First encounter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
First encounter

So I ran into a ISF. The car was lowered and it sounded\looked pretty nice.

Ran him twice. First time off a roll for about half a block and was dead even. Second time was off the line and I hung dead even until he slowly started walking but Im not sure how wast we were going. Took some time for him to start walking me(probaby by the time we hit 4th)

I never went past the kick down button so I wasn't going all out you could say.

This section is kinda dead so I thought Id share. This was in my newly acquired 05 c55
Old 04-12-2017, 08:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 C55 AMG
The 0-60 times between the C55 and IS-F are identical however the IS-F has 40 HP and 400 pounds on you... eventually it will walk on, however slowly ;-)
Old 04-13-2017, 05:43 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2001 ML55 Designo, 2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
I wanted to post something similar regarding encounters similar to these. I sometimes find myself in these sort of situations. I'll be at a stop light, bam some dude my age pulls up in their car ( usually a ricer no offense ) and I assume they've seen the amg badge on my rear and I always just assume that they think I just badged it and it's really a c230. Light turns green, so they step on it a bit and they look at me....everytime I swear. I get a little cocky, and before they can even look back at the road, I'm 2 cars ahead. I love it. I know nowadays, most cars can hit 60 in the same time as my c32 but their car is usually newer, def more expensive l, and (IMO) less appealing. I get a kick that my depreciated unpopular car has more potential than most of the newer cars on the road and is ( again IMO ) better looking. (The w203 gets a bunch of hate for its looks but I think they're total sleepers)

Congrats on on your new 55, def gonna get me a true v8 in the future.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:45 AM

Received 105 Likes on 80 Posts
2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
I've found opening up the exhaust with no secondaries or resonator shuts most down from even trying. Ran a brand new Caddy V-Sport, which runs almost identical numbers as we do, but my 5 season old snow tires gave him a slight advantage. Caddy was silent, black and fast. I loved it.

On a deserted road in Mexico, of course.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
05 C55 AMG|04 C32 AMG (traded)|07 E350 - 4Matic|08 S450 - 4Matic|08 R550 - 4Matic|05 Boxster S
Originally Posted by Oshkoshbigjosh
I wanted to post something similar regarding encounters similar to these. I sometimes find myself in these sort of situations. I'll be at a stop light, bam some dude my age pulls up in their car ( usually a ricer no offense ) and I assume they've seen the amg badge on my rear and I always just assume that they think I just badged it and it's really a c230. Light turns green, so they step on it a bit and they look at me....everytime I swear. I get a little cocky, and before they can even look back at the road, I'm 2 cars ahead. I love it. I know nowadays, most cars can hit 60 in the same time as my c32 but their car is usually newer, def more expensive l, and (IMO) less appealing. I get a kick that my depreciated unpopular car has more potential than most of the newer cars on the road and is ( again IMO ) better looking. (The w203 gets a bunch of hate for its looks but I think they're total sleepers)

Congrats on on your new 55, def gonna get me a true v8 in the future.
Did something similar to one of those new Golf Rs recently (back when I had the 32). Bet he just pulled up and thought I was some idiot who slapped an AMG badge on.

Light turned green and he gunned it trying to pass and cut into my lane to make the on-ramp (he was trying to bypass the long line-up of people behind me, all trying to get to the on-ramp). Needless to say, I floored it. What I was surprised to see was that I completely walked him. On paper our cars only make slightly more power than his 349hp vs. 292hp (but I wonder how much of that 349hp I still have on that 13+ yr old motor vs. a brand new motor), not to mention he has power to all 4 wheels.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG
I love that feeling of having a sleeper, since our cars do not have that same differentiating look the AMG's started to get with the w204's. Many similar situations with people in their civic/rsx where I just kill them after toying with them for the first 100/200 feet.

The best feeling one so far was downtown Calgary on a weekend (empty streets here) and pulled up beside a brand new RQ7 that we were dead even for about 4 blocks before the next red. When we stopped he looked over at the car again up and down then looked at me and gave me that look of "holy ****, was not expecting that, very nice"
Old 04-13-2017, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
I get more of that in my 5.4 swapped c43

My 203 has the big brake kit so Im sure most people get the idea as soon as they look over. This guy didn't hesitate for a second. As soon as I pulled up to him we went for it lol
Old 04-13-2017, 03:43 PM

2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
Originally Posted by Maffu313
Did something similar to one of those new Golf Rs recently (back when I had the 32). Bet he just pulled up and thought I was some idiot who slapped an AMG badge on.

Light turned green and he gunned it trying to pass and cut into my lane to make the on-ramp (he was trying to bypass the long line-up of people behind me, all trying to get to the on-ramp). Needless to say, I floored it. What I was surprised to see was that I completely walked him. On paper our cars only make slightly more power than his 349hp vs. 292hp (but I wonder how much of that 349hp I still have on that 13+ yr old motor vs. a brand new motor), not to mention he has power to all 4 wheels.
You had 57 more crank horsepower only being slowed down by one set of axles and a single diff. He has twice as much drag on the driveline, so his 292hp gets sapped more by the time it hits the pavement. Plus, those Rs are heavy pigs so he had very little advantage there too.

I would bet comparing 5-60mph runs would be worse than 0-60 runs as he doesn't have the torque down low like we do either.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
05 C55 AMG|04 C32 AMG (traded)|07 E350 - 4Matic|08 S450 - 4Matic|08 R550 - 4Matic|05 Boxster S
Originally Posted by L8 apex
You had 57 more crank horsepower only being slowed down by one set of axles and a single diff. He has twice as much drag on the driveline, so his 292hp gets sapped more by the time it hits the pavement. Plus, those Rs are heavy pigs so he had very little advantage there too.

I would bet comparing 5-60mph runs would be worse than 0-60 runs as he doesn't have the torque down low like we do either.
True, I never thought of it from that perspective, but, per the 'manufacturer spec sheet', they have very similar 0-60mph times as our cars.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 C32 AMG
They also had pretty good mileage/emissions on their spec sheets as well...
Old 04-13-2017, 05:10 PM

2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
Originally Posted by Kostas20
They also had pretty good mileage/emissions on their spec sheets as well...
What you did there, I saw it. /formerVWfanboi
Old 04-13-2017, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Maffu313

I get the same situations with German makes a lot of them like to pull up in their 2.0t Audis or vws..and I don't even look at them anymore lol

Earlier today I was going to the post office to pick up a package and on the way back there's this BMW that was trailing me. I couldn't make out if it was a m3 or a 330 CI because it was lowered and had a body kit. I found a really good spot to get ahead of the traffic and once I got to the stop light before everyone else I could see in my rear view mirror the dude is still back there swerving to catch up. Turns out it was just a 330 CI. Peasant lol jk

I also get the same crap with merging on the freeway, they try to gun it to try to "beat me" but it's really hard to compete. I've walked a couple challengers, chargers, (sxt and srt) and camaros trying to do the same. It's so funny because it looks so meaty that most would quiver in fear haha but in reality that car is too heavy to get a proper launch on me. Sure they'll end up flying by me at some point but I just walked them with out really trying in the first few seconds and to me that's what matters. Non car people will look at all these muscle cars that look so brawny and aggressive and literally praise their looks (they have good performance too but this is mbworld guys cmon) and the owners will completely ignore my little car just walk them . I'm just basking in my c32 glory guys so please ignore my ignorance haha
Old 04-13-2017, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kostas20
I love that feeling of having a sleeper, since our cars do not have that same differentiating look the AMG's started to get with the w204's. Many similar situations with people in their civic/rsx where I just kill them after toying with them for the first 100/200 feet.

The best feeling one so far was downtown Calgary on a weekend (empty streets here) and pulled up beside a brand new RQ7 that we were dead even for about 4 blocks before the next red. When we stopped he looked over at the car again up and down then looked at me and gave me that look of "holy ****, was not expecting that, very nice"
I have to put an emphasis on the sleeper pov. A stock c32/c55 will do damage to a modded ricer....it's amazing. No fart cans or sick stickerz. Plain old w203 will just pulverize most cars on the road today.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
E55 AMG (SOLD), EvoSport CLK (SOLD), 2013 GsxR 750 (SOLD)
Depending on the mods of those ISF's, they can go fast.
Ran one with my W211 and the dude was by my rear quarter panel the entire time for over a mile (freeway). Must have gone 140+.

Prior to the run, I was over here thinking... "haha. Let me lose him real quick." Didn't happen. LoL.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C55 AMG
This happens all the time in the DMV area. Especially in Maryland in the country....I destroyed a e36M3 and he was modded lol. I have a muffler delete and my 'victory lap' after he flashed me from behind at 146 mph was 3rd gear backfires haha the pops and crackles are so loud I must shoot Fire or I dream of it XD I got walked by an infinit red sport but I was in Comfort mode and all my windows including the sunroof were open... I dont care about who is faster more about who sounds the best reaching speed