C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Navigation question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
Navigation question

I have been trying to figure out this annoying issue - to no avail. So here it goes...

I often use the Navi on my way home, say when I want help on finding the quickest route to the highway. Works great. Once I am on the highway I can figure out my way home so I try to stop the Navi and just listen to the radio. I can't do it!! The friggin thing wont stop talking! There is an option for "stop" on the screen - but it won't stop! I turn the power off on the radio - then turn it back on a few seconds later to listen to the radio, and the Navi guidance keeps on chiming in. It drives me crazy to be a mile or two from my house and have a carputer tell me how to get home.

So the question is - how do you get the guidance to STOP?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:19 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by dkflipse
I have been trying to figure out this annoying issue - to no avail. So here it goes...

I often use the Navi on my way home, say when I want help on finding the quickest route to the highway. Works great. Once I am on the highway I can figure out my way home so I try to stop the Navi and just listen to the radio. I can't do it!! The friggin thing wont stop talking! There is an option for "stop" on the screen - but it won't stop! I turn the power off on the radio - then turn it back on a few seconds later to listen to the radio, and the Navi guidance keeps on chiming in. It drives me crazy to be a mile or two from my house and have a carputer tell me how to get home.

So the question is - how do you get the guidance to STOP?
idk if the European version is different to the US one but on mine you just press the Nav button and you get a YES or NO option on whether you wan't to stop it or not, just press on YES and that's it

is this what your doing ? if so and it doesn't work maybe you have a fault with the unit
Old 08-29-2007, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
Originally Posted by timberman
idk if the European version is different to the US one but on mine you just press the Nav button and you get a YES or NO option on whether you wan't to stop it or not, just press on YES and that's it

is this what your doing ? if so and it doesn't work maybe you have a fault with the unit
Euro NAV works the same way.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Sounds like something is wrong with your nav then. Mine turns off like mentioned above and is off. Can listen to radio/CD/whatever and not have the nav chime in anymore.
Have you tried just pulling out the nav disk? That should shut it up...even though you shouldn't have to do that in order to get it to stop.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by timberman

that should work, if not just mute the NAV unit. and keep the radio running.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
Originally Posted by Harry Madan
that should work, if not just mute the NAV unit. and keep the radio running.
Muting is an option, but if his NAV button does not stop guidance he has a bigger issue.

OT: Harry, your 32 is hot! You ever want to sell make sure to get a hold of me. The wife would die for a white one.