Newbie here.... Advice Please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
BAS/ESP/ABS Faults & Servicing???

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum and new to Mercedes. I recently purchased a C32 AMG after doing all the research. I've got quite few plans to work on it, but first thing will be a complete service. The car is a due an A service in 1k miles, but I'm planning on doing a B service just for peace of mind.

So what would people recommend. Should I stick with all dealer parts and dealer recommended Mobil 1 oil, or are there better options to go for? Also would it be a good idea to get the gearbox serviced and the diff?

I'm also planning on lowering the car on good quality coilovers and I wanted to know if Mercedes Alphards would fit onto the car. The size of the alphards are 18x8.5 and 9.5, the offset at the front is 35, so if I'm correct will need a small spacer to clear the brakes. The rears should be fine. However I have learnt that the alphards use different bolts(M14 x 1.5), where the C32 alloys are M12x1.5. Can someone explain what the difference is between these bolts and if it makes a difference to fitting.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bedumon; 01-19-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
I would stick to only approved oils for engine, transmission, dif ect...
what mileage is on the car?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
Spoke design is also a factor in brake clearance, not just offset. Best to test fit and see. However, if memory serves, the Alphards came with SLs which may have had similar brakes to the ones on C32s/55s, so they might just well clear without spacers.

The difference between the M14x1.5 bolts and the M12x1.5 bolts is 2mm in diameter! The M14s are larger in diameter, meaning the holes in the wheels are larger too. You will need to obtain lug bolts that will accommodate, so M12x1.5 threads, but with sufficient 'meat' on them to safely mount the wheel still. There's more info in this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c...-c55-done.html
Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM

C32 AMG
Thanks for the replies guys.

I think I've found the right bolts for the wheels, but now I've got another problem.

We've had loads of snow here and after driving in the snow, I've had the ABS/BAS/ESP fault come up all at once! And for a brief second I also had a fault about battery consumption (or something like that, I can't quite remember the exact wording!). This went off almost instantly.

Any info on this and potential causes would be great. Also would disconnecting the battery reset the faults?

And the car has done just over 100k miles.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 AM

2002 C32 AMG
Pull codes