LET C32 2002

I'll try it.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
LET C32 2002
Originally Posted by jturkel
lol. glad you like it. here ya go

i added a red line in the last pic in case you can't trace the route of the wire. i basically hide it a little bit below the battery cover b/c the wire was a little bit long.
Friend what gauge wire u use?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
Friend what gauge wire u use?
I believe it is 4 gauge
Old 05-22-2014, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Question

I believe it is 4 gauge

I bought wrong gauge and I think it makes a difference...on your ground I see you used actual battery cable while I used 8 gauge thinking like rep at advance auto it was based off your picture the side at bolt at plenum so I used it anyways also the side connected to bolt for intake plenum looking closer it looks like you put battery cable and a 8 gauge together am I right?

Anyways I did put on side at same location you have of intake plenum...but other side instead of location you use and since its bigger thus won't fit the 8 gauge I placed it right at negative battery post. I turned car on and as expected the batt/alt workshop and few normal warnings came up but whats weird usually if I got srs warning before I re-calibrate steering to remove esp warning the srs light would be gone after returning car on other warnings like light sensor where constantly on...prior to doing this so yesterday I would start car calibrated esp turned car off then back on and all warnings except alt/battery workshop would be gone It's leading me to believe there is a grounding issue but need my friends help in order to scrap and clean battery posts and everything that has to do with it.
Attached Thumbnails Ok Confused....help needed please-8-gauge.jpg   Ok Confused....help needed please-8-gauge-2.jpg  
Old 05-22-2014, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Question

this might seem like a stupid/silly idea, but a while back i was having an issue where my car would lose power overnight and i disconnected my seats (didn't fix it), got a new voltage regulator, then a new alternator, new battery...none of that fixed it. my buddy had this idea that maybe i had a bad ground and he essentially created a new ground for the price of essentially a piece of speaker wire. it has since been upgraded to better wire, but it resolved my problem and i no longer had that issue. it was a cheap easy fix. maybe give it a try? here is what it looks like now on my car
Being the fact that warnings got worse after removing bolt from the cable that goes from body to negative post on battery...I'm curious to know where engine to chassis ground is at. Anyone has a schematic or picture of it?
Attached Thumbnails Ok Confused....help needed please-my-ground.jpg  

Last edited by c32used; 05-22-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by c32used
Being the fact that warnings got worse after removing bolt from the cable that goes from body to negative post on battery...I'm curious to know where engine to chassis ground is at. Anyone has a schematic or picture of it?
i'm not sure where it is, but that's why there is a new one now in my car. i cant tell from your pictures, but did you attach it to the same place i did near the battery?
Old 05-24-2014, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Talking

i'm not sure where it is, but that's why there is a new one now in my car. i cant tell from your pictures, but did you attach it to the same place i did near the battery?
I connected it to removable nut on the negative post itself on battery..anyways my friend end up removing the alternator and we had autozone check it and they concluded it was indeed faulty...which I honestly prefer to hear that them some other weird issue. I'm gonna have 2nd opinion with advanced auto in a couple hours..in the meantime connected positive post to see if battery drains again which shouldn't unless there is another draw somewhere.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Talking

Ok day after connecting the positive post on battery and battery still holding 12.4 charge since I removed alternator but left seat heater and control and over head console on.............so in my case it's a faulty alternator
Old 05-26-2014, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
Thumbs up

Final post til new Alternator installed...yesterday I put fuse back so my amps thus speakers turn on when radio in use and checked both this morning and night to see if battery drained and battery was fine and shows 12+ volts constant so with nothing disconnected battery hasn't drained as it did before last 2 days so the absolute issue I had was the alternator.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LET C32 2002
It was Alternator going bad after all

Ok replaced Alternator with a reman yesterday and everything absolutely fine. All the weird stuff was created by bad alternator. Reason why battery drain when car off is the plug in back connects directly to battery and the faulty alternator was drained that way. Only time battery didn't drain was when plug at alternator going straight to battery was disconnected. All weird symptoms where faulty alternator as for any blown fuses where me jumping car. I driven car no problems 20+ miles and another 80+ more later today