MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c43-amg-w202-47/)
-   -   For those with c32 brakes. Need input. (https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c43-amg-w202/539422-those-c32-brakes-need-input.html)

Super B 04-22-2014 09:58 PM

For those with c32 brakes. Need input.

So earlier today I bolted up some c32 rotors and calipers to check wheel clearance since I'm at the point of needing new tires. Now I'm at a crossroad. The 18x8 et33 stern wheels that are on the car hit the calipers. I shimmed it out with some Allen wrenches and looks like in need about an 7 mm spacer to gain 3mm of clearance to the caliper with my current wheels.

So here is the dilemma, I found some 10mm spacers for around $100 bucks, extended lugs will set me back another $35. I really feel these wheels are out of round and if I keep them I'm going to have them check and true'd. ~$150. They are a fake 3 piece looking wheel which I don't really care for with all the fake bolts which are just added weight. Im curious to you guys running spacers and lowering springs if your rubbing or not.

I need to make my mind up of going the spacer route or giving up on these wheels. They're a few of the guys on here running c32 rotor caliper combos what are you using for wheels and off set?

Thanks
Brandon

PJmak 04-23-2014 12:36 AM

A friend of mine has those brakes on his c36 and he has his stock monos. Dont think he has spacers...

jnolte 04-23-2014 01:41 AM

spacers are going to give you headaches on the front , don't do it

Super B 04-23-2014 07:04 PM

Hey pj are you sure those are the stock 17's? My 18's are pretty tight just curious what I need to be looking for. I know there are a couple guys on here running these brakes from there sigs but can't remember their names.

Super B 06-11-2014 01:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Scored up a set of 18 inch brabus mono V. Mounting up the vogtland springs, koni shocks and the c32 brembo's. While I'm at it figured I'd replace the wheel bearings/seals.

Quick question, what did you guys do with the brake pad sensors? The w202 are one wire and different style of end to what the brake pads in the caliper need. Looking online the pin style sensors for the c32 use two wires and two sensors? I've searched a bit and nobody really talks about it.

KJI3jflarryfe93 06-11-2014 01:30 PM

i bought the c32 wear sensors, however my brake kit is not installed yet.

did you get the genuine Brabus rims?
did they cost you a lot?

i don't think you will need any spacers for c32 calipers with those brabus rims
let us know how it works out

Super B 06-11-2014 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah genuine rims. :) got the whole set for 900 dollars. Plus a set of spigot rings (hub rings) for 20 bucks. 76mm to 66.56.

Yeah take a look at those sensors you bought most likely they have two wires and a different connector to the cars harness. The stock c36 takes only one sensor and one wire.

cm60k 06-11-2014 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Super B (Post 6070225)

Quick question, what did you guys do with the brake pad sensors? The w202 are one wire and different style of end to what the brake pads in the caliper need. Looking online the pin style sensors for the c32 use two wires and two sensors? I've searched a bit and nobody really talks about it.

You remind me about "6" years ago..:p:,,

the best sensor you can find is the one from Vito/Sprinter, # "901 540 00 17"

Attachment 288756

ZAYED,,

Super B 06-11-2014 04:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You are the man zayed! That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a ton for helping out, it's awesome to have a forum and guys that know their stuff to help out the ones that are still learning.

It's all about the details.. Like having to drill the hub and tap it for the rotor retaining screw. Or the sensor issue. Everything you read about the brembo brake swap says all this stuff just bolts on and it does mostly. But then you get there and find out the things you didn't know :)

cm60k 06-11-2014 04:31 PM

Completely agree...:),,

all says; PLUG & PLAY, but never mention those pity tiny things, especially sensors..!,

i know some guys give-up, deleting the brake-light on the dashboard, which is a wrong move...:nix:!?!

ZAYED,,

nd4spd13 06-11-2014 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Super B (Post 6070483)
You are the man zayed! That is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a ton for helping out, it's awesome to have a forum and guys that know their stuff to help out the ones that are still learning.

It's all about the details.. Like having to drill the hub and tap it for the rotor retaining screw. Or the sensor issue. Everything you read about the brembo brake swap says all this stuff just bolts on and it does mostly. But then you get there and find out the things you didn't know :)

So W203s don't have the rotor retaining screw?? Interesting. I never really did get the point of them tough. It seems it's just a convenience so that the rotor doesn't become misaligned when you take the wheel off.

cm60k 06-11-2014 05:17 PM

No, W203 got retaining screw either, (but in different place in W202 hub),

should to drill another hole to match the hole in the W203 Rotor...:rolleyes:

ZAYED,,

Super B 06-11-2014 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah like zayed said. the rotor retaining bolt is further out on the hub. Just used the drill press to counter sink the hole the same size as the rotor about ~3mm then drill and tap the 6mm for the retaining bolt. I suppose you don't have to have it. But it sure is nice to keep the rotor in place when trying to align the lug bolts.

You also have to drill and tap the caliper for the w202 larger sensor connector retaining bolt. It's 8mm x1.25

Super B 06-11-2014 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Confirmed brabus mono v fit over 4 piston brembo calipers

cm60k 06-11-2014 06:50 PM

:y......:zoom:

ZAYED,,

nd4spd13 06-11-2014 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Super B (Post 6070604)

Lookin' good!

KJI3jflarryfe93 06-12-2014 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Super B (Post 6070604)

that's nice, I don't have to worry about clearence anymore

is it tight between spoke and caliper housing or do you have a few MM to spare?
maybe you can slide your Gold plastic card in between?

did you put the left caliper on right side hub and the opposite on the other side?

Super B 06-12-2014 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by kowalski (Post 6071028)
that's nice, I don't have to worry about clearence anymore is it tight between spoke and caliper housing or do you have a few MM to spare? maybe you can slide your Gold plastic card in between? did you put the left caliper on right side hub and the opposite on the other side?

Yeah, fits great. I can measure it later if you want but there is a good 5mm plus of gap between caliper and wheel. Plenty of room.

No there was no need for that. Unlike the 6 piston calipers that have different sizes of pistons. These 4 piston calipers have the same size pistons all around. In reality they are just like the stock calipers only bigger.. And the rotor is bigger. Next mod will be a sl600 m/c (another big thanks to cm60k and Ausmbtech for all the info on those)

Does a sub 300 hp car need all this breaking? Probably not... but it's a lot of fun.. And hell why not?

cm60k 06-12-2014 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Super B (Post 6071640)
In reality they are just like the stock calipers only bigger.. And the rotor is bigger. Next mod will be a sl600 m/c (another big thanks to cm60k and Ausmbtech for all the info on those)

Does a sub 300 hp car need all this breaking? Probably not... but it's a lot of fun.. And hell why not?

+1....:zoom:

ZAYED,,

nd4spd13 06-12-2014 05:30 PM

You're just giving yourself the leeway for more power later. Braking before power :y

KJI3jflarryfe93 06-13-2014 01:32 AM

Yeah, fits great. I can measure it later if you want but there is a good 5mm plus of gap between caliper and wheel. Plenty of room.

No there was no need for that. Unlike the 6 piston calipers that have different sizes of pistons. These 4 piston calipers have the same size pistons all around. In reality they are just like the stock calipers only bigger.. And the rotor is bigger. Next mod will be a sl600 m/c (another big thanks to cm60k and Ausmbtech for all the info on those)

hey bro

last time i checked my new w203 AMG calipers, one of their pistons were of a different size, i don't remember if it was the front or rear piston being a bit smaller than the other?
there is a slight difference i piston size on these calipers

DRBC43AMG 06-13-2014 09:53 AM

I think this is true and you need to respect the position of the pistons for the best braking effect. Smaller piston first perhaps?

Super B 06-13-2014 10:36 AM

Hmm well I'll take a second look when I get home. Measure it up and see what's going down.

KJI3jflarryfe93 06-13-2014 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Super B (Post 6072289)
Hmm well I'll take a second look when I get home. Measure it up and see what's going down.

look at my pics

one of the slides shows piston smaller than the other

Super B 06-13-2014 01:07 PM

For sure.. Well thanks for the heads up fellas. Learning even more, pretty soon I've have a clue as to what I'm doing. :) As soon as I'm done slaving away for the man I'll take take a closer look. Good news, the #5 front and #4 rear pads came in today along with the sprinter brake sensors.