C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

help with electrical connectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 11:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
04 C32 AMG (sadly sold), 05 CLK55 Cab, 08 R350 4Matic, 15 GLA250 (sadly bought), 75 VW Westfalia
help with electrical connectors

I've got a dashboard fuse panel with a burnt-out connector so I'm attempting to swap a salvaged panel in for mine, assumed the burn pretty much wasted the whole panel's safety (pic 1). There are two types of connections to the panel, the colored power take off fittings that plug into the panel, and the wires that go directly into the panel itself (pic 2), of which there are 5; those latter ones are the ones I'm trying to figure out how to either back-out, or find the correct crimp-on connectors and go that route. Any thoughts? I actually went to the local dealership to see if they could help (cough-cough MB Bloomfield Hills) - who's notoriously enthusiast-hostile (because they're knowledgeable and harder to BS) - and they said there's a special tool for removing the connector from the panel that they'd have to order but didn't have time to deal with it so they said they'd text me back. Right.

Thanks.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
04 C32 AMG (sadly sold), 05 CLK55 Cab, 08 R350 4Matic, 15 GLA250 (sadly bought), 75 VW Westfalia
And as a follow-up question: is there any reason I can't take a power take-off connector, hook it up to the wire going into the burnt one, and connect it at some other slot on the panel (as long as I noted this in the fuse diagram)? Isn't it just like a home circuit-breaker board, where the order/location of the breaker on the panel doesn't matter?