C55 Starting Issue - Won’t Fire Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 10:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C55 - 2005
C55 Starting Issue - Won’t Fire Up

Hello,

Several days ago, my ‘05 C55 threw a “Battery Alternator Visit Workshop” error message when I started my car. Later in the day and just five miles from home, my car failed to crank after a brief shut down.

A friend helped jump the car and it ran fine until the last two miles from home, where it went into limp mode before stalling out.

Another jump failed to get the car started so I had a new battery charged up and installed hoping to fix a supposed alternator issue once I got home - but the problem persisted.

So far, the car cranks and the engine is turning over but won’t fire up. I can smell fuel when cranking and have checked fuel pump related relay and fuses.

Similar issues seem to indicate CPS or crankshaft position sensor failure, but I have NO error or check engine light present, the engine is cold and has not given me starting issues prior to the battery running on low voltage.

Any possible fix before I call a tow truck to my mechanic?

Thank you for reading.

Summary:
1) Battery Alternator error message
2) Car failed to start later in day
3) Jump start allowed car to run several miles
4) Car died while running and would not fire up second time with jump (starter is engaged and engine is turning over, can smell fuel)
5) New (CHARGED) battery installed, but outcome same as 4)