C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

I'm really TRYING to get good gas mileage on this tank.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by loudandheard
Would we get better gas mileage if our supercharger did not engage? If that's the case, what if there was a way of turning off the supercharger so that we could improve gas mileage.

I don't know if I could drive the car with out a supercharger, it would feel dead to me.
Yes, you would get marginally better mileage without the S/C engaging. I was able to disable the S/C with some instruction form AMG Jerry. You can just unplug the S/C at the clutch. (if you remove the engine cover and look at your clutch, you will see the electrical plug right away)

You will be driving a car that will be passed at the on-ramps by a good running Craftsman Lawn tractor, but heck, you may get better mileage.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
Originally Posted by ohlord
the article.Like I said if you choose to **** away 69 gallons of fuel,we know where you are coming from.
If you were running race tires at 38psi and you had a problem with understeer,a drop of 2-4psi would be sufficient to correct the problem,a drop in your case of nearly 40% should have been cause to drop the crew chief.That sums that up
ohlord
while you are at it read the other article they link to when you take the time to read the entire test
http://www.edmunds.com/advice/fuelec...8/article.html
1+

i dont understand why people are so against this. Air is free at most gas stations and doesn't take you a long time to do. It wouldn't hurt to keep your tires properly inflated since it helps with mpg and keeps tread life longer.

I know its works because when i had my civic, i was getting 28mpg since my tires were underinflated at 32psi. I increased my psi to 40 and i got consistent 32mpg.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
If you really want to get over 24 MPH and do not mind 150HP C32, than simply unplug the supercharger clutch.

Found out hard way when my IC core started to leak and I had to wait for new one to come in. I did not want to push boost into leaking core for a fear of hydrolocking a cylinder.

Mileage was consitently between 23-25 MPG, in one case 26.1 during constant traffic.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99C43 05C55 06slk55
hello i hope everyone had a nice weekend, had to go on a little road trip about 300 miles, i was getting about 26.2 mpg with a avg speed of 60 mph