Carlsson Quad Exhaust on C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK63 Black Series
Carlsson Quad Exhaust on C32

finally got it put on.. some glitches but not too bad. it will be smoothed out later. The tips on the left side stick out more then the right side.

In this pic.. it's more apparent that the left side sticks out more then the right side, however it will be fixed when they remove the resonator.

under body:

A fellow board member's C32 (Vimzin) and mine.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:06 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
looks sweet, man! how does it sound? and how much is it if you don't mind telling.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
very nice amg bred, love that quad look..
Old 08-10-2004, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by FrankW
looks sweet, man! how does it sound? and how much is it if you don't mind telling.
It sounds really good, which is why i was hesitant about removing the resonator without listening to the exhaust first. It definately has a deeper sound after 2nd gear.. and when you get on it from a roll start.. you can tell a difference.

Unfortunately as for pricing, you will have to talk to Harris directly.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by BrabusClK04
very nice amg bred, love that quad look..
Thanks bro. I just received my set for the CLK as well.. it will be put on next week.. If i knew sooner it was going to come in today, i would have got 'em both done today on my day off from work. Oh well, got to wait one more week.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glitches??? TJ, pls send me an e-mail and tell me about it......

The left tips need to be cut.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG Bred

did u cut the rear bumper to fit the quad system? I mean how did the right hand "lot" of the quad fit into the bumper?
Old 08-10-2004, 02:20 AM

C 32 AMG (203.065)
I definitly need do the same.. good work man.. looks wicked!
Old 08-10-2004, 07:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Harris
Glitches??? TJ, pls send me an e-mail and tell me about it......

The left tips need to be cut.
Harris, I meant glitches in the install not in the product, as in the Exhaust tip on the left side stick out too much and They didn't cut it as per instructions.. but they said they will take care of it when I decide to take of the resonator.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Jon200
AMG Bred

did u cut the rear bumper to fit the quad system? I mean how did the right hand "lot" of the quad fit into the bumper?
Yeah, the Shop had to make an identitical cut out on the right side of the bumper same as the left side, same distance from the edge of the bumper.. they had to cut down the extension pipe in the center as per Harris's instructions.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:42 AM

2002 C32 AMG
AMG Bred: Looks Good

Hey AMG Bred, looks good.

I also purchased the Carlsson quad exhaust from Harris but have not installed it yet (I plan on doing it myself).

Anyway, you said in one of your responses that the shop removed some material from the extension pipe. Are you talking about the piece that runs behind the bumper? If so, do you know how much they had to remove. Harris never told me about this requirement!!

Also, do you have any closeups of the right hand cutout? This is my main concern, I don't want to fu@k-up a perfectly good bumper.

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2004, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by misu55

I also purchased the Carlsson quad exhaust from Harris but have not installed it yet (I plan on doing it myself).

Anyway, you said in one of your responses that the shop removed some material from the extension pipe. Are you talking about the piece that runs behind the bumper? If so, do you know how much they had to remove. Harris never told me about this requirement!!

Also, do you have any closeups of the right hand cutout? This is my main concern, I don't want to fu@k-up a perfectly good bumper.

Thanks!
Harris did mention it to me that it is required to cut a section of the extension pipe in order for it to fit the AMG bumper.. as you notice if you look at the center of the extension pipe, you will see a weld.. that's where they cut it.

http://members.***.net/tejanp/C32/IMG_3842.jpg

unfortunately i did not ask how much they cut off but as per Harris's instructions.. I believe it was a 1/4" section. I will get you close ups of the cut out soon.. the cut out isn't perfect yet on my car either.. it's sort of slopped on the left which is a glitch i need to fix out when my car goes in the body shop to get the C55 spoiler installed.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:24 AM

06 E55 current, M5 Sold, C32 Sold, 330xi Sold
The quad looks awsome... i talked to that guy about getting something done for me, but he was just being a tool about it.. cant wait to hear the quad on the CLK..
Old 08-10-2004, 11:26 AM

02 C32
Looks awesome!
Old 08-10-2004, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks!
Nick: please check on my e-mail to you on Apil 21, 2:53pm. The very first sentence I wrote "The modification needed are the right side cutouts as well as the shortening of the extension pipe. Other than that, it's a simple install....." I dont like to give my customers surprises.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:19 PM

2002 C32 AMG
I stand corrected, you did tell me. It didn't stick in my mind at the time I read it. How much needs to be cut?
Old 08-10-2004, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I stand corrected, you did tell me. It didn't stick in my mind at the time I read it. How much needs to be cut?
No problem.

The problem is the exhaust is not meant to work with AMG bumper. If you dont cut it, the right side cutout will look closer to the corner of the bumper than the left side. In order to balance out the two cutouts, just cut the extension pipe about 1/4".

As for the right side cutout, you can never do it right the first time. Just make sure you have a cutout big enough for the tips to show (but dont overcut it), then use a dremel and trim the edges nicer. Or if you are still afraid to screw up, get the 55 bumper.

Btw, I thought you said you have built a custom quad exhaust??? How come you never have to do the right side cutout???

Last edited by Harris; 08-10-2004 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Looks good

4 pipes =
Old 08-11-2004, 01:50 PM

clk 500 (wifey's); 350Z roadster (daily driver); 350Z coupe (track car)
Looks really good!!!!
I assume European Autowerks did the install - they must be the ultimate authority in installation of Carlsson quad exhausts by now!!!
Hope all goes smoothly with the CLK55.
Can't wait to see the pics!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by reserved
Looks really good!!!!
I assume European Autowerks did the install - they must be the ultimate authority in installation of Carlsson quad exhausts by now!!!
Hope all goes smoothly with the CLK55.
Can't wait to see the pics!
Yeah European Autowerks did the install.. however the guy who did the work wasn't so friendly.. he came off sort of stand off-ish.. i wouldn't go back to them if they weren't the only people in town who could install it.

Anywho, If you have time Tuesday, come stop by there and come check out the CLK, I am getting the quads installed then.