2 cd's stuck in command.. HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML63
2 cd's stuck in command.. HELP

I tried searching but couldn't find anything.. My wife borrowed my car and didn't know I had a cd in my command, so she proceeded to insert another one.

Any ideas how to get them out now? I press eject and you can hear it trying, but nothing happens. I can see both cd's in there but couldn't get them out with tweezers. Am I going to have to take my command out to remove them?

I am really bummed because I just bought that damn cd too.. Hopefully it won't have any negative long term effects..

Any help on this one?
Old 02-16-2007, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG - in Pewter
Can you try to reach with some sort of mini tweezers, it seems the slot is very tiny? After pushing eject, I would suggest a pull at the same time.

The other way to fix this is to pull out the unit and disassemble to the point that you can push the CDs out. That requires some extra skill as you can guess...
Old 02-16-2007, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
Originally Posted by gkstar
Can you try to reach with some sort of mini tweezers, it seems the slot is very tiny? After pushing eject, I would suggest a pull at the same time.

The other way to fix this is to pull out the unit and disassemble to the point that you can push the CDs out. That requires some extra skill as you can guess...
Yeah, I tried tweezers.. They keep getting pushed closed because the slot is so small so I can't get a good grip.. UG
Old 02-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Try taking another CD and as you push "eject", push new CD in, but do not insert it. Use it to push inserted CDs down toward the opening. It will take several tries, but usually works when one CD is stuck.

Good Luck!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:03 PM

C63, SLK55
Originally Posted by Vadim @ MBLN
Try taking another CD and as you push "eject", push new CD in, but do not insert it. Use it to push inserted CDs down toward the opening. It will take several tries, but usually works when one CD is stuck.

Good Luck!

This method worked for me once.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Should I re-open the debate over whether NAV is a worthwhile option.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63
OK.. got the cd's out. Had to take out the command and remove the the face. Then I was able to pull both out together. They were really tight in there. Everything still works and the cd's didn't get scratched.

What bugs me is why the hell did it take the other cd in the drive? You would think it wouldn't allow another to be inserted. This is the first cd player I have ever used that would allow another cd to be inserted..(that I know of.. since this has never happened before)
Old 02-17-2007, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Good to hear that everything is ok now. Yes, I feel weird too that the unit will still accept another CD when it has one inside the unit. This is something that MB will improve IMHO.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:20 AM
Almost a Member!

is a ///AMG badged CL500.
Originally Posted by Vadim @ VRP

Good Luck!

i have tried this method and no luck. anyone have a better suggestion? i saw two white plastic tabs when i tried pushing the cd in. i've also tried using my credit card. it seems like the two tabs are blocking the cd from ejecting. i may be wrong.