MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203-48/)
-   -   My experience with Eurocharged and Jerry... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/382572-my-experience-eurocharged-jerry.html)

C_DirtyTwo 01-09-2011 06:59 PM

My experience with Eurocharged and Jerry...

Before buying a C32 I had everything planned out for exactly what I wanted to do it. While researching for hours and hours and hours on end, I came across a company that seemed to have good customer service and even better reviews of their products from fellow members, Eurocharged.

When modding my car I felt it was best to go with all the accessories necessary to make it run as efficient and safely as possible with the 185mm pulley and tune. First getting the Heat Exchanger from Eurocharged, I noticed a small increase over stock being able to maintain lower temperatures in combination with the Needswings Intercooler Isolation kit. Next was an intake, throughout all the reading of old threads and debates I decided to go with the SL55 intake. Definite power increase over stock on the butt dyno.

Recently I ordered the 185mm pulley and tune combo from Eurocharged along with the Pulley Saver Kit from Needswings....

I sent my ECU out to Jerry to get it tuned, two days later I get it back. More excited than ever I go to put my ECU back in to drive a little ways to install my pulley and PSK, but the car wont start.....I unplugged the ECU and plugged it back in and tried it again, with nothing working but the aux fan going on full speed. I immediately call Jerry and explain to him the problem, after a couple hours of troubleshooting we came to the conclusion that the ECU must have come in contact with some sort of magnet or something in the shipping process that cleared the ECU program. So, I overnight it back to Jerry.

I get my ECU back on the 3rd of January and once again more excited than ever, I go to install it and same thing! Nothing, the car will not start and nothing but the aux fan goes on. I spent probably a total of about 6-8hours throughout this process with Jerry on the phone. Frustrated, and unsure of what the problem could be, explaining how he checked and double checked, and triple checked the ECU before he sent it out, wrapped it in two static bags and sent it back out to me, it couldn't be the ECU...

Jerry then overnighted me a chord and spent a couple hours with me setting up my computer so he could tune my car online to be sure everything was working. At this point luck was definitely not on my side, the computer would not detect the USB chord and we had no luck after hours of help and three different computers, no luck.

It had been about 8 days now for me without a car, frustrated as ever it was easy to blame anyone and everyone for why my car wasn't running. Jerry was there for all of my troubles answering my phone calls late at night, overnighting the cable and ECU back to me a couple times. Our last option was to have a fellow customer of his (Steve) drive up about an hour from San Diego to tune my car online with a tuning laptop, Jerry even covered the cost to get him up there! With the help of Steve, we noticed that one of the connectors on the ECU was not getting clicked all the way down. While I pushed in all of the plugs in to the ECU, Steve cranked the car and VUALA! It started.

You may be thinking, why the HELL didn't you check the connectors and wires before? Answer, I did many times, and it all appeared to be in correctly and snap in perfectly without and force. One connector just wasn't locking in completely which caused the car to have no response. I felt like the biggest idiot for wasting so much of Jerry's time and money, but he reassured me not even he thought it would be a connector issue because of how meticulously and correct I was plugging them in.

Long story short, Eurocharged and Jerry especially have me as a customer for life. Their customer service displayed by Jerry shows how genuine and passionate they are about their services. Jerry went above and beyond anything I would have expected from a company, hours of phone calls, online support, even people to come to my house to help me out! I cannot express my gratitude to them enough, they are an AMAZING company and would recommend them to anyone.

Two hours after getting the car started I had my 185mm pulley and PSK installed, needless to say this car is BEAST now!! Spun the tires from a 50roll on the freeway last night :naughty:

Thanks again Eurocharged and Jerry and Jake for all the outstanding customer service and help in unleashing this beast under the hood!!:y

Newzchspy 01-09-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo (Post 4451713)
Before buying a C32 I had everything planned out for exactly what I wanted to do it. While researching for hours and hours and hours on end, I came across a company that seemed to have good customer service and even better reviews of their products from fellow members, Eurocharged.

When modding my car I felt it was best to go with all the accessories necessary to make it run as efficient and safely as possible with the 185mm pulley and tune. First getting the Heat Exchanger from Eurocharged, I noticed a small increase over stock being able to maintain lower temperatures in combination with the Needswings Intercooler Isolation kit. Next was an intake, throughout all the reading of old threads and debates I decided to go with the SL55 intake. Definite power increase over stock on the butt dyno.

Recently I ordered the 185mm pulley and tune combo from Eurocharged along with the Pulley Saver Kit from Needswings....

I sent my ECU out to Jerry to get it tuned, two days later I get it back. More excited than ever I go to put my ECU back in to drive a little ways to install my pulley and PSK, but the car wont start.....I unplugged the ECU and plugged it back in and tried it again, with nothing working but the aux fan going on full speed. I immediately call Jerry and explain to him the problem, after a couple hours of troubleshooting we came to the conclusion that the ECU must have come in contact with some sort of magnet or something in the shipping process that cleared the ECU program. So, I overnight it back to Jerry.

I get my ECU back on the 3rd of January and once again more excited than ever, I go to install it and same thing! Nothing, the car will not start and nothing but the aux fan goes on. I spent probably a total of about 6-8hours throughout this process with Jerry on the phone. Frustrated, and unsure of what the problem could be, explaining how he checked and double checked, and triple checked the ECU before he sent it out, wrapped it in two static bags and sent it back out to me, it couldn't be the ECU...

Jerry then overnighted me a chord and spent a couple hours with me setting up my computer so he could tune my car online to be sure everything was working. At this point luck was definitely not on my side, the computer would not detect the USB chord and we had no luck after hours of help and three different computers, no luck.

It had been about 8 days now for me without a car, frustrated as ever it was easy to blame anyone and everyone for why my car wasn't running. Jerry was there for all of my troubles answering my phone calls late at night, overnighting the cable and ECU back to me a couple times. Our last option was to have a fellow customer of his (Steve) drive up about an hour from San Diego to tune my car online with a tuning laptop, Jerry even covered the cost to get him up there! With the help of Steve, we noticed that one of the connectors on the ECU was not getting clicked all the way down. While I pushed in all of the plugs in to the ECU, Steve cranked the car and VUALA! It started.

You may be thinking, why the HELL didn't you check the connectors and wires before? Answer, I did many times, and it all appeared to be in correctly and snap in perfectly without and force. One connector just wasn't locking in completely which caused the car to have no response. I felt like the biggest idiot for wasting so much of Jerry's time and money, but he reassured me not even he thought it would be a connector issue because of how meticulously and correct I was plugging them in.

Long story short, Eurocharged and Jerry especially have me as a customer for life. Their customer service displayed by Jerry shows how genuine and passionate they are about their services. Jerry went above and beyond anything I would have expected from a company, hours of phone calls, online support, even people to come to my house to help me out! I cannot express my gratitude to them enough, they are an AMAZING company and would recommend them to anyone.

Two hours after getting the car started I had my 185mm pulley and PSK installed, needless to say this car is BEAST now!! Spun the tires from a 50roll on the freeway last night :naughty:

Thanks again Eurocharged and Jerry and Jake for all the outstanding customer service and help in unleashing this beast under the hood!!:y

*** +1 with BOTH Jerry and Jake, NOW that's what I'm talking about.......... ****

320 dreamer 01-09-2011 08:04 PM

and here i thought i was jerry's biggest fan!! he is truly passionate about the work he does

kenpho10 01-09-2011 08:44 PM

+1
i myself just meet Jerry for the first time over the weekend at the bay area tuned and he's a cool guy. i was emailing all week back and fore about wanting to get a little more power from my car but not to the point where my warranty would be void. i wanted to get a ecu tuned, pulley and heat exchange this weekend done so he can tuned it since he was here but instead i only got a ecu flash. the cool thing about jerry was that he was very honest and up front with all the question i ask him and his advice. thanks jerry for the ecu flash, i'll definitely will pay for jerry's service anytime! :y

Gramma_Benz 01-09-2011 09:23 PM

Yes, I don't know how many times I can reiterate that Jerry is a totally stand up guy. He goes out of his way to help other enthusiasts, so much so that I really hope he's making money in this business.
Too often I see him taking money out of his own pocket, just to make people happy.

JUAN CASAUS 01-09-2011 09:56 PM

+1...I just had my car tubed with the updated software and jerry was first class all the way...highly recommended!

JUAN CASAUS 01-09-2011 09:57 PM

Lol...I meant tuned!

silverjimm 01-09-2011 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by JUAN CASAUS (Post 4452001)
+1...I just had my car tubed with the updated software and jerry was first class all the way...highly recommended!

At least you will get traction with all the added power!! :D :zoom:

Newzchspy 01-10-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by silverjimm (Post 4452083)
At least you will get traction with all the added power!! :D :zoom:

I just got those on my road bike...............or surfing...............

Get TUBED!!! :eek:

doom239 01-10-2011 10:35 AM

/\ +1 When ever I email them I get a response ASAP. Thanks again Eurocharged!

JUAN CASAUS 01-10-2011 11:26 AM

At least I said I had my car tubed! Lol

c32/// 01-10-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by C_DirtyTwo (Post 4451713)

+1000:D i had a problem with my c32 and emailed him and he gave me tips to diagnose it and he is willing to fix it when i come up here:y Jerry is an :bow:amazing guy...

Newzchspy 01-10-2011 05:28 PM

]+1000:D i had a problem with my c32 and emailed him and he gave me tips to diagnose it and he is willing to fix it when i come up here:y Jerry is an :bow:amazing guy...[/QUOTE]

Too bad he went to the dark side and got a Beemer a few years back ............

c32/// 01-10-2011 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Newzchspy (Post 4453426)
]+1000:D i had a problem with my c32 and emailed him and he gave me tips to diagnose it and he is willing to fix it when i come up here:y Jerry is an :bow:amazing guy...

Too bad he went to the dark side and got a Beemer a few years back ............[/QUOTE]

regardless...he still went out of his way to help me...:smash:

silverjimm 01-10-2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by JUAN CASAUS (Post 4452722)
At least I said I had my car tubed! Lol

:y

austinholloman 01-11-2011 03:59 AM

I really don't think there is a bad review on the web about this guy(For good reason) and I can't wait to hand him over my hard earned money in a month or two for my tune! Good job Jerry and OP very glad to hear you now have, yet another, 32k BEAST! :y

C_DirtyTwo 01-12-2011 03:45 PM

:y:y I couldn't believe his service, especially after dealing with another tuning company with my last tune (not gonna name any names). Eurocharged FTMFW I want some LT headers next!!:naughty:

ML500K 01-12-2011 10:21 PM

+100 to Jerry! :y :zoom: