MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203-48/)
-   -   My Eurocharged Story (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/420904-my-eurocharged-story.html)

macbryanie 10-27-2011 08:48 PM

My Eurocharged Story

It all started with the wife’s w203 c180k ,a not so reliable daily driver wanting a little more power as if you have driven one it is lacking substantially. I was considering the Kleemann k-box which had excellent gains for this particular car however like all Benz owners… wanted an AMG. Having a company car for my daily driver I needed to step into something more spirited for the weekend. Gone the 180k and into a 2002 C32. :zoom:The power bug became very real and was hooked immediately. Within the first month of ownership I needed more…Enter eurocharged… after installing a PLM HE and isolation kit, cm30 pump, magnacor leads, denso plugs and sprint booster it was all for the preparation of a 181 pulley from eurocharged. First step the infamous Jerry tune and eurotuner. Once I got it and Jerry had sent me the tune I allocated a late night so I would be on Texas time if something went wrong….that was the only thing that went right for me that night. Plugged in the euro tuner and away it went…then stopped….then crashed….car dead. Called up Eurocharged and both Jerry and Adam were immediately assisting me. Very impressed as I was freaking out of course. The battery had reached minimum level when installing the tune therefore defaulted, flashbooster crashed or stopped and ecu erased. Not good… the only way to reflash the ecu was with the remote cable. I didn’t have one so Adam posted one express that night(day Texas) and no charge for the cable. I have been reading MBworld religiously on a daily basis and have never heard of anywhere else that extends such customer service. Even though car was dead in a garage on the other side of the world they put my mind at ease. That was until I started researching whilst waiting for the cable (couple of days) in this I was sourcing a replacement ecu and reading horror stories of dealer only able to reflash ecu (vin coded big $). With the battery, charger and rental car it was adding up to more than the tune and eurotuner and the icing on the cake; I had the nagging from the wife about the rental car. This has no reflection on eurocharged it was simply “the way the cookie crumbles.” So…a new battery in and a good car charger to keep the volts on maintain so there was no possibility of repeat. Once the cable was in my possession again hit up Eurocharged for a Frankenstein rebirth… Adam and Jerry again all over it and car fired up and alive. Tried the eurotuner and had a couple of hiccups until it fired through and car was tuned. It was about 3am when all done. Jerry and Adam allocated a good couple of hours for this again so mostly likely I had used a total of 4hours of their time since the first encounter. I pay a mechanic $80-120phr of his time to play with the car and I am sure that Eurocharged had scheduled other vehicles but gave mine priority. Out for a drive and didn’t get back home till 6am…shower then work. I was on a high that would have impressed hippies… car was breaking loose everywhere. Great fun playing with the HSV’s.
181 pulley idea out the window and jumped on the new pulley that they are shipping this week…:naughty:
A month later the tanny jerk was back in full force and with reserved confidence I popped the hood charger on maintain for the battery and began to reflash the car…..at 15% it stopped. My heart sank. It was 0800hrs in the morning Australian time on a Sunday. The dreams of roaring around on a sunny Sunday shattered. Being about 0530hrs Texas time I shot off an email to Jerry with a plea of help and added my 2cents of frustration. Walked to the bus stop as I was off to get another rental car for the wife. Cursing away at the bus stop the blackberry chimes an email from Jerry….An apology and the golden words ”Would you like to fix it now” Hell yes. :bow: Back at the car Jerry waved his magic wand and car alive again. (Reinstalled stock ecu) It was determined that the error maybe the eurotuner or the usb cable. Jerry advised that a replacement would be sent out however I declined and added that I would send it back and swap it for a TCU tune when remote compatible. Done deal.
With all this dribble that I have just posted, the conclusion is: even with the worst luck imaginable Eurocharged went well above and beyond in address and resolving the issues with prompt action. I have to recommend these guys with absolute sincerity. Jerry if you read this: Thank you and hopefully the beer money found you well.

loudandheard 10-27-2011 09:13 PM

Jerry and Eurocharged are a good bunch. There may be things that happen, but they will definitely help you when possible.

Lenin 10-27-2011 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by macbryanie (Post 4893214)
It all started with the wife’s w203 c180k ,a not so reliable daily driver wanting a little more power as if you have driven one it is lacking substantially. I was considering the Kleemann k-box which had excellent gains for this particular car however like all Benz owners… wanted an AMG. Having a company car for my daily driver I needed to step into something more spirited for the weekend. Gone the 180k and into a 2002 C32. :zoom:The power bug became very real and was hooked immediately. Within the first month of ownership I needed more…Enter eurocharged… after installing a PLM HE and isolation kit, cm30 pump, magnacor leads, denso plugs and sprint booster it was all for the preparation of a 181 pulley from eurocharged. First step the infamous Jerry tune and eurotuner. Once I got it and Jerry had sent me the tune I allocated a late night so I would be on Texas time if something went wrong….that was the only thing that went right for me that night. Plugged in the euro tuner and away it went…then stopped….then crashed….car dead. Called up Eurocharged and both Jerry and Adam were immediately assisting me. Very impressed as I was freaking out of course. The battery had reached minimum level when installing the tune therefore defaulted, flashbooster crashed or stopped and ecu erased. Not good… the only way to reflash the ecu was with the remote cable. I didn’t have one so Adam posted one express that night(day Texas) and no charge for the cable. I have been reading MBworld religiously on a daily basis and have never heard of anywhere else that extends such customer service. Even though car was dead in a garage on the other side of the world they put my mind at ease. That was until I started researching whilst waiting for the cable (couple of days) in this I was sourcing a replacement ecu and reading horror stories of dealer only able to reflash ecu (vin coded big $). With the battery, charger and rental car it was adding up to more than the tune and eurotuner and the icing on the cake; I had the nagging from the wife about the rental car. This has no reflection on eurocharged it was simply “the way the cookie crumbles.” So…a new battery in and a good car charger to keep the volts on maintain so there was no possibility of repeat. Once the cable was in my possession again hit up Eurocharged for a Frankenstein rebirth… Adam and Jerry again all over it and car fired up and alive. Tried the eurotuner and had a couple of hiccups until it fired through and car was tuned. It was about 3am when all done. Jerry and Adam allocated a good couple of hours for this again so mostly likely I had used a total of 4hours of their time since the first encounter. I pay a mechanic $80-120phr of his time to play with the car and I am sure that Eurocharged had scheduled other vehicles but gave mine priority. Out for a drive and didn’t get back home till 6am…shower then work. I was on a high that would have impressed hippies… car was breaking loose everywhere. Great fun playing with the HSV’s.
181 pulley idea out the window and jumped on the new pulley that they are shipping this week…:naughty:
A month later the tanny jerk was back in full force and with reserved confidence I popped the hood charger on maintain for the battery and began to reflash the car…..at 15% it stopped. My heart sank. It was 0800hrs in the morning Australian time on a Sunday. The dreams of roaring around on a sunny Sunday shattered. Being about 0530hrs Texas time I shot off an email to Jerry with a plea of help and added my 2cents of frustration. Walked to the bus stop as I was off to get another rental car for the wife. Cursing away at the bus stop the blackberry chimes an email from Jerry….An apology and the golden words ”Would you like to fix it now” Hell yes. :bow: Back at the car Jerry waved his magic wand and car alive again. (Reinstalled stock ecu) It was determined that the error maybe the eurotuner or the usb cable. Jerry advised that a replacement would be sent out however I declined and added that I would send it back and swap it for a TCU tune when remote compatible. Done deal.
With all this dribble that I have just posted, the conclusion is: even with the worst luck imaginable Eurocharged went well above and beyond in address and resolving the issues with prompt action. I have to recommend these guys with absolute sincerity. Jerry if you read this: Thank you and hopefully the beer money found you well.

Tell us something new. I've heard this story before. :D

AMG3.2 10-27-2011 09:39 PM

I've also heard great things about Eurocharged. I will be getting a tune from them after I get a few supporting mods.

silverjimm 10-27-2011 10:27 PM

They are Great to deal with!

macbryanie 10-27-2011 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lenin (Post 4893286)
Tell us something new. I've heard this story before. :D

Damn...I wish I read that thread... would have saved me some headaches.

macbryanie 10-27-2011 10:41 PM

Just re read my post...wrote infamous instead of famous...lol, " First step the infamous Jerry tune and eurotuner." edit...it should be "famous" My bad.

C32maximus 10-28-2011 09:31 AM

One of the best tuner crews out there. Adam and Jerry were both helpful on my recent remote tune. They even returned phone calls after hours. Great team.:y

chris.bachman 10-28-2011 09:52 AM

Eurocharged is nothing but drunkards and degenerates. Gotta love em.

MRAMG1 10-28-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by chris.bachman (Post 4893890)

I'll second that:naughty:

Now if only I could catch up with them again with their giraffe:p:

lowryder363 10-28-2011 02:23 PM

:y

loungn14 10-29-2011 11:46 PM

ya thats about right....but we make a mad tune! lol

OP, glad you are up and running! Enjoy the power!

:y

RedBull 10-30-2011 10:00 AM

I think pretty much all of us who know and have experience with Eurocharged can tell quite a few similar stories. Great bunch of guys.