C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Weird rubbling

Old 09-09-2018, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes benz c200 kompressor w203 2001
Weird rubbling

My engine been switched off for 4 hours now and if I put my hand on the car it feels like it's idling.
but lifted the bonnet and put my hand on top of the supercharger and can feel a vibration put my ear to it but can hardly hear anything.
bit strange but need help as does seem engine is idling but not on and no sound also my engine management light has come on the day before.
my car is a Mercedes benz c200 kompressor w203 2001 reg
Old 09-11-2018, 02:28 AM

W203 C55 AMG
My best guess is that the engine is “dieseling”. This means that superheated carbon in the cylinders is allowing gasoline to continue to be combusted after the ignition is shut off, although the combustion is very uneven. While I would not describe the sound of a “dieseling” engine as “rumbling”, descriptions of sounds are very individual. Another clue to dieseling is very foul exhaust fumes while this phenomenon is taking place.

You could also use an OBD II scanner to check the troubling codes, which should indicate the problem.

Here's something similar to your problem:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/530448-m271-idle-noise-rattle-video-please-help.html
Old 09-11-2018, 02:42 AM

Mercedes benz c200 kompressor w203 2001
Strange rubbling

After engine shut off there is still vibration from the engine for some time after, been told on here could be diseling but there is no sound so no continuous combustion so now stratching my head.
got a diagnostic machine being delivered today.
also I've got a new MAF coming this week so hopefully find what the problem is.
but wasn't a problem until I filled up at a different petrol station then 15 miles down the road the engine management light came on and the problems started
Old 09-11-2018, 02:49 AM

W203 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Rueben M
After engine shut off there is still vibration from the engine for some time after, been told on here could be diseling but there is no sound so no continuous combustion so now stratching my head.
got a diagnostic machine being delivered today.
also I've got a new MAF coming this week so hopefully find what the problem is.
but wasn't a problem until I filled up at a different petrol station then 15 miles down the road the engine management light came on and the problems started
Btw, you should try the non-AMG section for some extra help, as that section is more active than the w203 AMG section.