MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203-48/)
-   -   C55 For Sale 78k miles $15.5k (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/441577-c55-sale-78k-miles-15-5k.html)

05Silver55AMG 04-01-2012 11:41 AM

C55 For Sale 78k miles $15.5k

For sale is my 05 Silver C55. Currently has about 78,500 miles. Silver exterior and silver interior. Car has COMMAND and HIDs, CLK front grille, clear side makers and flat badge, brand new Hankooks with 200 miles. All stock parts will come with the car including a set of winter tires mounted on stock C32 wheels (10k on the tires). Remaining 3rd party warranty is transferable and expires 3/13 or another 11.5k miles. Alll work has been done at the leading Mercedes dealer in the area. Rear main seal, valve cover gaskets, newer front rotors and pads, and a few other thind I'm sure I am missing. I am the second owner. I have owned it for just over 2 years.

I feel the car is worth more than I am asking, however, in the upper midwest, these cars seem to have no value. I swear, there are c230's around here that cost more.

Car is in very nice shape with just normal wear for its mileage. The wheels do have some curb rash and 1 rear wheel has the clear peeling off. Unfortunately it was like this when I bought it and my intentions were to put 19s on it anyway, but never got around to it.

I'm not in any hurry to sell it, and I feel it is priced very fair. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm having some trouble with pictures today, so please let me know and I will send you some. Car is located in Milwaukee, WI

ChrisC55 04-01-2012 11:46 AM

Very fairly priced. Good luck. Posting pics would help.

91RS 04-01-2012 12:47 PM

Wow, I wouldn't take a penny less than your asking price. That is a steal.

dre5373 04-01-2012 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by 91RS (Post 5128676)
Wow, I wouldn't take a penny less than your asking price. That is a steal.

+1! $15.5K with your mileage and options AND a warranty is more than fairly priced, it's an absolute bargain! GLWS and best of luck with whatever you move on to...

Viper98912 04-01-2012 01:08 PM

Sad

AKnight55 04-01-2012 06:30 PM

Awesome deal :y

evilsaint 04-01-2012 07:49 PM

:eek::eek::eek:

:: runs off to Carmax to see how much they'll give him for his C32 ::

05Silver55AMG 04-01-2012 07:49 PM

I agree, very sad. My 5 year old son seems to have more appreciation for this car than most people around here. I will not be taking a penny less than my asking price. I don't expect to be able to sell it on here since most of you already own one, but I thought I would post it anyway. I have an ad on CL and its been a bunch of "how about 12 grand?" kinda day. Very annoying.....

We are only selling because we are looking to buy a larger house and it would be nice to free up some cash. I'm not going to give it away any more than I already am.

evilsaint 04-01-2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by 05Silver55AMG (Post 5128603)
For sale is my 05 Silver C55. Currently has about 78,500 miles. Silver exterior and silver interior. Car has COMMAND and HIDs, CLK front grille, clear side makers and flat badge, brand new Hankooks with 200 miles. All stock parts will come with the car including a set of winter tires mounted on stock C32 wheels (10k on the tires). Remaining 3rd party warranty is transferable and expires 3/13 or another 11.5k miles. Alll work has been done at the leading Mercedes dealer in the area. Rear main seal, valve cover gaskets, newer front rotors and pads, and a few other thind I'm sure I am missing. I am the second owner. I have owned it for just over 2 years.

I feel the car is worth more than I am asking, however, in the upper midwest, these cars seem to have no value. I swear, there are c230's around here that cost more.

Car is in very nice shape with just normal wear for its mileage. The wheels do have some curb rash and 1 rear wheel has the clear peeling off. Unfortunately it was like this when I bought it and my intentions were to put 19s on it anyway, but never got around to it.

I'm not in any hurry to sell it, and I feel it is priced very fair. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm having some trouble with pictures today, so please let me know and I will send you some. Car is located in Milwaukee, WI

http://imgur.com/dHPzj - KBB

Not sure what your timeline for selling it is, but maybe you should hold out. eBay, even? That price is phenomenal and I think you're selling your car short =(

Mark.D 04-01-2012 08:26 PM

eBay that sucker for sure. Its worth more than your asking price.

Chedeng88 04-02-2012 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by 05Silver55AMG (Post 5129251)
I have an ad on CL and its been a bunch of "how about 12 grand?" kinda day. Very annoying.....

Annoying indeed. If it's not lowballers, it's scammers that you'll get in CL.

Even with posting at Cars or AutoTrader, you'll get a bunch of scam emails and robo-callers too. Low lifes... :mad:

Oh GLWS!

AMG3.2 04-02-2012 12:25 PM

As others have said, the price is ridiculously good. Good luck selling it.

MIKESV8 04-02-2012 12:53 PM

people like you OP are the reason why people say, "you can get a great C55 now for like $15,000! they're not worth anything anymore!" i'm not a big fan of people selling these cars for super cheap just to get rid of them one bit. keep it on CL next time please. regardless of the fact that you can get an extra 2-3k on this car if you really were in no hurry to sell it and put it on a national domain like bay or autotrader.

evilsaint 04-02-2012 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by michael kuzni (Post 5130212)
people like you OP are the reason why people say, "you can get a great C55 now for like $15,000! they're not worth anything anymore!" i'm not a big fan of people selling these cars for super cheap just to get rid of them one bit. keep it on CL next time please. regardless of the fact that you can get an extra 2-3k on this car if you really were in no hurry to sell it and put it on a national domain like bay or autotrader.

Isn't there a rule against thread crapping? Or do the mods only ban anymore for mentions of that "other site"?

Maybe that's how he values the car and thinks he can get for it, or maybe he just doesn't want to deal with all the lowball offers he's bound to get ANYWHERE he posts it if he put it up at $17k instead. Either way, how does it affect you? That's right - it doesn't. Quit being a douche:y

cannonball55 04-02-2012 02:12 PM

interested in pictures

ScottW911 04-02-2012 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by evilsaint (Post 5130294)
Isn't there a rule against thread crapping? Or do the mods only ban anymore for mentions of that "other site"?

Maybe that's how he values the car and thinks he can get for it, or maybe he just doesn't want to deal with all the lowball offers he's bound to get ANYWHERE he posts it if he put it up at $17k instead. Either way, how does it affect you? That's right - it doesn't. Quit being a douche:y

OT for one moment....

Guys, you know, I am so tired of being crapped on by innuendo and lies.

Was anyone banned for mentioning another site? NO. Did anyone even get an infraction for it? NO.

Yes, what Michael did was classless. Will he get "banned" for it? NO, not even an infraction.

Is the staff at MBWorld trying to listen to the members and have a kinder, gentler forum? YES.

Just keep it somewhat civil. I prefer the members to do most of their own policing of the forums.

Back to the topic...

MIKESV8 04-02-2012 02:46 PM

the only thing i'm in the wrong for is breaking the rule of "giving insight to a poster when he/she is posting about their car for sale." you're supposed to get an infraction for that or even banned and i completely forgot about that rule. everything i said is a valid opinion that i will not try to backup otherwise it'll more than likely start WW3. i've been here long enough to know that. i stand behind my word though.

05Silver55AMG 04-02-2012 04:02 PM

I don't mind any individual opinion. As I said in my original post, I feel the car is worth more than I am asking, however, IN MY MARKET, this is the price range that is going to generate interest without the constant haggling. I'm not trying to bring down the market, but the wife says we need a bigger house, so it's time to let it go and I don't like hassles.

Most of you guys are lucky enough to live where it's warmer than 30 degrees and the sun comes out more than 1/2 the year. All wheel drives are the money makers around here. Most people can't drive at all in the snow much less try to tackle a 350+ hp rear drive in 6 inches of snow and ice.

There are a few C55s at dealers within a couple hundred miles of my house for $18-19K. Since most people have a trade-in or need the dealer to help financing, I need to have mine listed under those to generate interest.

I tried posting on other national sites and CL a few months ago for $17k and got a bunch of junk replies with people offereing $12k and no one serious enought to come and look at it. All you get is the "in this economy.....blah blah blah" In 1 day posted here, I have gotten a great response with some fairly serious interest.

I will get some pictures up tonight after I get home from work. If you guys have any other questions, let me know

evilsaint 04-02-2012 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by ScottW911 (Post 5130344)
OT for one moment....

Guys, you know, I am so tired of being crapped on by innuendo and lies.

Was anyone banned for mentioning another site? NO. Did anyone even get an infraction for it? NO.

Yes, what Michael did was classless. Will he get "banned" for it? NO, not even an infraction.

Is the staff at MBWorld trying to listen to the members and have a kinder, gentler forum? YES.

Just keep it somewhat civil. I prefer the members to do most of their own policing of the forums.

Back to the topic...

Sorry 'bout that... I had only read a small amount about what had happened and I figured I'd make a joke about it >_>

That being said, IS there a rule against thread crapping?

ScottW911 04-02-2012 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by evilsaint (Post 5130542)
Sorry 'bout that... I had only read a small amount about what had happened and I figured I'd make a joke about it >_>

That being said, IS there a rule against thread crapping?

Yes. Don't do it.

If someone does, feel free to call them out on it. I'd rather each of us shames people into acting in a civil manner than staff handing out infractions.

Michael, I'm not picking on you, just a generality.

evilsaint 04-02-2012 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by ScottW911 (Post 5130613)
Yes. Don't do it.

If someone does, feel free to call them out on it. I'd rather each of us shames people into acting in a civil manner than staff handing out infractions.

Michael, I'm not picking on you, just a generality.

After spending ~six years on CarAudio.com, I will do it with pleasure =)

MIKESV8 04-02-2012 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by evilsaint (Post 5130646)
After spending ~six years on CarAudio.com, I will do it with pleasure =)

Caraudio.com you don't say...

evilsaint 04-02-2012 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by michael kuzni (Post 5130675)
Caraudio.com you don't say...

I got outta the scene when I bought the Benz bc I was *gasp* satisfied with the Bose system. Previously, however, had 143.xDB in my 1996 Bonneville :naughty:

05Silver55AMG 04-02-2012 07:55 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics. Let me know if anyone needs any additional pics

Nachtsturm 04-02-2012 10:23 PM

Just a thought, take a ride down to Schaumburg, IL. Take it to the carmax there, unless you already took it to a carmax up by you. Then the value will be the same. I would be willing to bet they would give you more money than the carmaxs in your area.

Be fast and easy and take in some scenic shots of chicago:D