C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Turn Signal Corrosion TSB's and Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32 AMG; 06 Subaru Legacy Wagon
Turn Signal Corrosion TSB's and Warranty

I have dealt with the occasional corrosion of the turn signal sockets, but now I think it is within the headlight.

Does anyone know if there is a TSB for the turn signal corrosion issues and are they covered by warranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by 5150_C32
I have dealt with the occasional corrosion of the turn signal sockets, but now I think it is within the headlight.

Does anyone know if there is a TSB for the turn signal corrosion issues and are they covered by warranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I do not know of one, but I have the same issues. This past time, I could not get the light to work. Finally, I just swapped left-to-right signals to see if I could isolate the problem as being in the bulb assembly versus the socket, and to my amazement, simply switching sides fixed it. Both sides now work.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:11 AM

tried that to no avail....
Old 07-11-2008, 12:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' E350, 71' DATSUN 510
Yes there is/was a TSB out for the sockets corroding/burning. I'm not sure if it is still active but I do know that the parts are still avaiable.

Instead of running the turn signals off of the internal circuit board in the headlight assemblies the headlight assembly is bypassed. The main harness that connects to the headlight assembly is "tapped" into at the power wire for the turn signal bulb. This wire runs to the new modified socket and the modified socket has it's own ground wire that is run to a chassis ground.

Very easy modification to perform, provided that you have the proper tool to remove the power wire for the turn signal from the headlight harness connector. Parts are sold in a kit at the dealer. Just ask for the turn signal modification kit for a 203.

Note- this modification also applies to 215's and 230's
Old 07-11-2008, 10:26 AM

Oldschoolrice,

Thanks for the knowledge and you are correct with the fix.

I received another reply off the tech forum that gave the fix and the part number. I have pasted it below for anyone who is experiencing the same problem. Thanks again guys!

From Ausmbtech:
<There is a modified front indicator socket available for the W203 which recieves it's power dirrect from the wiring harness and earth from near the strut tower.

I was warrantable during the initial warranty but you'll have to buy it now, MB probably won't provide assistance. The parts are cheap and the installation is easy, you don't need to replace the headlamp.

Part number A203 826 0182, one required per side.>
Old 07-11-2008, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by OLDSCHOOLRICE
Yes there is/was a TSB out for the sockets corroding/burning. I'm not sure if it is still active but I do know that the parts are still avaiable.

Instead of running the turn signals off of the internal circuit board in the headlight assemblies the headlight assembly is bypassed. The main harness that connects to the headlight assembly is "tapped" into at the power wire for the turn signal bulb. This wire runs to the new modified socket and the modified socket has it's own ground wire that is run to a chassis ground.

Very easy modification to perform, provided that you have the proper tool to remove the power wire for the turn signal from the headlight harness connector. Parts are sold in a kit at the dealer. Just ask for the turn signal modification kit for a 203.

Note- this modification also applies to 215's and 230's
I had a similar issue before and the people who worked on it just cleaned out the negative ground and it was fixed but thanks