City light bulb removal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 08:38 AM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
City light bulb removal?

Hey Guys,

I swapped out my H7 bulbs w/ a set of Phillips this morning. I thought that would take care of the yellow lights than run w/ the xenon, but then I realized those are the high beam bulbs. I’d like to remove the city light beneath the high beams although they’re in there tight.

Is there a specific way to remove these bulbs? I’m not trying to yank on the wires like some do. There seems to be a little tab on the bottom. It does not appear to twist out like the 210/208 series? Such a tight space on these cars!! Any insight would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited by RPB; 09-28-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:10 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Alright, I had to get a little creative and hope this will help out others down the road. I noticed there was an indent beneath the city bulb housing, it is impossible to get your finger in between to pull out. I found my modified metal hanger I used in the past to pull out clusters and it did the trick. I included a picture of it and all you have to do it take the smaller curved end and insert in that indent a pull out hard. It took me a few tries on both sides. The bulb is in there tight if it has never been removed before!!!

I hope this helps!

Last edited by RPB; 09-28-2018 at 01:12 PM.