C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Flash and beep

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2021, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Flash and beep

Some time back I had to change the alarm siren due to a dead battery, but I guess after 20 years life it's something which is normal.

The new one makes my blinkers flash once when unlocking together with a beep. When closing it makes three flashes and three beeps.

How do I disable the beeping. The old one didn't do it and I prefer it that way. I looked in my diagnostic program but couldn't find anything to silence the beeps. Do I need Star perhaps to specifically code it to "off" to do this?

Last edited by DRBC43AMG; 04-10-2021 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:22 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
C43 AMG with a tune up
I would let the beep signal stay ON otherwise you could forget to lock your car.

There are skilled car thieves with electronic gadgets who can jam your alarm system when you lock with remote, you may think your car i locked and walk away maybe to shop around in the city?
Bandits jams the signal between your remote and your car letting you think your car is locked, which is not.
After a few hours when you come back to pick up your car, thieves searched your car inside and stole everything that has a value or they stole your car?
Sh*t could happen if you are not careful where you park and forget to check and pull all 4 door handles if your car is really locked or not?
In shopping mall underground parking areas there are lots of people walking around parked cars, one of them people could just be the car thief with a jammer?

Best thing is to leave the Beep Beep signal alone and be happy with it.
It's a safety device.

Old 04-12-2021, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
All the 202s I had would make three flashes when locking and one flash when unlocking but there has never been any beeping. Same for my 203
Old 04-12-2021, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quick research tells me it needs to be done via SDS or take the car to the dealer.

"When unlocking or locking the vehicle with the SmartKey an acoustic signal sounds. the acoustic signal is activated at the factory. If you wish to deactivate the feature, or adjust its signal volume, contact an authorized Mercedes-Benz Center."
Old 04-12-2021, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not sure what car this applies to but its worth a shot

"The sound horn is a locking feature. When you lock your car with the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter, your horn beeps as confirmation that your vehicle is locked. If you find the sound horn annoying or disruptive, you can disable it in one of the following ways.
  1. If your car comes equipped with the electronic vehicle information center (EVIC) system, simply use that system to disable the sound horn.
  2. If your car does not come equipped with the EVIC system, you can disable the sound horn with your key fob. To do this, press and hold the lock button on your key fob for at least four seconds. Then, while still holding down the lock button, press and hold the panic button. Release both buttons, and the sound horn will be disabled. To enable the sound horn again, simply repeat this process."
Try this also:

"On lots of cars you may also be able to do it on the fob itself.

To deactivate the horn honk feature, you could try pressing both the lock and unlock buttons on your remote for two seconds. Watch for the hazard lights to flash three times. Lock the doors and confirm that the horn does not sound.

If you want to reactivate the horn honk feature you could trying pressing and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote for at least two seconds. Watch for the hazard lights to flash once. The horn should honk one time."
Old 04-13-2021, 05:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Originally Posted by PJmak
Not sure what car this applies to but its worth a shot

"The sound horn is a locking feature. When you lock your car with the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter, your horn beeps as confirmation that your vehicle is locked. If you find the sound horn annoying or disruptive, you can disable it in one of the following ways.
  1. If your car comes equipped with the electronic vehicle information center (EVIC) system, simply use that system to disable the sound horn.
  2. If your car does not come equipped with the EVIC system, you can disable the sound horn with your key fob. To do this, press and hold the lock button on your key fob for at least four seconds. Then, while still holding down the lock button, press and hold the panic button. Release both buttons, and the sound horn will be disabled. To enable the sound horn again, simply repeat this process."
Try this also:

"On lots of cars you may also be able to do it on the fob itself.

To deactivate the horn honk feature, you could try pressing both the lock and unlock buttons on your remote for two seconds. Watch for the hazard lights to flash three times. Lock the doors and confirm that the horn does not sound.

If you want to reactivate the horn honk feature you could trying pressing and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote for at least two seconds. Watch for the hazard lights to flash once. The horn should honk one time."
Thanks mate!

I'll try the last option mentioned as I don't have the EVIC system, whatever that is..., and the key fob doesn't have the panic button. I think that was a N. American option.

Keep you posted asap and when I get out to the garage
Old 04-13-2021, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Update;
Tried the hold two buttons for several seconds and wait for light to blink. No way. Doesn't want to work.
I'll ask the dealer next week what he can do when the vehicle is in for its periodic emissions test.
Just had an idea... I wonder if something is explained in the WIS. I'll check that out tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2021, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
I could be wrong, but i think fob key reset only for:-

doors & windows & roof locking/unlocking, not for siren or security system, (at least with non-U.S version)..!!,,

horns also is a part of siren system, but depends to the car spec., and AKA/code saved in comfort control module..

-;ZAYED;-
Old 04-16-2021, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi Zayed, hope all is fine with you

Can you please explain what and where is the comfort control module?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2021, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey Daniel,

everything goes well so far..,,

comfort module located besides battery in trunk, or under rear seat (driver side),

depend to your nice "T-Rex" production line..

this comfort module controls & handling almost all electronic functions, including siren system,,

but should to use STAR/SDS, to see if your comfort module has a coding for siren system or not..

-;-ZAYED-;-
The following users liked this post:
DRBC43AMG (04-17-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Could he just get a us spec one?

I think I read somewhere that the alarm sound is enabled based on region.

Are these modules interchangeable between cars?
Old 04-16-2021, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There're multiple part #s of this comfort module,

and part #s are not the measure if it for "U.S" or any other models, it depends to the coding that saved in the module,

can't assure if key flash/beep caused by comfort module,

must to figure out what codes saved in comfort module, and what's enable & disable of security/key/siren system that saved in EIS as well..!!,,

STAR/SDS must to be used to narrow this..

-;-ZAYED-;-
Old 04-17-2021, 05:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cm60k
Hey Daniel,

everything goes well so far..,,

comfort module located besides battery in trunk, or under rear seat (driver side),

depend to your nice "T-Rex" production line..

this comfort module controls & handling almost all electronic functions, including siren system,,

but should to use STAR/SDS, to see if your comfort module has a coding for siren system or not..

-;-ZAYED-;-
Thanks Zayed,
As "T-Rex" is going into the dealer Tuesday for it's periodic emissions control (mandatory every 2 years for these older vehicles), I'll ask them to check it out and cut off the beep.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As an update, the dealer told me that the beep option cannot be turned off. Something to do with newer siren units. Oh well, guess I'll have to learn to live with it.
Otherwise the dealer said he had not seen such a good looking C43. In fact he said they had never seen a C43 in for any work since many years. Guess they are becoming a rare species....