C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Please take a look at this Carfax, for me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please take a look at this Carfax, for me

As the title says id like a few of you that have time to go a head and take a look at this carfax for me and tell me what you think. Ill give you a little info about it before you open up the link. (http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...RF65J64F455009)

I went to go look at the car today. Alll around it looked pretty clean inside everything electrically worked and didnt see any problems. But upon turning on the car and putting it in gear there was a pretty rough idle and the steering wheel was shaking pretty rough. When i put the car into park the rough idle went away. I drove the car around the block a few times and the car seemed to shift cleanly.

Now for the outside. The driver side looked good, but when i moved over to the passenger side i noticed in the rear of the car just past the back door starting at the fender it looks like it was scraped agasinst something and buffed out and paitined over a long with a few scraping marks left on the rear fender so im not sure if the actually painted over it or not. But it defenitly looked l ike some of the lip from the rear fender was flattened out a bit. Also, i noticed the door to the gas tank wasnt sitting flush with the car (No, it wasnt locked and the door was closed after. I checked for that) After looking at the carfax i see that the gas tank was replaced along with a "tire" multipule times. Im starting to feel like soemthing happened on that back end a little bit and it wasnt just a little paint scraping. If anyone can give me their $0.02 id greatly appricaite it.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:04 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Not everything will appear in a carfax. You already have misgivings. Take it to a trusted shop of your choosing and have them give you a report.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
Originally Posted by shanetoast
upon turning on the car and putting it in gear there was a pretty rough idle and the steering wheel was shaking pretty rough.

when i moved over to the passenger side i noticed in the rear of the car just past the back door starting at the fender it looks like it was scraped agasinst something and buffed out and paitined over a long with a few scraping marks left on the rear fender so im not sure if the actually painted over it or not. But it defenitly looked l ike some of the lip from the rear fender was flattened out a bit.

i noticed the door to the gas tank wasnt sitting flush with the car (No, it wasnt locked and the door was closed after. I checked for that)

After looking at the carfax i see that the gas tank was replaced along with a "tire" multipule times.
With this many red flags, you're still seriously interested?? With these cars selling for pretty cheap now, I'd pass and find another one. These cars are enough of a handful in good condition in terms of maintenance and repairs. This one has nightmare written all over it, IMHO.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Get a PPI prior to purchasing a car. Any good german shop should charge you about a hundred bucks but it can save you thousands in the future. It also gives you some negotiating power if little things are found.