoughts? Also anybody who would be interested in something like this speak up cause maybe we could go to Kenne Bell or Whipple and have one made. Price would probably be between $3500 and $6,000 based on the prices they charge for other kits. Compared to the prices brabus and lorinser charge for less power I think that'd be a great trade off.

Well what does everybody think?
Old 08-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
My friend, C32 is already a twin-crew kompressor.

Please do a search on this forum.

Thank you.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Thanks Vadim. I was just sitting here, thinking to myself, "doesn't the C32 aready have a twin-screw? I wish Vadim would chime in with his expertise." Then, BAM, your response pops up. Cool.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN
My friend, C32 is already a twin-crew kompressor.

Please do a search on this forum.

Thank you.
OK, then has anyone thought of switching to an Eaton supercharger? Think of the possible gains, 500 maybe 1,000 HP.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Well if that is the case there is no need to bash me. I am very new to the C32 and I know I read on one site that the mercedes uses Eaton roots based chargers for their cars. So I was just asking. And if that is the case what it the displacement on the C32 Blower(1.7? 1.5? or smaller?) Could a larger displacement one be put on instead?

Once again, please keep in mind I am new, I know mostly about Audi (stage 3 S4) since that is what I have now and that will remain my other car once I have found the C32 that I want. I just want to find new ways to increase the power since tuners like Renntech, Brabus, AWE, APR for Audi, etc are profit focused and due to that we may not always see the full potential of a car since they might not perceive the demand to be high enough.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

I believe you are half right. MB used Roots type S/C's on the 4-banger C230. AMG, however, opted for the twin screw, thus producing 349 hp. Vadim's response about searching the forum is not meant as jab. This forum is a tremendous resource for all kinds of mods, if you spend some time researching what you want to do.

With regards to the S/C, I think most people here are opting for one of the several pully kits available for our cars. You should be able to add 30 hp with a $1500-$2000 investment. A powerchip would also help cure what ills you.

Good luck and have fun with it.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by ScottW911
I believe you are half right. MB used Roots type S/C's on the 4-banger C230. AMG, however, opted for the twin screw, thus producing 349 hp. Vadim's response about searching the forum is not meant as jab. This forum is a tremendous resource for all kinds of mods, if you spend some time researching what you want to do.

With regards to the S/C, I think most people here are opting for one of the several pully kits available for our cars. You should be able to add 30 hp with a $1500-$2000 investment. A powerchip would also help cure what ills you.

Good luck and have fun with it.

Thanks, I realize that Vadim was not bashing but helping and I thank him for that. I searched and you are def right I must have read something about the 4 banger chargers and assumed that it was the same for the AMG's. Apologize again for my ignorance, I am anxious to learn.

I know about the pulley kits and my only problem with that is that if it was possible to put a larger charger on for a price then I would rather do that since I have spent about $10K on the engine of the S4 and am around 380-400hp on 11-12psi. I have no problem accepting that the benz is more expensive to mod but I would like to see all the possibilities.

So, in your expertise and Vadim's and everybody else's would you think it possible to put a larger blower on?

Last edited by AFbb2001; 08-07-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi C7.5 S6
It may be possible to put a bigger blower on it, but maybe not cost effective. You would also need a larger heat exchanger (aftercooler) under the blower.

Do you have a machine shop available and lots of cash?

A larger blower, plus adapting the blower manifold and blower clutch on the blower snout may cost more than than just getting a Evosport stage2 and set Shrick cams.

The Evosport stage2 and set Shrick cams should give you well over 400hp.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by m444
It may be possible to put a bigger blower on it, but maybe not cost effective. You would also need a larger heat exchanger (aftercooler) under the blower.

Do you have a machine shop available and lots of cash?

A larger blower, plus adapting the blower manifold and blower clutch on the blower snout may cost more than than just getting a Evosport stage2 and set Shrick cams.

The Evosport stage2 and set Shrick cams should give you well over 400hp.
Yeah, what he says.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Almost a Member!

You have very good points. I guess then I will get those things then once I do have the money and if I still want to mess with it I'll at that point give it a try. Thanks for all the advice.