C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

She is back on the Road!!!! New Pic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by FrankW

there are at least 3 setup for sway bars I can think of that's better than the AMG's on top of my head. Eibach, H&R, Brabus, etc.

stock suspension on the C32 sucks and you know it. at least get the springs to reduce those wack understeers.
Brabus sway bars the are the same as AMG sway bars. u will not increase in performance if u go from AMG to Brabus sway bars... i have has this talk with ppl on the form and with the Brabus deal a few times. i'm not sure about the Eibach ones but i think its the same story about H&R. Brabus and H&R are a grate up for the sway bars when u are got a non amg car. because they bring u up to the same standards as the amg sway bars.

But non the less i will most likely change my stock suspension on my car with the one from the C55. So if someone knows how or if u know of some one up grading there C55 suspension to a different system i would be happy to buy there stock C55 suspension off them.

a question for you :
just a thought why are u so interested in me dropping my car?
Old 02-27-2008, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by c32used

Now get the clear projector fogs I told you about on Ebay...I beleive they will work with your HID foglight kit.

lol ya i agree, the pic of the ones u showed me look amazing, i would like to get them but cant find them on e-bay, i was going to PM u and see if u can help me find them and maybe sent me a link.

i got the like u provided thx, i will make my order soon. thx.

Last edited by Harry Madan; 02-27-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:44 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by Harry Madan
Brabus sway bars the are the same as AMG sway bars. u will not increase in performance if u go from AMG to Brabus sway bars... i have has this talk with ppl on the form and with the Brabus deal a few times. i'm not sure about the Eibach ones but i think its the same story about H&R. Brabus and H&R are a grate up for the sway bars when u are got a non amg car. because they bring u up to the same standards as the amg sway bars.

But non the less i will most likely change my stock suspension on my car with the one from the C55. So if someone knows how or if u know of some one up grading there C55 suspension to a different system i would be happy to buy there stock C55 suspension off them.

a question for you :
just a thought why are u so interested in me dropping my car?
LOL

no idea where you get the false idea from. Anyone who knows anything about sway bars would tell you none of these setups are the same. The Brabus Front sway bar is the thickest sway bar available for the W203. It has a 26mm front bar and a 22mm rear bar. The AMGs are only 22mm front and 16mm rear. The Eibach I'm using are 24mm front bar and 22mm rear.

here's a list of the sway bar specs
C32: 22 mm front and 16 mm rear
H&R: 24 mm front and 19 mm rear
Evosport: 24 mm front and 19 mm rear
Eibach: 24 mm front and 22 mm rear
Brabus: 26 mm front and 22 mm rear

The only thing is that if you already has the AMG you can work on the other part of the suspension first to improve the handling characteristic of the car. i.e. shocks and springs or coilovers. However make no mistake to think that the sway bars don't make a difference on the C32. I'm not sure who'd you talked to that told you they don't make any difference.

I don't really care if you lower the car or not. we all joke around a lot on the forum, but everytime we joked about it you always come up with some ****ty excuse that you couldn't do this and couldn't do that because of this and that.

1. if you don't want the rear to rub just get thicker spring pads if you do a shocks and springs setup and you'll have slightly lower than stock height in the rear, but the front will look and make the car handles a lot better.

2. if you get the coilover it's a even easier setup which you can just adjust the coilover to the highest setting in the rear and lower the front slightly. best of both worlds

On the C55 suspension. It is a improvement over the C32, but it rides way harsher than the C32's suspension because of the new spring rate and dampening it was setup to do. A RENNtech spring change or Eibach spring change on the C32 will work as well if not better.

If you can get a set of the C55 suspension of course at a good deal, by all means do get. Usually I think they go for around $450-600 depends on mileage. someone was selling a set on classified not long ago.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:41 PM

LOL

no idea where you get the false idea from. Anyone who knows anything about sway bars would tell you none of these setups are the same. The Brabus Front sway bar is the thickest sway bar available for the W203. It has a 26mm front bar and a 22mm rear bar. The AMGs are only 22mm front and 16mm rear. The Eibach I'm using are 24mm front bar and 22mm rear.

The only thing is that if you already has the AMG you can work on the other part of the suspension first to improve the handling characteristic of the car. i.e. shocks and springs or coilovers. However make no mistake to think that the sway bars don't make a difference on the C32. I'm not sure who'd you talked to that told you they don't make any difference.

I don't really care if you lower the car or not. we all joke around a lot on the forum, but everytime we joked about it you always come up with some ****ty excuse that you couldn't do this and couldn't do that because of this and that.

1. if you don't want the rear to rub just get thicker spring pads if you do a shocks and springs setup and you'll have slightly lower than stock height in the rear, but the front will look and make the car handles a lot better.

2. if you get the coilover it's a even easier setup which you can just adjust the coilover to the highest setting in the rear and lower the front slightly. best of both worlds

On the C55 suspension. It is a improvement over the C32, but it rides way harsher than the C32's suspension because of the new spring rate and dampening it was setup to do. A RENNtech spring change or Eibach spring change on the C32 will work as well if not better.

If you can get a set of the C55 suspension of course at a good deal, by all means do get. Usually I think they go for around $450-600 depends on mileage. someone was selling a set on classified not long ago.
well my man, see the problem with me is that i check 6 times and i buy once, so i'm really slow at modding my car, i don't have a lot of funds to do the trial and error thing. so i tend to check and re-check many times before i end up buying or modding my car.
some time ago i was ready to buy the brabus sway bars and then i talk to a representative at brabus dealer in the US and he told me that i would be wasting my money upgrading to the Brabus sway bars because they are the same as the AMG ones. so that through me in a loop and i did not buy them.

with the effects of me lowering my car and putting on coil-overs, like you and other know i have visited this topic many many time in the past on this form and other forms, there are so many mix reviews about all of this stuff, that makes me unsure of buying so i just sit back and wait, to + to all of that my rear wheel rubs right now so that gets me further away from lowering or changing the suspension. and the other issue i have is that my car is under warranty and i dont want to give my dealer any reason to void that warranty.

non the less like i said before i would consider moving towards the C55 AMG suspension, but don't know much about it. if u say moving towards the RENNtech spring or Eibach spring will improver handling. i will consider doing that upgrade.

is it easy to change the springs of the car? or is hard work? if i was going straight towards performance what springs would you recommend? C55, Renntech or Eibach.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
What I did was Eibach springs first, then Bilstein B8 and sways. I am pleased with this.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:02 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
if you can find a set of RENNtech that would be the best. If not Eibach is similar, but if someone's selling you a set of C55 suspension for cheap than of course go for that since it's a shock and spring combo as long as they're not really used or overpriced.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
The car looks great, esp. in white.

Great job. Digging the lip.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:11 PM

if you can find a set of RENNtech that would be the best. If not Eibach is similar, but if someone's selling you a set of C55 suspension for cheap than of course go for that since it's a shock and spring combo as long as they're not really used or overpriced.
wait,
should i go for springs and shocks or just springs? i would not mind paying the extra bucks to get the Renntech springs if they are indeed better the the C55 and eibach? (because its not like this is going to be changed often)
if i change just the springs do i need to get the car wight jacked? i know if i do the shocks and springs i will need to get the car wight jacked (or so i have been told)
for the time being is it better to just go with the renntech springs..?
Old 02-29-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by ChicagoX
The car looks great, esp. in white.

Great job. Digging the lip.
thx!!1

digging the lip??? dont get that one ?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:15 PM

2005 Renntech C class
digging = liking

Ii'm a little reserved on the amg on the lip but the car is super clean
Old 02-29-2008, 10:32 PM

C32 AMG
LOL

Do these "upgraded" sways affect ride quality (like going over bumps)?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"One Man. One Engine."
Originally Posted by dkflipse
Do these "upgraded" sways affect ride quality (like going over bumps)?
I had Eibach sway upgrade on my previous ride & the ride quality did deteriorate a bit b/c the sways are trying the keep the wheels planted on the ground, so you will feel more bumps.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Harry I posted pics of the projector fogs on my car on the One stop search thread on second page near bottom.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:31 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by power-fade
I had Eibach sway upgrade on my previous ride & the ride quality did deteriorate a bit b/c the sways are trying the keep the wheels planted on the ground, so you will feel more bumps.
if you have the adjustable dampers...it really doesn't affect that much other than when you are taking the corners.