MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203-48/)
-   -   C55 Secondary/Resonator Delete (https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/659335-c55-secondary-resonator-delete.html)

gofisch 03-16-2017 06:28 PM

C55 Secondary/Resonator Delete

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...958a55590b.jpg

Waiting to pick it up to get a sound clip. This is the first step. The Headers had an issue and waiting for a new set. The C63 Mufflers would not fit.

gofisch 03-19-2017 12:19 PM

Figuring out how to post clip lol The guys at the shop love this car and were very pleased with the sound difference. This is a shop that does some pretty cool stuff too. From VW Rabbit work to full on exotics. We are all looking forward to the header install.

Smokey31 03-19-2017 05:50 PM

Yeah nice, I have the same mods and for me the noise is perfect. Anymore would be too loud.

You seem to off pushed the rear bumper in quite a bit and exposed the pipes more. Mine have become a bit hidden, I wish I could do the same.

Rocman8 03-19-2017 11:59 PM

What is that loud whining noise? Do you have a pulley going out? Maybe the front pump?

gofisch 03-20-2017 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Smokey31 (Post 7088933)
Yeah nice, I have the same mods and for me the noise is perfect. Anymore would be too loud.

You seem to off pushed the rear bumper in quite a bit and exposed the pipes more. Mine have become a bit hidden, I wish I could do the same.

Its not much louder but the tone is certainly deeper which is what I wanted. I'm thinking adding the headers will deepen it even more.
I hadn't noticed about the tips, it may be the angle, they were like that when I got the car.

gofisch 03-20-2017 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rocman8 (Post 7089192)
What is that loud whining noise? Do you have a pulley going out? Maybe the front pump?

I've actually been thinking about that whine lately, I wasn't certain what it was. Is there a way to check the pump? I can inspect the pullies and try to move them and see and feel what I can see and feel. LOL Any suggestions are welcome. I do need to change the ballast for the front headlight, it's starting to blink on and off more now, its starting to be annoying.

Rocman8 03-20-2017 12:43 AM

An automotive stethoscope will be your best tool for that. Just have someone rev it up just a bit and then start probing around. Take that plastic cap off the front of the idler pulley too so you can put the stethoscope right on the bolt. To check the front pump put it on the bottom of the bellhousing and if it's bad it will be so loud that you will want to immediately pull the stethoscope off of it haha. Exhaust sounds good. I recently bought mine and the previous owner had removed the secondary cats and resonator, installed an x-pipe, and ran true dual exhaust back. Sounds really good like that too.

gofisch 03-20-2017 12:53 AM

I see the stethoscopes are fairly cheap. Although I'm not sure what I should be hearing. A louder Whine?
On the exhaust my original plan was for he true dual, but the pricing and opinions from the fabricators talked me out of it. I can always add it later after the Headers. But I have been really happy and surprised by the difference. I say it has been the best bang for the buck mod so far.

Rocman8 03-20-2017 01:01 AM

With the stethoscope it will be fairly obvious when a noise is normal or not. Pretty much everything you put it against will give you some kind of noise but when you put it to a bad component it will be screaming almost.

Smokey31 03-20-2017 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rocman8 (Post 7089192)

All 55 engines make that whine when cold.

RenC55AMG 03-20-2017 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey31 (Post 7089972)
All 55 engines make that whine when cold.

MIne does as well, pretty sure it's the power steering pump and not a pulley.

LUV2SPD 03-21-2017 09:42 PM

It sounds very nice. I have a blue C55 as well, yours is the second one I came across over the years.

gofisch 03-22-2017 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by LUV2SPD (Post 7091361)
It sounds very nice. I have a blue C55 as well, yours is the second one I came across over the years.

Thanks, its actually Diamond Black, but in certain light and angles it definitely looks blue.

Solo wing 03-26-2017 02:46 PM

Sounds lovely, good work!!
IMO deleting the resonator+secondary cats is the best mod for AMGs.
How much I miss the sound of my E55 M113 whining on a cold start. But I prefer my ML over the E :)

Pgpatel2 04-02-2017 08:56 AM

Hey guys, I have a problem with mine, seems like my car got slower or lost low end torque? How can I fix this? I deleted the secondary cats Y pipe to the deleted resonator and straight pipes to the muffler, seems like my car don't pick up like it used to :/
Ahh help me please!

Thanks

gofisch 04-02-2017 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Pgpatel2 (Post 7103249)
Hey guys, I have a problem with mine, seems like my car got slower or lost low end torque? How can I fix this? I deleted the secondary cats Y pipe to the deleted resonator and straight pipes to the muffler, seems like my car don't pick up like it used to :/
Ahh help me please!

Thanks

You have any pictures of what they did? What size piping did they use?

Pgpatel2 04-02-2017 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by gofisch (Post 7103286)
You have any pictures of what they did? What size piping did they use?

Hey got no pictures of the exhaust sorry, I wish I took one :/
They used 2.5" I think, and steel pipes thanks

LUV2SPD 04-02-2017 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pgpatel2 (Post 7103249)
Ahh help me please!

Thanks

I would check for a leak in the exhaust system somewhere first. Maybe a crack somewhere, damage to the exhaust manifold. Maybe something got damaged while installing the new pipe further up in the exhaust pipe.