C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32AMG flickering dash lights when drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w203 2001 silver c32AMG
C32AMG flickering dash lights when drive

Hi guys,i have a problem with fluckering dashboard lights when i drive,when idle ir stop is ok lights.First i change my voltage regulator to new because when i power windows dash light flick when up or down. So i change to new VR and now is sick,fluckering light when drive and no flicker when power windows. Any have this problem with new VR. Alternator at battery terminalas shows 14.1V so charge is good.i have no idea whats wrong
Old 07-29-2018, 06:20 PM

W203 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by SilverQum
Hi guys,i have a problem with fluckering dashboard lights when i drive,when idle ir stop is ok lights.First i change my voltage regulator to new because when i power windows dash light flick when up or down. So i change to new VR and now is sick,fluckering light when drive and no flicker when power windows. Any have this problem with new VR. Alternator at battery terminalas shows 14.1V so charge is good.i have no idea whats wrong
You should try uploading a video, which would give us a better idea of what it really is. It could be a small fuse in the fuse box in the hood, or a bad light bulb in your cluster. Btw do you have C55 AMG or a C32? I'm pretty sure it's harder to replace the cluster lights on the C55 than the C32.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:20 AM

w203 2001 silver c32AMG
so i make a video whats is wrong , and noticed when drive also when power windows the motor make unconstat noise same as flickering... sic... all happen when new VR is instaled in alternator. i go to car electric and they told me 3 guys look at car and from the voltage alternator is ok, but this things happen when i drive ;/ not idle. Strange thing happen and i dont know what to look. probably i buy new VR and check or go to MB to search the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUMi...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-03-2018, 11:42 AM

W203 C55 AMG
so i make a video whats is wrong , and noticed when drive also when power windows the motor make unconstat noise same as flickering... sic... all happen when new VR is instaled in alternator. i go to car electric and they told me 3 guys look at car and from the voltage alternator is ok, but this things happen when i drive ;/ not idle. Strange thing happen and i dont know what to look. probably i buy new VR and check or go to MB to search the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUMi...ature=youtu.be
Looks like your LCD screen panel seems a little worn out and faded at the bottom. It could either be connection error from there or a cable. I'd check out all the fuses before trying anything else though.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:32 PM

w203 2001 silver c32AMG
Yes is faded but actual in Poland is over 30 degre heat. So in normal temperature display is ok. Only pulsate is when i drive i check the fuses today and all looks fine. I think this new VR is damaged. I look under hood and other issue may be there and connected to VR my acesories belt is vibrating when idle and more shakin when rpm increase. I noticed my crank pulley wobble and tensioner take it but vibrating/ shaking belt its something new to me. Damn
Old 08-03-2018, 12:57 PM

W203 C55 AMG
Yes is faded but actual in Poland is over 30 degre heat. So in normal temperature display is ok. Only pulsate is when i drive i check the fuses today and all looks fine. I think this new VR is damaged. I look under hood and other issue may be there and connected to VR my acesories belt is vibrating when idle and more shakin when rpm increase. I noticed my crank pulley wobble and tensioner take it but vibrating/ shaking belt its something new to me. Damn
May I ask where you have gotten your VR?
Old 08-03-2018, 03:59 PM

w203 2001 silver c32AMG
sure it Hucko aka Hitachi for OE Valeo https://www.trodo.eu/alternator-regulator-h-co-130734
Old 08-03-2018, 04:13 PM

W203 C55 AMG
sure it Hucko aka Hitachi for OE Valeo https://www.trodo.eu/alternator-regulator-h-co-130734
Strange. It might not be OEM, but seems like a sturdy product. Did you get it used?
Old 08-03-2018, 04:15 PM

w203 2001 silver c32AMG
Nope, its brand new with 5year warranty. 14.1V when idle at battery terminals and with higher rpm same 14.1 no drops
Old 08-03-2018, 04:21 PM

W203 C55 AMG
Nope, its brand new with 5year warranty. 14.1V when idle at battery terminals and with higher rpm same 14.1 no drops
I've done some digging, and I've found the same issue on non-AMG cars. Replacing the battery seemed to do the trick, if you haven't done so. If that doesn't work, it looks like you are having a wiring issue. If that doesn't work. I would have a professional have a professional look into it, but If I were you, I'd try to avoid the speakership as much as I can as its going to be costly.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:27 PM

w203 2001 silver c32AMG
Thanks. ill check battery, so i swap it from my SLK should work well its a brand new also, then i go to the service to lift up car and check wirings. and if that not work i probably end up with new alternator ... some cost be generated but sleep well then.When i find solution shere here meyby it help.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:48 PM

w203 2001 silver c32AMG
Hi guys,i ended this problem by rebuild/renew alternator.All electronic in car are good,wires,contacts,plugs. They say worn out of the shaft in alternator and they use old VR says its better.hope this help someone in future.