C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Belt slippage w/ 185MM+PSK

Old 01-27-2011, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
Belt slippage w/ 185MM+PSK

I can hear belt slippage when I go WOT 1st/2nd gear. The belt only has around 15k miles on it. Anyone else experience this problem with 185MM and PSK? I'm thinking the tensioner is due for replacement at 110k miles? Supercharger pulley bearing is getting louder as well. I have a new bearing just never installed. Will probably pick up a small press at harbor freight...

Last edited by gt4awd; 01-27-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG x 2
Originally Posted by gt4awd
I can hear belt slippage when I go WOT 1st/2nd gear. The belt only has around 15k miles on it. Anyone else experience this problem with 185MM and PSK? I'm thinking the tensioner is due for replacement at 110k miles? Supercharger pulley bearing is getting louder as well. I have a new bearing just never installed. Will probably pick up a small press at harbor freight...
i had my belt slip evertime i started moving i could hear it slip but thatwas with a code3 and a 178..
Old 01-27-2011, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
no belt slippage here
Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by jturkel
no belt slippage here
OT Josh, hows school going?? Bag a nurse yet??
Old 01-27-2011, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
compared to oem, your still going to get a little bit of belt slip over a 185 and stock belt because the belt on the psk is a lot larger. But its worth it to not have to swap out your pulleys every 6months.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
compared to oem, your still going to get a little bit of belt slip over a 185 and stock belt because the belt on the psk is a lot larger. But its worth it to not have to swap out your pulleys every 6months.

Never had that problem with my pulleys in three years running the Code 3???

I don't run the PSK BUT do run Brandons old pulley wrap kit.................

THE PSK is essential for anyone with a crank pulley........just ask the SRT guys
Old 01-28-2011, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
OT Josh, hows school going?? Bag a nurse yet??
ha, it's going well. got an A for the first semester. lots and lots and lots (that's an understatement) of stuff to learn. it never ends. my school is one of three medical schools that is on an accelerated curriculum. most medical schools have 2 yrs of preclinical/science and 2 yrs of clinical. we do the 2 yrs of preclinical in 1.5 yrs and get an extra .5 yr to have more time to study for the STEP1 (probably the most important test i'll ever take) and to start rotations/get extra clinical experience before taking the STEP1 and overall compared to other medical students. only 2 other schools do this....so our curriculum is killer, but i love it. unfortunately, that means i have less time to do other things....like spend time reading and posting stuff on the forum (man i'm behind on things), cleaning my car (i can't recall the last time i've done it), and fix my damn door (someone hit me in a parking lot while i was grocery shopping).

regarding the latter part of your statement, i recently broke up with my gf a couple of weeks ago who i had been with since last june, so i'm in the market at the moment so to speak lol. as one might imagine, most female medical students are not attractive (most). however, there are a bunch of cute PAs (physician's assistants) and some NAs at my school (my medical school also trains NAs and PAs along with MDs and PhDs). I'm in the process of planting seeds right now

thanks for asking!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

PLAID
Originally Posted by jturkel
ha, it's going well. got an A for the first semester. lots and lots and lots (that's an understatement) of stuff to learn. it never ends. my school is one of three medical schools that is on an accelerated curriculum. most medical schools have 2 yrs of preclinical/science and 2 yrs of clinical. we do the 2 yrs of preclinical in 1.5 yrs and get an extra .5 yr to have more time to study for the STEP1 (probably the most important test i'll ever take) and to start rotations/get extra clinical experience before taking the STEP1 and overall compared to other medical students. only 2 other schools do this....so our curriculum is killer, but i love it. unfortunately, that means i have less time to do other things....like spend time reading and posting stuff on the forum (man i'm behind on things), cleaning my car (i can't recall the last time i've done it), and fix my damn door (someone hit me in a parking lot while i was grocery shopping).

regarding the latter part of your statement, i recently broke up with my gf a couple of weeks ago who i had been with since last june, so i'm in the market at the moment so to speak lol. as one might imagine, most female medical students are not attractive (most). however, there are a bunch of cute PAs (physician's assistants) and some NAs at my school (my medical school also trains NAs and PAs along with MDs and PhDs). I'm in the process of planting seeds right now

thanks for asking!
Just be careful where you plant those seeds
Old 02-15-2011, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question

INTERESTING....Will keep close attention when I buy a PSK

BTW Glen is that wrap kit still for sale?

Anyone who knows can I install both the wrap kit and the PSK?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
a land yacht.
I think I get a little belt slippage as well. Mine is more when I first start my car up in the morning when it's cold outside, 1st gear with slow acceleration seems to slip, however I'm not positive it's slipping or if it's just because it's cold. I also have the 185mm and PSK. I just don't see how it could slip with all the pulleys the belt goes around, and how tight it is...
Old 02-15-2011, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 LS2 - Blue
Press on the section of belt between supercharger and outside PSK pulley in the center. Mine has a decent bit of play to it. How about yours? The tensioner also bounces around slightly, but I've heard this is normal?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Question

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Hey bud I don't remember if you did a DIY on the PSK...you are fabulous at DIY threads I'm going to have mine installed this weekend any tips or do you have a DIY you can write up(if you haven't already)?