MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203-48/)
-   -   straight pipes c55 amg (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/524381-straight-pipes-c55-amg.html)

loveyogapants 12-18-2013 04:01 AM

straight pipes c55 amg

ive owned my 2005 c55 amg for about a year now. its by far my all time favorite. ive been playing with my exhaust for along time now. X pipe and J pipe. i got tired of it all and no one really had an answer that i was looking for so i took it apond my self. i went behind each cat and cut everything off. i ran a 2.25in pipe from each cat stright back on each side. once i got to the rear axle i took the pipe on each side and made 4 so each tip had its own pipe. TALK ABOUT AN AMAZING SOUND. it sounds like a REAL AMG... $350 to run it.... Now we talk about the power lost. if you dont drive your car hard everyday you wont ever relise the loss. If you do, 19hp lost only time you feel it, is when jumping on it from 0. but good side is it doesn't spin as much, and i feel it after 100 mph. instead of her running 155 she only runs 151. next thing... Fabtec has sold me a new air intake system and a remap of my ECU. $1100. i got 35hp form that. made it all back plus more. a few more upgrades along that i now push 400hp and have an amazing sound plus she now runs 160 all day

gwin 12-18-2013 04:54 AM

There's nothing wrong with straight pipes, every car would have it if it wasn't for emissions and save the planet bull****.

Then if that's the case, it'll come out of factory tuned length straight pipes for maximum power and sound.

btw, don't you find the noise unbearable? I've had straight pipes on 2 cars previously and it just gets ridiculous for driveability. The attention is good, but it's also stupid in the long term.

loveyogapants 12-18-2013 05:44 AM

pipes

not so much. reason i say that is ive only had it for about 3 weeks now and i love it. ive had pipes like that on my truck all throw high school and it bother me after i got out but im going back to them. i still got my mufflers so at anytime i can add them back and make up loss hp but for now ill leave them alone, its not that bad, it really isnt unless your always on the gas and then you want the pipes lol

ghiaguy 12-18-2013 03:31 PM

where do you do all of these high speed runs?

Tates55 01-02-2014 08:06 PM

Yeah I'm going to need a video of this... for "research"

Accidental L8 apex 01-02-2014 09:20 PM

Has this been nominated for dumbest thread of 2013 or is it even possible there's a worse thread out there somewhere? If so, I need proof. :bs:

Gramma_Benz 01-02-2014 11:06 PM

Eurocharged tuning day, SKL55 with straight pipes:

ghiaguy 01-02-2014 11:08 PM

thread improved dramatically there in the last couple mins.

Tates55 01-12-2014 10:45 PM

Yeah... That video is excellent.

Details on "straight pipes"? Primary and secondary, resonator and mufflers all removed?

swedepat 01-13-2014 06:22 AM

huuu... am i the one only to find it sound awful?

C230 Mulac 01-13-2014 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by swedepat (Post 5905399)
huuu... am i the one only to find it sound awful?

I've got mixed feelings, as it's always hard to tell when you're listening to a video and real life. I find there's a big difference when you actually hear it in person.

The video makes it kind of sound like you're at a racetrack (which makes sense as those cars are basically just running straight out of the headers), but again, it could be totally different in person. It sounds too much like an American muscle car than a fine-tuned German machine.

Lenin 01-13-2014 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by C230 Mulac (Post 5905436)
I've got mixed feelings, as it's always hard to tell when you're listening to a video and real life. I find there's a big difference when you actually hear it in person.

The video makes it kind of sound like you're at a racetrack (which makes sense as those cars are basically just running straight out of the headers), but again, it could be totally different in person. It sounds too much like an American muscle car than a fine-tuned German machine.

A lot depends on the headers being used. I've been to the track with some MHP based C63s and that is exactly how they sound in person. I run Kleemann headers with dual 2.5" pipes catless with an X-pipe and Supersprint mufflers and I can tell when the parking guy starts my car on another level of the garage. And that's a V6. This kind of sound also attracts a lot of cops. I've been told by a cop that he heard me first and then saw me. Another cop couldn't figure out what to do with me since he didn't have a DB meter and gave me a ticket for obstructing "Garden State" with my license plate frame.

C230 Mulac 01-13-2014 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lenin (Post 5905512)
A lot depends on the headers being used. I've been to the track with some MHP based C63s and that is exactly how they sound in person. I run Kleemann headers with dual 2.5" pipes catless with an X-pipe and Supersprint mufflers and I can tell when the parking guy starts my car on another level of the garage. And that's a V6. This kind of sound also attracts a lot of cops. I've been told by a cop that he heard me first and then saw me. Another cop couldn't figure out what to do with me since he didn't have a DB meter and gave me a ticket for obstructing "Garden State" with my license plate frame.

A ticket for obstructing Garden State?? What a douche