C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Why can't I sell my c55 amg???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M5
Originally Posted by c230Pilot
The percentage of people looking to buy a high performance c55 is very small. You need to lower your price to entice someone to spend a little more and get more performance, or be patient for the one person looking for the car.

I just sold my A3 6mt with very hard to find options, but it took a while for the right person to come along. But when they do, they want it and know they need to get it while they can

Good Luck
+1
Old 10-25-2007, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Damn... it's so sad seeing the market like this.... housing market / mortgage melt-down hurts even more.

But OP, I'd guess your disadvantage is also your mileage. It's quite high for an '05, let alone AMG. As a comparison, I sold mine w/ 20K miles for $39.5K 4 months ago...

Plus, like everyone has said.... not a lot of people know C55. Heck, when I was selling, people often asked stupid questions / made stupid comments.... here are a few:
1. Why are you asking a lot higher than C320?
2. I'm still considering brand new accord
3. I'm concerned w/ gas.... what's the mpg you got? 18-20? Damn... that's bad
4. Your front tires seem to have only 20% left... how much are the tires? How come you go through the tires in less than 20K miles?
5. Whoa..... this car is a lot faster than my Audi A4 1.8T....

Something like that.... I didn't know whether I should've laughed or cried.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:42 PM

M5
^ lol. My fav when I was going through my own joyous experience of selling my C32 recently:

"Thank you, it's a beautiful car; but I think this is too much car for me." In retrospect... I knew I shouldn't have demonstrated the S mode, traction off, manual shifting, launch technique on drive back home from their test drive. The 70 year old dad and herself didn't find it too thrilling that I came out of a corner a little sideways after I hit the gas.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
Originally Posted by zoink
Damn... it's so sad seeing the market like this.... housing market / mortgage melt-down hurts even more.

But OP, I'd guess your disadvantage is also your mileage. It's quite high for an '05, let alone AMG. As a comparison, I sold mine w/ 20K miles for $39.5K 4 months ago...

Plus, like everyone has said.... not a lot of people know C55. Heck, when I was selling, people often asked stupid questions / made stupid comments.... here are a few:
1. Why are you asking a lot higher than C320?
2. I'm still considering brand new accord
3. I'm concerned w/ gas.... what's the mpg you got? 18-20? Damn... that's bad
4. Your front tires seem to have only 20% left... how much are the tires? How come you go through the tires in less than 20K miles?
5. Whoa..... this car is a lot faster than my Audi A4 1.8T....

Something like that.... I didn't know whether I should've laughed or cried.
LOL.. funny!!

I had this guy come over looking for a car for his wife. He said he wanted me to drive.. I knew this guy wasn't going to buy the car, and I knew I didn't want to sell it to him so I showed him a little power around the block.. He was holding on tight... making this eeeeeeeeee noise.. LMAO.. OMG it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.. I'm sure he bought the accord he was also looking at..
Old 10-25-2007, 08:14 PM

Don't have a Mercedes right now...
Originally Posted by ultraman206
^ lol. My fav when I was going through my own joyous experience of selling my C32 recently:

"Thank you, it's a beautiful car; but I think this is too much car for me." In retrospect... I knew I shouldn't have demonstrated the S mode, traction off, manual shifting, launch technique on drive back home from their test drive. The 70 year old dad and herself didn't find it too thrilling that I came out of a corner a little sideways after I hit the gas.
hahaha You did that and expected a 70 year old guy to buy a car like that to his daughter? You probably scared the crap out of him and he probably got even more scared thinking that his daughter might try the same tricks and slam her self into a wall or something!

I wouldn't do that, most people would think that the car was very abused anyways.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:21 PM

M5
Originally Posted by kchristos
hahaha You did that and expected a 70 year old guy to buy a car like that to his daughter? You probably scared the crap out of him and he probably got even more scared thinking that his daughter might try the same tricks and slam her self into a wall or something!

I wouldn't do that, most people would think that the car was very abused anyways.
I know, I know.

But I should have been a little more clear... I accidentally went a little sideways. Curse you little patch of wet road!!!

The sad part was: I was for sure she was going to buy the car. It was her second time coming out to look at the car. First time was with a girlfriend second time was with her father... BTW, she = late 20s early 30s type of woman. She was deciding between my car and an 03 e320; I thought I would show her what an AMG means... woops.