MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203-48/)
-   -   Just what color is your window trim? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/652336-just-what-color-your-window-trim.html)

Accidental L8 apex 02-06-2017 06:29 PM

Just what color is your window trim?

The trim right up against the glass. What color is the inside strip of metal around our windows. Mine is a "varnished", gunmetal with hints of rose or bronze and I've always liked the effect whether it's intentional or not. My car's been in the shop for a month from a near-hit deer-strike "situation" and the new rear door window trim piece that separates the main glass from that unmovable quarter window is now just black. It doesn't appear to be just a new piece that's not faded, if that's what the rest of my trim is doing, but a whole other color.

Check yours if you could. I was supposed to take her home today but found out it was about 7/8 done. Shop's been great, I'm just OCD and stick people to their whole "pre-accident" mantras. This could be the one time the car looks better after an accident as they repainted more than required. Looked great in the bright sun today. Tomorrow is supposed to rain, so I really wanted to see it today and glad I did as I found about half a dozen "blemishes" in the fresh paint.

End of diatribe, but 4-cylinder loaners are killing me and I was this close to taking my baby back home. Face it, warts and all, our cars are pretty nice. Hammer in a velvet glove nice. :y

gofisch 02-06-2017 06:54 PM

My trim is exactly as you describe. My car is black so it seems more noticeable to me and was wondering how to get it back to black. LOL Also, I feel your pain, my car has been sitting in the garage for two weeks due to a Postal Service severe screw up and a vendor not shipping back to me in the method promised. I'm dying to drive it.

Rocman8 02-06-2017 08:15 PM

They are supposed to be black but the sun fades them over time. It's one of the ways to judge used Mercedes to see if they have been garaged a lot or not. A popular repair now is gloss black vinyl wrap.

Accidental L8 apex 02-06-2017 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rocman8 (Post 7048366)
They are supposed to be black but the sun fades them over time. It's one of the ways to judge used Mercedes to see if they have been garaged a lot or not. A popular repair now is gloss black vinyl wrap.

The grille and emblems are getting done shortly, so I'll check while I'm at it. I kind of dig the tarnished gunmetalish look though. Mine's been garaged, but the lot at work has zero shade.

Viper98912 02-06-2017 08:39 PM

I've noticed this for years! After ~12 years as a daily driver in the Georgia sun, the bronze/purple effect is actually pretty cool, I think it's pretty neat against a Diamond Black (dark metallic blue) paint color. Same goes for the roof ditch molding.

But in the end, I know it's actually a flaw due to the UV of the sun...

Accidental L8 apex 02-06-2017 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Viper98912 (Post 7048396)
I've noticed this for years! After ~12 years as a daily driver in the Georgia sun, the bronze/purple effect is actually pretty cool, I think it's pretty neat against a Diamond Black (dark metallic blue) paint color. Same goes for the roof ditch molding.

But in the end, I know it's actually a flaw due to the UV of the sun...

I'm a Diamond Schwartz Metallic owner too and agree 100%. I think it looks cool, but always had a feeling it wasn't supposed to be that color. Let's see how long my OCD allows me to ignore the new, 6" black part that doesn't match the yards of aged trim I actually like. :p:

Either way, the rear emblems and chrome grille are getting blacked out. For some reason, completely badgeless looks off to me, so I'll make them near invisible. :crazy:

dorimaster 10-13-2017 07:57 PM

its real bronze, i cant believe how FEW people know this!! Its a very luxurious thing to do, and they dont any longer. you can polish it

gofisch 10-13-2017 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by dorimaster (Post 7285616)
its real bronze, i cant believe how FEW people know this!! Its a very luxurious thing to do, and they dont any longer. you can polish it

I actually have some bronze polisher. I'm going to try it.