C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your wait times - updated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 03:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe -Selenite Grey w/ PE..... 2014 Black Jaguar F-Type convertible- Sold
Valentine's Day!

I ordered my C43c on 11/5 with expected pick-up date of 2/14.

I can honestly say I've never been so damn excited for the made-up holiday of Valentine's Day to arrive!!!!

I'll check with my SA again though and confirm we're still on course for that date. My lease on the F-Type is up that same day...cuttin it close!
Old 01-09-2017, 03:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 CLA250, 2017 C43 Sedan(Arriving in March/April)
Originally Posted by Vagabondo
Ok, this is weird....I'm your fellow Canadian (Toronto) from a previous thread.
Tt
Earlier this week my dealer contacted me with details (earlier than first expected) as follows:
Production date: February 11
Planned delivery: March 27

Strange coincidence?
I'm pretty sure it's not. I ordered mine from an MB corporate store in the western GTA and the delivery date is also March 27, my sales guy asked me to put off scheduling any new car detailing/ prep stuff until April though, since that delivery date might be pushed back.

All the mb corporate stores in the GTA draws from the same inventory pool so most of their cars are probably delivered together before being distributed.

Last edited by powerrrrr; 01-09-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
435i xDrive, C43 4Matic Coupe
Originally Posted by YoungLane
I ordered my C43c on 11/5 with expected pick-up date of 2/14.

I can honestly say I've never been so damn excited for the made-up holiday of Valentine's Day to arrive!!!!

I'll check with my SA again though and confirm we're still on course for that date. My lease on the F-Type is up that same day...cuttin it close!
I remember the anticipation - it was bitter sweet! What exterior / interior color combination did you land on? Half the paint of waiting was I wanted to switch my color order almost weekly until I received delivery. My order went from selenite gray with black, to selenite grey with red.....needless to say, I ended up with neither of those lol.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by powerrrrr
I'm pretty sure it's not. I ordered mine from MB Mississauga and the delivery date is also March 27, my sales guy asked me to put off scheduling any new car detailing/ prep stuff until April though, since that delivery date might be pushed back.

All the mb corporate stores in the GTA draws from the same inventory pool so most of their cars are probably delivered together before being distributed.
Oh wow, are there no cars left on the lots or is it because you want a custom order? Although I ended up buying from MB corporate in Thornhill, I've seen some wicked cars sitting on the lots at MB Brampton and Victoria Star MB in Kitchener.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
Oh wow, are there no cars left on the lots or is it because you want a custom order? Although I ended up buying from MB corporate in Thornhill, I've seen some wicked cars sitting on the lots at MB Brampton and Victoria Star MB in Kitchener.
Well the wait time is hard, but I want to keep this car so I got it with all the options I wanted. Plus all the cars left on the mb Toronto corporate inventory all have the piano black lacquer trim which I loathe since they are impossible to keep smudge free and I'm way too OCD for that.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:21 PM

Well the wait time is hard, but I want to keep this car so I got it with all the options I wanted. Plus all the cars left on the mb Toronto corporate inventory all have the piano black lacquer trim which I loathe since they are impossible to keep smudge free and I'm way too OCD for that.
lol - my car has the piano black trim and I call tell you that smudges are the least of your worries with it. If you breathe too close to it, it will scratch. I use an edgeless microfibre cloth to clean it and am still flabbergasted as to where I am getting scratches on it from. Getting the open pore ash trim would have added about 4-6 weeks to my wait time...I regret nothing! lol
Old 01-09-2017, 04:26 PM

lol - my car has the piano black trim and I call tell you that smudges are the least of your worries with it. If you breathe too close to it, it will scratch. I use an edgeless microfibre cloth to clean it and am still flabbergasted as to where I am getting scratches on it from. Getting the open pore ash trim would have added about 4-6 weeks to my wait time...I regret nothing! lol
Haha yes, I got mine with the open pore ash trim and also the red leather since the color hold up to abuse fairly well in my experience. All the dealer's are overstocked on the piano black trimmed cars, I don't know if they just ordered more of them or if the other ones were just all sold out.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:39 PM

Haha yes, I got mine with the open pore ash trim and also the red leather since the color hold up to abuse fairly well in my experience. All the dealer's are overstocked on the piano black trimmed cars, I don't know if they just ordered more of them or if the other ones were just all sold out.
Nice! Have you taken delivery? I'm curious to see the pics.

I looked at the order list that had every incoming C43C in the MB corporate group for the GTA and the vast vast majority of incoming models between November and Jan were piano black, with a few carbon fibre sprinkled in here and there. I'm pretty sure it's just what is available from their console trim supplier. If MB can sell 100k+ cars without backup cameras and power folding mirrors that customers had clearly ordered, I can imagine they are more than willing to ship 100% of cars with piano black trim out of their factory. I actually really don't mind it, I have it on a CLA as well and knew exactly what I was getting in to lol.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:50 PM

Nice! Have you taken delivery? I'm curious to see the pics.

I looked at the order list that had every incoming C43C in the MB corporate group for the GTA and the vast vast majority of incoming models between November and Jan were piano black, with a few carbon fibre sprinkled in here and there. I'm pretty sure it's just what is available from their console trim supplier. If MB can sell 100k+ cars without backup cameras and power folding mirrors that customers had clearly ordered, I can imagine they are more than willing to ship 100% of cars with piano black trim out of their factory. I actually really don't mind it, I have it on a CLA as well and knew exactly what I was getting in to lol.
No, mines getting delivered supposedly on march 27 without factoring in any more delays, the pictures are definitely coming as soon as I lay on my hands on it though!

I'm currently driving a cla250 and it has the black lacquered ash trim, the thing is the placement of the trim in the CLA makes it slightly easier to keep clean since you don't touch them at all, I keep mine clean just with a swifter duster, unlike the trim on w205s

Last edited by powerrrrr; 01-09-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:59 PM

No, mines getting delivered supposedly on march 27 without factoring in any more delays, the pictures are definitely coming as soon as I lay on my hands on it though!

I'm currently driving a cla250 and it has the piano black trim, the thing is the placement of the trim in the CLA makes it slightly easier to keep clean since you don't touch them at all, I keep mine clean just with a swifter duster, unlike the trim on w205s
I have a CLA250 and I honestly love it. It gets so much flack, but I find the power curve on that car is immensely enjoyable - nothing linear about it at all. You can really wring it out and it feels like it's on rails. Coupled with some really awesome curb appeal, it's a great car
Old 01-09-2017, 05:15 PM

I have a CLA250 and I honestly love it. It gets so much flack, but I find the power curve on that car is immensely enjoyable - nothing linear about it at all. You can really wring it out and it feels like it's on rails. Coupled with some really awesome curb appeal, it's a great car
Mine was a part of the first generation of them and has that really annoying harsh suspension and when I drove a loaner from a later model year I noticed that the suspension has been softened a bit, even though I'm sure that both had the sport suspension.

But you are right, it is still a very good car to drive and I love it despite my misgivings. The cornering is sooo flat, and it's a fun car to just fling around, the performance is acceptably zippy and it always reminded me of driving a Golf GTR, which I think is a bench mark for fun small cars.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Estate
Originally Posted by DuncWatts
My delivery date has slipped from 6th March to 17th March, boooo. I'm not certain when the build slot is, it was originally mid Feb.
Slipped even further, now being told it's being built 10th March with delivery around 23rd March.

Originally Posted by Uga Uga
I hope you get your car before the new road tax starts in April.
Me too - I ordered through carwow that states that the first years tax is included in the quotes, so I'll push back for them to eat the cost if it does delay further...
Old 02-03-2017, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
2017 C43 Coupe. Ordered 11/23/2016 took delivery 01/28/2017 in NY.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:28 AM

2023 CLS53 AMG, 2020 GLE450 (Returned), 2017 C43 AMG Coupe (Returned)
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
2017 C43 Coupe. Ordered 11/23/2016 took delivery 01/28/2017 in NY.
Damn, I ordered a week before you and yet to receive mine. I was given Feb 26th delivery date ... I don't know why it should be taking longer whereas we both live on east coast of N. America ...
Old 02-03-2017, 04:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shelby GT350R, Ford Raptor
C63S coupe Edition 1
Ordered 1/12/2016
Production first week of April
Expected delivery mid of April
Old 02-24-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Ok, this is weird....I'm your fellow Canadian (Toronto) from a previous thread.

Earlier this week my dealer contacted me with details (earlier than first expected) as follows:
Production date: February 11
Planned delivery: March 27

Strange coincidence?
Have you had any updates on build completion, and more importantly shipping status?! My C63S build was complete Feb 11, but I assume it's just sitting at the dock as my SA said he would update me with shipping/boats name as soon as it updated...
Old 02-24-2017, 12:33 PM

2023 CLS53 AMG, 2020 GLE450 (Returned), 2017 C43 AMG Coupe (Returned)
Talked to my salesperson, my order is delayed by a week for bad weather in Hamilton ... it should be here next week (fingers crossed)
Old 02-24-2017, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F150
Originally Posted by emanisem
Damn, I ordered a week before you and yet to receive mine. I was given Feb 26th delivery date ... I don't know why it should be taking longer whereas we both live on east coast of N. America ...
Becuase it all comes down to dealer allocations. His dealer had an allocation available sooner than your dealer did. That could be due to volume sold (his dealer has more allocations) or maybe all the ones ahead of you were either locked and couldn't be modified, or someone else already has a down payment on them.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
It took exactly 60 days from the order to a delivery. I was really surprised..
Old 02-24-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
2019 Audi SQ5, 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4wd, 2016 Ford Focus se Hatchback
Originally Posted by kck77
Have you had any updates on build completion, and more importantly shipping status?! My C63S build was complete Feb 11, but I assume it's just sitting at the dock as my SA said he would update me with shipping/boats name as soon as it updated...
Mine was completed on the 16th and I am awaiting shipping status as well.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by kornface13
Becuase it all comes down to dealer allocations. His dealer had an allocation available sooner than your dealer did. That could be due to volume sold (his dealer has more allocations) or maybe all the ones ahead of you were either locked and couldn't be modified, or someone else already has a down payment on them.
^ this
Old 02-24-2017, 06:42 PM

C63 AMG, Jeep Wrangler Sahara

i was actually just going to poke my guy and see - haven't heard anything for a while (at the time of my last update he indicated he'd let me know if anything changed...so I've been assuming all is on track). I'll let you know what I hear from my end..
Old 02-27-2017, 07:43 PM

Just heard from my dealer. Status = "boat" !!!
He says it should be here mid March. Just a bit quicker than promised.

Hope that means our cars are making friends on the high seas? Has to be on the same boat, no?
Old 02-27-2017, 07:50 PM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
'2020 Ford Raptor w/ Racaros / 2018 AMG GTC / KTM Superduke 1290R
Just heard from my dealer. Status = "boat" !!!
He says it should be here mid March. Just a bit quicker than promised.

Hope that means our cars are making friends on the high seas? Has to be on the same boat, no?

Thats great new, and I sure hope so! My SA said a lot of the time, the car will be on the boat, and it can take a week to get an update etc... did your SA give you your vin and the boats name so you can track it while its on the seas?
Old 02-27-2017, 07:57 PM

Thats great new, and I sure hope so! My SA said a lot of the time, the car will be on the boat, and it can take a week to get an update etc... did your SA give you your vin and the boats name so you can track it while its on the seas?
He sent me a screen shot that had the car details including vin but no boat details. Is there a way to track by vin?
I just asked today by the way so it may just be my update was that much more up to date than yours. Sure hope they're together!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post your wait times - updated