MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203-48/)
-   -   Holy Crap Just Got My LET Tune... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/251696-holy-crap-just-got-my-let-tune.html)

CKovach 07-09-2008 01:47 AM

Holy Crap Just Got My LET Tune...

Please pardon my newbie post, but...

OK, I lurk here a lot because there's a ton of great info on the C32 forum for SLK32s. So recently, after reading all the positive feedback from members on the LET Motorsports custom ECU tune, I decided to take the plunge, particularly since LET offerred a group buy on the tune. Well I talked to Jerry at LET, sent my ECU, got it back super quick, slapped it in and HOLY CRAP, BATMAN...my '32 is a different car. I am running a Code 3 SC pulley and intake mod, which gave my car a significant boost, but the LET tune feels like it has more than doubled the gain I saw from those mods. If you are at all on the fence about this mod, just do it. You will NOT be disappointed. Kudos to Jerry and the guys at LET! :y

c3232c 07-09-2008 06:15 PM

Good choice on the tune:y

Gramma_Benz 07-09-2008 08:15 PM

Anyone have any idea of the Vmax is deleted on these tunes or if this can be done with these tunes at all?

And will a throttle reset affect these tunes in any way?

TIA!

loungn14 07-09-2008 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz (Post 2928841)
Anyone have any idea of the Vmax is deleted on these tunes or if this can be done with these tunes at all?

TIA!

dont know about Vmax but throttle reset doesnt effect it.

:y

c3232c 07-09-2008 09:00 PM

Are you talking about the 155 limit on the ECU?

Gramma_Benz 07-09-2008 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by c3232c (Post 2928917)
Are you talking about the 155 limit on the ECU?

Yes.

Thanks!

CKovach 07-09-2008 09:39 PM

The 155 limit is removed (haven't tried it yet, though!) and according to Jerry at LET, unplugging the ECU automatically resets the ECU itself...can't see any reason why a throttle reset would be affected by the tune in any way.

c3232c 07-09-2008 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz (Post 2928971)
Yes.

Thanks!

I am 99.9 percent positive its raised. Jerry told me he cannot remove it but can raise it up to 300mph. I asked him if it was included in the tune and he said yes.

c32used 07-10-2008 12:32 AM

TIA!

By Vmax you mean speed limiter right? To my understanding the speed limiter is off with my LET tune so I presume all LET tunes:nix:

c32used 07-10-2008 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by CKovach (Post 2927545)

OK, I lurk here a lot because there's a ton of great info on the C32 forum for SLK32s. So recently, after reading all the positive feedback from members on the LET Motorsports custom ECU tune, I decided to take the plunge, particularly since LET offerred a group buy on the tune. Well I talked to Jerry at LET, sent my ECU, got it back super quick, slapped it in and HOLY CRAP, BATMAN...my '32 is a different car. I am running a Code 3 SC pulley and intake mod, which gave my car a significant boost, but the LET tune feels like it has more than doubled the gain I saw from those mods. If you are at all on the fence about this mod, just do it. You will NOT be disappointed. Kudos to Jerry and the guys at LET! :y

Congrats now take her to the track and let her go...:naughty:

bobby02c32AMG 07-10-2008 03:22 AM

JUST GOT MY JERRY-TUNE YESTERDAY!!

Just got my jerry-tune done yesterday and I love it. It really does feel like a different car now! Jerry was very helpful and very professional about everything, plus I got to drive his car and :zoom: all I can say is :eek:...:bow: about his car!! Wicked fast, Thanks Jerry for everything and all your help, hopefully you can help me with some more mods for my car?:naughty: I def recommend this tune for everybody that has a C32, its def worth it (specially right now with the group buy)! I am much more impressed with the tune then I ever thought I would be and from what i hear it will only get better once the car adapts!...Once again thanks to LET and Jerry for an awesome tune!!:y
see ya :zoom:

Oh yea, I also have the Code3 pulley and intake mod with green filters. Anyone have any ideas for what needs to be done next to the car?

mdncn2762 07-10-2008 05:52 AM

If you havent already, I would upgrade the Heat Exchanger (H/E) and pump to keep averything cooler.

sales@eurocharged.com 07-10-2008 09:04 AM

TIA!

Yes, the speed limiter can't be removed, but we do raise it to over 200mph.

No, the throttle reset will not negatively affect the tune. I still haven't seen proof via StarDAS that the throttle reset actually works.

sales@eurocharged.com 07-10-2008 09:11 AM

Guys - Thanks for all the props. Everyone at LET reads these posts and enjoys your feedback!!

Wait until you feel the tuning combined with LET long tube headers!!

Newzchspy 07-10-2008 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by CKovach (Post 2927545)

Geez, where have we heard this before???
:zoom:

+1

Newzchspy 07-10-2008 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry (Post 2929587)
Guys - Thanks for all the props. Everyone at LET reads these posts and enjoys your feedback!!

Still waiting for Jerry to tune my 01 ML 55 AMG??? :topic:

c3232c 07-10-2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by AMG-Jerry (Post 2929587)

Long tube headers! Right when I think I am done modding you threaten us with more power! :y

Newzchspy 07-10-2008 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by c3232c (Post 2929727)
Long tube headers! Right when I think I am done modding you threaten us with more power! :y

What kind of "noise" and HP difference? I really do NOt want louder since the car is such a sleeper as it is. I prefer "stealth" mode.

What kind of dynoed HP gains have we seen with these headers???

sales@eurocharged.com 07-10-2008 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Newzchspy (Post 2929623)
Still waiting for Jerry to tune my 01 ML 55 AMG??? :topic:

I'm ready when you are!!

sales@eurocharged.com 07-10-2008 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Newzchspy (Post 2929877)
What kind of "noise" and HP difference? I really do NOt want louder since the car is such a sleeper as it is. I prefer "stealth" mode.

What kind of dynoed HP gains have we seen with these headers???

I will have much more info soon!

Gramma_Benz 07-10-2008 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by bobby02c32AMG (Post 2929417)
Oh yea, I also have the Code3 pulley and intake mod with green filters. Anyone have any ideas for what needs to be done next to the car?

I like you also have Code3's SC pulley/Intake combo and would recommend LET's HE and larger IC pump per the following thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showth...94#post2912594
post#10

"Please note that when only an OE heat exchanger circuit is in place, once you’re rocking n’ rolling past 2nd gear, any additional boost above stock is actually detrimental to producing horsepower. Soaring IAT’s signal the DME to put the kibosh on spark timing and air/fuel ratios in order to save the motor from destructive detonation. Rightly so, as ~17 PSI, 9:1 CR and 93 octane necessitates a careful balancing act to avoid costly meltdown.
Upgrading the heat exchanger to properly control IAT is imperative when cranking up the boost. Code3’s “pulley only” dyno numbers were recorded with an aftermarket heat exchanger fitted, as Brandon disclosed. If you haven’t already done so, budget for that essential piece of relatively inexpensive hardware so that your other modifications can be properly and fully exploited."

I'm just waiting for my HE and as soon as I get it I can post my feedback as well!

Newzchspy 07-10-2008 01:14 PM

Need for HE and Johnson Pump

as well![/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"][I]"Please note that when only an OE heat exchanger circuit is in place, once you’re rocking n’ rolling past 2nd gear, any additional boost above stock is actually detrimental to producing horsepower. Soaring IAT’s signal the DME to put the kibosh on spark timing and air/fuel ratios in order to save the motor from destructive detonation. Rightly so, as ~17 PSI, 9:1 CR and 93 octane necessitates a careful balancing act to avoid costly meltdown.
Upgrading the heat exchanger to properly control IAT is imperative when cranking up the boost.

I agree with all of this except that UNLESS you're regularly tracking the car (drags, SCCA whatever??), in regular daily driving where you nail it occasionally, the necessity for the Johnson and HE is questionable. I plan on doing it of course, as well as phenolics, BUT if you run a stock cooling system and are NOt tracking, there's no reason why IATs should get so high that it'll drastically affect performance. Maybe marginally. It sounds like a product of the "supercharging" since my ML 55 DOES not seem to be affected (normally aspirated) when its 95 degrees or 65 degrees. Only when we reach about 50 degrees F do I really see a performance boost.

Glenn

CKovach 07-10-2008 04:10 PM

I'm not tracking my car, but I ordered a LET heat exchanger and Johnson pump anyway. I am sure the car makes more heat with the extra power, and my car ran pretty hot in Florida already. Whether it makes a performance difference or not, I believe it will certainly help engine longevity. And it seems that pump failure is pretty common regardless, so I'd rather replace before failure. My factory crank pulley just proved to be a failure statistic in keeping with the various "known flaws," and it has only 25,000 miles on it...

bobby02c32AMG 07-10-2008 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz (Post 2929976)
I like you also have Code3's SC pulley/Intake combo and would recommend LET's HE and larger IC pump per the following thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showth...94#post2912594
post#10

"Please note that when only an OE heat exchanger circuit is in place, once you’re rocking n’ rolling past 2nd gear, any additional boost above stock is actually detrimental to producing horsepower. Soaring IAT’s signal the DME to put the kibosh on spark timing and air/fuel ratios in order to save the motor from destructive detonation. Rightly so, as ~17 PSI, 9:1 CR and 93 octane necessitates a careful balancing act to avoid costly meltdown.
Upgrading the heat exchanger to properly control IAT is imperative when cranking up the boost. Code3’s “pulley only” dyno numbers were recorded with an aftermarket heat exchanger fitted, as Brandon disclosed. If you haven’t already done so, budget for that essential piece of relatively inexpensive hardware so that your other modifications can be properly and fully exploited."

I'm just waiting for my HE and as soon as I get it I can post my feedback as well!

I ordered my HE from LET and am waiting for it like you.
What other best bang for buck mods would be worth getting next? Anyone?

RedBull 07-11-2008 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by bobby02c32AMG (Post 2929417)
I def recommend this tune for everybody that has a C32, its def worth it (specially right now with the group buy)!

Where is the group buy?