Why! *!x@$

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS55 Designo 030
I'm sorry to see this too hooleyboy.

I deleted my original post but you should find a way to repaint the whole car...
Old 08-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by ///AMG4EVER
I'm sorry to see this too hooleyboy.

I deleted my original post but you should find a way to repaint the whole car...
I know. Its sucks even with blending tricks good painters do. Its never going to be the same. 48000mile side and new painted side.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
DAMN...sorry to see that damage. That would make me boil! Bro, where were you parked? I hope you get it fixed soon.

Jon
Old 08-26-2009, 11:00 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 Mercedes S63 P30, 2015 Mercedes GL550, 2009 BMW 650i Convertible
Sorry to hear that, man! It just baffles my mind when people do stuff like that. Some people have no morals or respect for other people's possessions.

Bill
Old 08-26-2009, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Vincent Vega stated it the best, "You just don't mess with another man's automobile"

If I ever caught someone doing that, it would end with the guys mouth on a curb american history x style.

Sorry to hear Hooley.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C55
Any cameras in the area it happened? You'd be suprised what those things can pick up and if you call the police the owners of the cameras need to give up the tapes....worth a shot.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
My whole passenger side of my car got keyed! Rear quarter to front fender. I hate knowing there is someone out there that I should punch in the face, but I don't know who.

Mike, I know the feeling and feel for ya man!! 11 Years ago, I got a brand new ML 430 (black, first one in Illinois that I bought in Wisconsin/ special order car with all options at that time yada yada)). Anyway, had the car one week and took wifey out to dinner and come out, whole car, sides and hood were keyed and keyed good too. If it goes through the clear, you're finished. Its covered under comp (vandalism/malicious mischief) . New paint job cost insurer over $5000. I was livid and the wife (it was her truck) just cried. That's why a year later I got the ML 55 since she couldn't look at the car anymore.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by Dingleberry
it will buff right out!

...right? :/
Not if its through the clear it wont??? Even if its buffed or wet sanded/clay barred , each side of the car will look different. Sucks, just sucks. That's why you need to get a DD like my 1990 Honda Accord with 200 K miles on it, no one even would dare steal it or vandalize it since its worse than what they got.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
I know. Its sucks even with blending tricks good painters do. Its never going to be the same. 48000mile side and new painted side.
Sorry to hear about Hooley:

It just sucks and rips your heart out. Happened to me about 10 years ago at a local grocery store. Long story short, the cop that came out wrote me out a report that even my insurance company couldn't deny. Give the police a call, they can be good guys in a pinch

Good luck with whatever you end up doing my friend

PS: I went back there for a week, everyday at the same time hopeing to find someone. Looking back, I am glad I nver did, as I would propably ended up in jail on a manslaughter charge. Moral, don't let it get you into more headaches my friend. It REALLY isn't worth it.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:56 PM

2004 c230k
Someone did the same thing to my car about two years ago when I lived in Elmhurst, Queens. One continuous !@#$% from the front side passenger door to the rear tail lamp. Could not buff it out because it was down to the white.

I have been living with that scratch ever since ... easier to swallow when I do not have an AMG, but still ...

Last edited by jimsterli; 08-26-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by MRAMG1
Sorry to hear about Hooley:

It just sucks and rips your heart out. Happened to me about 10 years ago at a local grocery store. Long story short, the cop that came out wrote me out a report that even my insurance company couldn't deny. Give the police a call, they can be good guys in a pinch

Good luck with whatever you end up doing my friend

PS: I went back there for a week, everyday at the same time hopeing to find someone. Looking back, I am glad I nver did, as I would propably ended up in jail on a manslaughter charge. Moral, don't let it get you into more headaches my friend. It REALLY isn't worth it.
That's not manslaughter my friend, that's 1st degree premeditated and as much as I felt the same way, its just not worth it I think most of us have been there and it just sucks, plain old sucks!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Well eventually when you find out you know what to do
Old 08-26-2009, 04:19 PM

C32 AMG
sorry to hear of your troubles dude, so many haters, so many w*nkers out there, keep your chin up and what goes around comes around.

the sickening thing is they are laughing at your misfortune caused by them because they are to spineless to face you
Old 08-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
just got back from the body shop. $1500. i'm also getting this car just about murdered out
Old 08-26-2009, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
hooley. have you considered doing a flat black vinyl overlay? i think Scott or someone on here was doing it and posted pics a while back. looked sick IMO. and then you wouldnt have to repaint? at least not now
Old 08-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by jturkel
hooley. have you considered doing a flat black vinyl overlay? i think Scott or someone on here was doing it and posted pics a while back. looked sick IMO. and then you wouldnt have to repaint? at least not now
I getting my headlight painted with brake light visible AMG logos.

As always the modding continues even when I'm fixing things
Old 08-26-2009, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by jturkel
It was our good friend "visiting" the motherland... mdncn6859485243. Car came back looking great, too...
Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 PM

05 C55
Keyed

I park my car in a secured garage everyday filled with all attorneys and bankers. However, cars get keyed. Funny thing when security checks the tapes, 100% of the time it is due to women wearing purses and who don't realize that their purchases are keying the adjacent car. 4 cars got keyed, and all were due to women's purses as they were getting into their car. It is not always done on purpose. Also, briefcases, umbrellas etc.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

W211 E55
GREAT GOOGLY - MOOGLY !!!!!

Is there no shame? No honor among men? No fawking trace of humanity left?

My buddy recently caught someone slitting his truck tire at a boat launch as they were returning from a full day offshore, and in his haste to get to the rightly-earned-a$$-whuppin', he slipped and FELL IN THE WATER.

The bad guy got away.

Originally Posted by Milton Chadwate
I park my car in a secured garage everyday filled with all attorneys and bankers. However, cars get keyed. Funny thing when security checks the tapes, 100% of the time it is due to women wearing purses and who don't realize that their purchases are keying the adjacent car. 4 cars got keyed, and all were due to women's purses as they were getting into their car. It is not always done on purpose. Also, briefcases, umbrellas etc.
Good post.

I think this one is deliberate, however, since it appears to be across multiple panels and from multiple passes with a key (or other)
Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 PM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG
sorry to hear what happened to you i thought mine was bad i was in nevada last week parked somewhere and walked out my front emblem on the grill was gonne now it just looks like ****.
Attached Thumbnails Why! *!x@$-imag0418.jpg  
Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
Just makes me think, what if you owned a Black Series? I guess if I had that much money, I'd probably hire a body guard for the car. No dings, dents, touches, scratches, keys, or mean looks!

That really sucks. I fear that as well. My dad back in the late 80's had an E-class (or class-E if you want) that had a cinder block thrown through the rear window. Not just a brick that you hold in one hand, a two handed cinder block. In our driveway overnight, at our townhouse. I was only a little boy, and now only realize the rage he could've had. That was his first MB too, coming up in the world from south america, living the American dream.

I hope something like this doesn't happen to mine - one of the things I hate about driving the C55 to public places. One of the reasons why I rock the flat hood badge too (on one of our vacations, that was broken off of the S-class, the car he got a few years later after the E). I think the baby C-class that replaced the S-class was also keyed along the whole side of the car. We are good people too, we don't mess with people or take their parking spots, etc. It's just ignorant people in this world - and there's no way around it.

Bought a Honda Accord after that.

At the same time, I pay my car mortgage () weekly, so I make my AMG my daily driver (if I pay for it, I'm using it). I figure, a car is meant to be used, and **** is going to happen. Rock chips, bent wheels, haters messing with your car. If you want a prize car, keep it at your house and don't drive it. You may have a few downs with crap like this, but the joy you get out of driving it should make up for it tenfold.

I'm really sorry to hear this man, but as I always think - it's these bad things in life that make life interesting.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Question: Is the side chrome trim on the doors glued or taped on? Or is it clipped on.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

AMG
Hopefully its not someone from the boards that recognized your car.... that would be even more messed up. However, seeing as is your car is pretty famous on the boards now... it may very well be a possibility.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W210 E55 & W204 C63
Sorry this happened man. I had my car vandalised when I lived in a college apt. complex. You should know though that who ever did it doesn't have the courage to say what ever it is to your face and lives the life of a little ***** doing things behind people's backs. I doubt they have a pleasant life. You will forget about this in a week

[QUOTE=Mr. Special;3685093]*cough*m3 driver

I was gona say that!

Originally Posted by madC55
Any cameras in the area it happened? You'd be suprised what those things can pick up and if you call the police the owners of the cameras need to give up the tapes....worth a shot.
Yeah, check out if any businesses have cameras that might of caught it.

Question: Is the side chrome trim on the doors glued or taped on? Or is it clipped on.
It's clipped on, you can pop it off right now. About 6-8 little clippers that go on the trim rail and connect it to the holes inside the door.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by AMS Performance
Hopefully its not someone from the boards that recognized your car.... that would be even more messed up. However, seeing as is your car is pretty famous on the boards now... it may very well be a possibility.

In that case I blaming turkel. He knows my haunts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.