C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

C43 amg window mirror seat issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 09:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
C43 amg window mirror seat issue

Alright I'm new to the forum and need some answers. I'm an owner of a 98 c43 silver with black silver interior i bought during the pass summer, and I'm starting to build it up as a nice daily car i intended it to be. So far i ordered the h&r, and Bilstein suspension things i need and did a engine tune up with NGK plugs, and Bremi wires. As of now i need to fix this window, mirror, and seat issue as they seem not to work. When i got the car the owner had a Walmart battery installed which died out during the period of time i was away from the car. Prior to the battery depleting, the front driver and passenger seat switches never worked along with the windows when i got the car, so i replaced all the those and they work. Going forward, when i replaced the battery with a interstate euro battery, everything worked (the seats air up and etc). The next day the front passenger seat stopped working, the day after the driver seat stopped working, and the mirrors stop working from one side to the next. I unplugged the negative battery terminal, the seats started working, the mirrors still don't, and the day after the seat stops working. I left the issue alone and a month later working on the car around this issue, the mirrors, (Front) windows, front seats wont work. But.....the back windows work which never worked when i got the car and they work everyday when i warm up the car, and the sunroof still doesn't work as it also never did when i got the car.

I just want to know does anyone think it has to do with the trunk relay, i don't want to go buying parts and its something small like a fuse, which i checked and they're solid.
Old 01-25-2019, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Welcome aboard as I see it's your first post.

Can't help regarding your issue(s), but sure think you've got some electric gremlins hiding somewhere. Could you explain what is a "interstate euro battery"?
Old 01-25-2019, 02:58 AM

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts
Mercedes C55 AMG
Originally Posted by Killahbee
Alright I'm new to the forum and need some answers. I'm an owner of a 98 c43 silver with black silver interior i bought during the pass summer, and I'm starting to build it up as a nice daily car i intended it to be. So far i ordered the h&r, and Bilstein suspension things i need and did a engine tune up with NGK plugs, and Bremi wires. As of now i need to fix this window, mirror, and seat issue as they seem not to work. When i got the car the owner had a Walmart battery installed which died out during the period of time i was away from the car. Prior to the battery depleting, the front driver and passenger seat switches never worked along with the windows when i got the car, so i replaced all the those and they work. Going forward, when i replaced the battery with a interstate euro battery, everything worked (the seats air up and etc). The next day the front passenger seat stopped working, the day after the driver seat stopped working, and the mirrors stop working from one side to the next. I unplugged the negative battery terminal, the seats started working, the mirrors still don't, and the day after the seat stops working. I left the issue alone and a month later working on the car around this issue, the mirrors, (Front) windows, front seats wont work. But.....the back windows work which never worked when i got the car and they work everyday when i warm up the car, and the sunroof still doesn't work as it also never did when i got the car.

I just want to know does anyone think it has to do with the trunk relay, i don't want to go buying parts and its something small like a fuse, which i checked and they're solid.

I had similar problems as my front seats would not always work and it was the relay in the boot.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:23 PM

AMG
Euro is a specification we use in the US for European car batteries that are longer in dimension, if i go to a local after market tuner shop and they put plug my car info in the retailer would say "C43 fancy" (which they did in my case), directing me to a battery that's shaped different from the others.

like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Interstate-...LQoU:rk:2:pf:0
Old 01-25-2019, 01:26 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by raw1879

I had similar problems as my front seats would not always work and it was the relay in the boot.
yeah, ill try that out, i don't think its wiring issues the car hasn't been revamped since it was purchased 20 years ago it was just driven.