C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Is that Dr.C36's car 4 sale in the Autotrader...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Stg3 B5S4-C55 AMG
Is that Dr.C36's car 4 sale in the Autotrader...

Houston TX listings ?

I mean how many c36's can there be w/ a pulley + carbon dash add on ?

If so ...does this mean no more pulley ? I hope not. I was , and am ready to pull the trigger on one.

I noticed he hasn't posted in a while....Bueller . Bueller ?
Old 05-17-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124 E500
I asked him the same question in another forum, and yes that is his car. But he stated that the sale does not have any affect on the pulley project. He says that the pulley should be available in a few weeks.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1996 C36 AMG
Hello,

Of course its mine, what other C36 is making that kind of HP .

The pulley R&D has already been done and dynoed and is currently in production phase, it will be out very soon. This has nothing to do with the pulley.

I am selling the car due to a new job opportunity overseas, therefore I am selling the car before I leave in a few months. I hate to sell the car considering it is one of the best if not the best C36 example. The maintenance list is off the charts, has roughly $20k on maintenance records from Benz DEALER! this car is a real gem. I hate to sell but its not really up to me.

P.S. in the future you can just pm me and ask me directly like a normal person haha.

Take care boys, more updates coming soon.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:38 PM

1997 C36AMG
sorry to

hear you letting her go, but good luck on the new job, and hope to hear about DR.C36 buying another BENZ!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:36 PM

Stg3 B5S4-C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Dr. C36
Hello,

Of course its mine, what other C36 is making that kind of HP .

The pulley R&D has already been done and dynoed and is currently in production phase, it will be out very soon. This has nothing to do with the pulley.

I am selling the car due to a new job opportunity overseas, therefore I am selling the car before I leave in a few months. I hate to sell the car considering it is one of the best if not the best C36 example. The maintenance list is off the charts, has roughly $20k on maintenance records from Benz DEALER! this car is a real gem. I hate to sell but its not really up to me.

P.S. in the future you can just pm me and ask me directly like a normal person haha.

Take care boys, more updates coming soon.
To tell you the truth...I debated about it, but it raised a bit of a red flag for me.

I've been modding cars for 25 yrs so I've seen my fair share of performance parts that hit the scene then disappear leaving the owner holding the bag,myself included.

When I saw your car listed I had to wonder what you would be using for a long-term test mule. I appreciate you posting the Dyno results, but how are you going about testing for real world driving issues ? I don't know ...maybe you have another test vehicle.

Availability according to one of your posts was late May early June IIRC, so I was wondering how many miles and tests you've racked up since then.

Also, congratulations of the new job prospect overseas.....should you move, are you going to be " Hands-On" enough w/ consumer issues ?

Maybe you can follow-up w/ some more beta testing in regards to your pulley when you get a chance.

I don't mean to bust on you....but I'm just being cautiously optimistic.

I truly hope you get the pulley out to the market as I for one am looking forward to it ,but a single "dyno results" thread and...." I might be moving" leaves me wondering the products viability and warranty issues.

Either way.....I wish you good luck on everything and please don't take my view the wrong way. Its meant to be constructive. Your posts and threads are always helpful and appreciated.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1999 e55 (past), 2002 CLK55 (past), 2004 E55 (present), 2008 Z06
His ad...

Fastest C36 AMG in USA !!!! BRAND NEW OEM ITEMS !! Radiator Thermostat Water pump Coolant piping & hoses & Coolant as well Engine wiring harness ($2500 job)!! Headgasket replacement ($2500 job)!! Rear tires (95% left) Air Filter in airbox Oil Change + Oil Filter Engine Crank Seal Full Transmission service DONE, oil & filter)!! Engine fan & fan clutch Spark Plugs Valve Cover w/ silver powder coat ALL NEW GASKETS!! Full 3-stage detail job ($250 alone), Paint is smooth as glass!! NO accidents BRAND NEW Upgrades + Additions: Black Alcantara Suede Headliner!! JVC MP3 CD headunit !!! European spec clear corner lenses!! Newer AMG Smoke crystal tail lights $$ !! AMG license plate surround !! Carbon Fiber Gauges + Rings (VERY RARE! $$) High Performance Pulley Kit (20HP gain, total = 295HP+) 3M HP series tint, JUST INSTALLED, LIFETIME WARRANTY! AMG sport flat hood emblem !! Updated AMG Avantgarde Grille!! Special Edition AMG plaque Updated AMG Emblem on valve cover This 1996 C36 AMG is officially THE BEST Maintained C36 you will ever find anywhere. Over $20k+ in DOCUMENTED MB Dealer repairs!! The car spent all its life in California. I purchased it and brought it to TX. It has NEVER seen snow (ZERO RUST, see pics). Meticulously Maintained! Previous performance all maintenance & repairs AT MERCEDES DEALERSHIP. Adult owned its whole life. Garage Kept, I literally have an entire binder of Mercedes Benz dealership receipts!! I have never seen such a high quality maintenance record EVER from any car I have ever owned. I too condtinued this trend. I CHALLENGE you to find ANY C36 out there with this level of documentation. IT DOES NOT EXIST (It took me 9 months of searching to find this C36, most of the C36s are in terrible shape and have ZERO maintenance history!!). DO NOT get stuck buying a C36 without the proper documentation, its a trap that could prove to be a very expensive mistake ($3000+)!! (no

This guy is so prone to hyperbole it is unbelievable....
Old 05-21-2008, 05:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by jordanst2
His ad...

Fastest C36 AMG in USA !!!! BRAND NEW OEM ITEMS !! Radiator Thermostat Water pump Coolant piping & hoses & Coolant as well Engine wiring harness ($2500 job)!! Headgasket replacement ($2500 job)!! Rear tires (95% left) Air Filter in airbox Oil Change + Oil Filter Engine Crank Seal Full Transmission service DONE, oil & filter)!! Engine fan & fan clutch Spark Plugs Valve Cover w/ silver powder coat ALL NEW GASKETS!! Full 3-stage detail job ($250 alone), Paint is smooth as glass!! NO accidents BRAND NEW Upgrades + Additions: Black Alcantara Suede Headliner!! JVC MP3 CD headunit !!! European spec clear corner lenses!! Newer AMG Smoke crystal tail lights $$ !! AMG license plate surround !! Carbon Fiber Gauges + Rings (VERY RARE! $$) High Performance Pulley Kit (20HP gain, total = 295HP+) 3M HP series tint, JUST INSTALLED, LIFETIME WARRANTY! AMG sport flat hood emblem !! Updated AMG Avantgarde Grille!! Special Edition AMG plaque Updated AMG Emblem on valve cover This 1996 C36 AMG is officially THE BEST Maintained C36 you will ever find anywhere. Over $20k+ in DOCUMENTED MB Dealer repairs!! The car spent all its life in California. I purchased it and brought it to TX. It has NEVER seen snow (ZERO RUST, see pics). Meticulously Maintained! Previous performance all maintenance & repairs AT MERCEDES DEALERSHIP. Adult owned its whole life. Garage Kept, I literally have an entire binder of Mercedes Benz dealership receipts!! I have never seen such a high quality maintenance record EVER from any car I have ever owned. I too condtinued this trend. I CHALLENGE you to find ANY C36 out there with this level of documentation. IT DOES NOT EXIST (It took me 9 months of searching to find this C36, most of the C36s are in terrible shape and have ZERO maintenance history!!). DO NOT get stuck buying a C36 without the proper documentation, its a trap that could prove to be a very expensive mistake ($3000+)!! (no

This guy is so prone to hyperbole it is unbelievable....
He's an absolute riot!!!!
Old 05-22-2008, 03:17 PM
Banned

1996 C36 AMG
Originally Posted by AMG140.6
To tell you the truth...I debated about it, but it raised a bit of a red flag for me.

I've been modding cars for 25 yrs so I've seen my fair share of performance parts that hit the scene then disappear leaving the owner holding the bag,myself included.

When I saw your car listed I had to wonder what you would be using for a long-term test mule. I appreciate you posting the Dyno results, but how are you going about testing for real world driving issues ? I don't know ...maybe you have another test vehicle.

Availability according to one of your posts was late May early June IIRC, so I was wondering how many miles and tests you've racked up since then.

Also, congratulations of the new job prospect overseas.....should you move, are you going to be " Hands-On" enough w/ consumer issues ?

Maybe you can follow-up w/ some more beta testing in regards to your pulley when you get a chance.

I don't mean to bust on you....but I'm just being cautiously optimistic.

I truly hope you get the pulley out to the market as I for one am looking forward to it ,but a single "dyno results" thread and...." I might be moving" leaves me wondering the products viability and warranty issues.

Either way.....I wish you good luck on everything and please don't take my view the wrong way. Its meant to be constructive. Your posts and threads are always helpful and appreciated.

Not at all, the pulley has been torture tested and is guaranteed to work for the life of the vehicle. It comes with a lifetime warranty and its quality is far superior to the OEM pulley (which is honestly junk by comparison). Once you see it in person you will understand why it took so long to develope. This pulley has been 1.5 years in the making, you have nothing to worry about.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Banned

1996 C36 AMG
how in the world is that hyperbole? i have dynos to back everything up, I made 236HP on dynojet at the WHEELs, that comes out to exact 295 crank HP.

The car has $20K in receipts maintain DIRECTLY by the MB dealer and yet again I have pics to prove it. There isn't a better maintained C36 AMG in the USA. If you want to prove otherwise go ahead.... it doesn't exist. It has just had head gasket and wiring harness replaced and the car is literally basically brand spanking new, everything has been replaced and is new or almost new. I challenge you to prove anything I have stated to be wrong (good luck trying).
Old 05-22-2008, 03:27 PM

Stg3 B5S4-C55 AMG
Not at all, the pulley has been torture tested and is guaranteed to work for the life of the vehicle. It comes with a lifetime warranty and its quality is far superior to the OEM pulley (which is honestly junk by comparison). Once you see it in person you will understand why it took so long to develope. This pulley has been 1.5 years in the making, you have nothing to worry about.
Sounds good !

I'm in for one then., and thanks for getting back to me .

Cheers .
Old 05-22-2008, 03:36 PM

1999 e55 (past), 2002 CLK55 (past), 2004 E55 (present), 2008 Z06
Originally Posted by jordanst2
His ad...

Okay, i'll play along just because this type of ***** bothers me on a personal level

Fastest C36 in the USA? haha have you inspected EVERY SINGLE ONE? Do you have a single timeslip?

295BHP? Really, have you done an engine dyno? Or are you calculating based on standardized figures of parasitic loss? And because you claim that your pulley reduces such loss wouldn't parasitic/drivetrain loss go down, thereby creating a small percentage and decreasing the figure for engine horsepower?

Best maintained C36 you will find anywhere? really??!? and what are you basing that on? have you inspected the maintenance records of every single other one imported to the US? The burden lies with you to prove this up

most of the C36s are in terrible shape and have ZERO maintenance history!!).
Again? based on what? most of the ones that you inspected or saw before buying??

You have a nice car and a cool piece of Mercedes history. Know that. But overselling makes people suspicious and based on your photos, is really unnecessary.

As far as your warranty for the pulley goes, how exactly are you going to honor it if you're in a different country? do you have insurance? money set aside.. please elaborate.

Last edited by jordanst2; 05-22-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:06 PM

1997 C36AMG
dude chill

he's trying to sell his car.. jut be mature about it and let it at that. c'mon..every man to his own i can say mine is the best Effing car in teh universe, that doesn't mean anything. whoever buys his car will want to see it for themeelves too. so yea
Old 05-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned

1996 C36 AMG
Yes I know b/c I literally search for 9 MONTHS to find this C36, all the C36s I saw were junk, they had either been in wrecks, had paintwork, were salvaged, had no maintenance records of any kind. of the 15+ C36s I was looking not a single owner could even provide a simple receipt (for proof) of the wiring harness or head gasket being replaced. As a whole, unfortunately, the C36s have been mostly forgotten and have not been properly maintained and have been driven very hard. Not only that but I would know better than anyone considering I have most of the C36 VINs out there since I run the only online C36 registry. I know exactly which C36s are where and what their VINs are and the works. I can back it up and I challange anyone to prove me wrong (be my guest, you are wasting your time). I can back it up, nobody else can. My name says it all.

nuff said.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Banned

1996 C36 AMG
Moderators, this thread has gone far enough. Close it.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Yes I know b/c I literally search for 9 MONTHS to find this C36, all the C36s I saw were junk, they had either been in wrecks, had paintwork, were salvaged, had no maintenance records of any kind. of the 15+ C36s I was looking not a single owner could even provide a simple receipt (for proof) of the wiring harness or head gasket being replaced. As a whole, unfortunately, the C36s have been mostly forgotten and have not been properly maintained and have been driven very hard. Not only that but I would know better than anyone considering I have most of the C36 VINs out there since I run the only online C36 registry. I know exactly which C36s are where and what their VINs are and the works. I can back it up and I challange anyone to prove me wrong (be my guest, you are wasting your time). I can back it up, nobody else can. My name says it all.

nuff said.
How about the C36 owners in Fla and NY ,have you seen those as well? There are some nice ones over here in NY. How can you speak for all of the C36's in the US? You gotta be kiddin me!!
That is basically what the poster is saying.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
1. You're not the original owner, so you don't know how its really been maintained.

2. paying the dealer $20,000 in maintenance doesn't mean its the best maintained, it means that you had a lot of **** break.

3. 295 crank power is the fastest c36 in America? Impressive that an increase of 19hp (276 on 97) is that much to boast about.

4. Talk without proof is bull****. Go buy a shovel.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:51 AM

'98 C43 AMG. Obsidian Blk w/2 tone slvr/blk interior
man you guys are pretty gay, let the man sell his car. to tell you the truth if i were looking for a C36 i would def be interested in seeing that someone took care of the head gasket (and along with it the harness and other gaskets, a 3000+ job which HAS to be done on these I6 motors usually around 100-120k miles).

pretty much hating on his car because he takes care of it and youre rolling around with patches of oxidized paint and ****.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 AM

Hey DR.

Any chance you could fill me in on the specs regarding the suede headliner? you know cost, labor, parts etc etc.... where to buy....
Old 05-23-2008, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Some of you fellas are almost comical. Personally, if I were browsing around for a C36, the one most extensively maintained would catch my attention. So what if the guy claims it to be "the fastest C36" in the US? Have you never browsed auto ads before...it's all hype to separate one advertisement from the next; getting your panties in a twist over this is a waste of nerves. Some of you are almost rabid in attacking this claim, and I can't help but laugh at this.

"Have you inspected every one? Huh? Well?"

Allow me to repeat myself; these are just key phrases thrown in to make his advertisement stand out from the rest. Any sane buyer will have the car inspected pre-purchase, as they should for a car of that age. To attack such rudimentary marketing tactics is almost silly. Sigh...and I thought the niche subforums were more civil.

For the record though, I believe the fastest C36 is the TT one.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by pointman
1. You're not the original owner, so you don't know how its really been maintained.

2. paying the dealer $20,000 in maintenance doesn't mean its the best maintained, it means that you had a lot of **** break.

3. 295 crank power is the fastest c36 in America? Impressive that an increase of 19hp (276 on 97) is that much to boast about.

4. Talk without proof is bull****. Go buy a shovel.
1. Valid point, should have been clarified in the advertisement.

2. No, it means a good portion of components were already replaced. This is good news, because any future owner can rest assured that these are fresh OEM parts that they won't have to bust their wallets replacing.

3. It's advertising. If you were to point out every single inconsistency in automotive ads...you'd be quite the busy man.

4. Completely agreed. I was just surprised at how savagely some of these guys attacked a dude out of nowhere. He wasn't necessarily falsely advertising the condition of the car, nor was he posting grossly false power claims and nor is he selling the car at an inflated price because of such. I acknowledge that some clarifications in his advertisement are needed, but nothing suggesting such an attack.

I personally don't know, have there been issues with him on W202 AMG forum before to warrant this?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:03 PM

that TT c36 is awesome... but its hardly a c36 anymore as much as it is a racecar...
Old 05-23-2008, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HLG600
1. Valid point, should have been clarified in the advertisement.

2. No, it means a good portion of components were already replaced. This is good news, because any future owner can rest assured that these are fresh OEM parts that they won't have to bust their wallets replacing.

3. It's advertising. If you were to point out every single inconsistency in automotive ads...you'd be quite the busy man.

4. Completely agreed. I was just surprised at how savagely some of these guys attacked a dude out of nowhere. He wasn't necessarily falsely advertising the condition of the car, nor was he posting grossly false power claims and nor is he selling the car at an inflated price because of such. I acknowledge that some clarifications in his advertisement are needed, but nothing suggesting such an attack.

I personally don't know, have there been issues with him on W202 AMG forum before to warrant this?
Point is, alot of claims are made. Hence me compiling them. Any one on its own would be passable.. perhaps. But when you get them all together it becomes laughable. Claiming it being the fastest cause a dozen or so horsepower bump is ridiculous.

And to the guy who says I am hater cause I have bad paint... please. Talk when you know. I own several cars all much newer.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:40 PM

and clearly it makes you an expert in the criticism of other peoples advertisement of the sale of their cars...
Old 05-23-2008, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SeeKlasse
and clearly it makes you an expert in the criticism of other peoples advertisement of the sale of their cars...
Hahaha what a sad sad post in rebuttle. Well done. We have differing opinions, no need to get all sad son.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:06 PM

i am quite saddened actually, and nigh inconsolable might i add. however, i am reassured by the fact that a fine new jersey specimen such as yourself has several "newer" cars all with good paint. congrats

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is that Dr.C36's car 4 sale in the Autotrader...