C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C240 to C32 AMG engine swap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C240
C240 to C32 AMG engine swap?

Hi guys, so I'm going into a trade school next year to get my automotive technician certification and I need a car to work on while I'm there. I currently own an '04 C240, and was tossing around the idea of selling and buying a car with more aftermarket support. My dad had the idea that maybe I could engine swap the C32 AMG engine into the 240, as it would allow me to keep the car that I love and have already put quite a bit of work into it. Do you all think it would be worth it/is it feasible? I would be picking the engine out of a pick and pull but I'd make sure there was no damage to the engine components. Any help is appreciated!
Old 03-30-2020, 03:52 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 S55 AMG Designo, (sold)2001 ML55 Designo, (sold)2004 C32 AMG, RIP 2005 Volvo s40 2.4i
you would have to swap over so many parts aside from the engine, trans, and ecu. All the little things would add up. I would just look into getting an actual C32 while they’re still cheap. If you really want to commit to the project you can probably get a wrecked one from Copart for under 2000 and swap a bunch of stuff but it’ll be a long and tedious project but that might just be what you’re looking for.

an idea of what you would need aside from the 3 things I mentioned would be the suspension for that sporty feel, brakes, wheels (I think your stock wheels are 16’ and run a smaller tire than a C32), driveshaft, differential, interior (a lot nicer than a C240’s unless you really like your interior), cluster (unless you’re ok with using your stock one), fuel system, and more stuff I’m forgetting.

The C32 is a very basic performance car so it’s not a bad idea to want to swap the drivetrain to your 240. It’ll be fast but all the things that the engineers at Amg did to perfect the 32 won’t be in your 240 if you don’t swap over the rest of the stuff that makes the C32 a C32.

Or you can skip all of this and get a C55