C450 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
C450 "AMG" is not a real AMG... AMG is 2 numbers, hand made engine from the AMG factory along with everything else that goes with it. No engine= no badge.
Yes, we all know that and no one is suggesting that the C450 is an AMG ala a C45 4 Matic??

So, if Mr., Industrious throws a W205 C63 engine in a C450 body WITH THE AWD, is it an AMG then??
Old 02-11-2015, 06:21 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
SO, in light of what you said, is every guy who buys a C450 4Matic with the "AMG SPORT" a poseur?? What if some guy throws a C63 S engine in there?? (Just sayin)..........
No, but if they start claiming that the cars a AMG, or add AMG badging then they become one. Also I highly doubt that someone would throw in a C63 engine into a C450 cause that'd be extremely expensive and they'd be better off just purchasing a C63 lol. Although in my opinion they'd be close to owning a AMG but not fully since the engines one of the most important parts to a car being an AMG. Although to be a full blown AMG they'd need the C63's suspension, transmission etc.

Basically this is my opinion on all of this C450 stuff. MB needs a vehicle such as the C450 to compete with the BMW 335 M Sport(Soon to be 340I), and the S4/S5. I wouldn't be surprised if it beats the S4/S5 in reviews, and competes or even beats the BMW 340I since it'll be quite an amazing car. However I dislike the fact they called it "AMG Sport" for multiple reasons, and I believe that they should have called it a MB Sport or something like that. I also hate how MBUSA is advertising towards wannabe posers with this car stating that "It's a real AMG" (gotta love false advertisements)even though AMG, and MB clearly stated that it's not a AMG plus the fact that they called it a AMG sport instead of a AMG proves that. (Plus countless other things such as it doesn't have a AMG engine, AMG transmission etc etc)

Last edited by kuba.95; 02-11-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by trueblue_ips
Jrcart, MERCEDES say it is an AMG. And they should know!
If Mercedes say it is, then it is. Simples! I don't know why you have a problem with this. MB produce a whole range of AMG cars and this sits between the CLA 45 and the C63.
Thats not what they say on the Private Lounge which is a forum owned and run by Mercedes AMG, moderated by Mercedes and AMG employees. I suppose if you owned a real AMG you could log in over there and read what they say.

Give me a minute and I will copy and paste some of their comments on the issue.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jrcart, MERCEDES say it is an AMG. And they should know!
If Mercedes say it is, then it is. Simples! I don't know why you have a problem with this. MB produce a whole range of AMG cars and this sits between the CLA 45 and the C63.
Here you go Mr. KNOWITALL DBag

Copied and poasted from the PL

Dear AMG Private Lounge Members,

As you have seen, we have communicated detailed information of the new Mercedes-Benz C 450 AMG 4MATIC last week. Together with the Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 AMG Coupé 4MATIC, they are the first cars of the new AMG sport model strategy. We have also announced that there will be more emotional AMG sport models in the future.The AMG Sport models will fill the gap between the AMG Sports package for Mercedes-Benz vehicles and the classic AMG models, thereby opening up new customer groups and segments to underpin the brand's growth strategy on a sustained basis. "The new product line from Mercedes-AMG has allowed us to make true sports car technology and the fascination of motorsports more accessible", says Tobias Moers, Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-AMG GmbH. "Every vehicle from Affalterbach honours the brand promise of Driving Performance."The AMG Private Lounge Team does not currently have plans to allow AMG Sport Model owners to join the Private Lounge.The AMG Private Lounge continues to be the global platform exclusively for classic AMG vehicle and AMG Performance Cars owners.

Best Regards from Affalterbach,
Your AMG Private Lounge Team********
Old 02-11-2015, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kuba.95
MBUSA says that it's an AMG for marketing BS. Actual Mercedes calls it a AMG Sport, and AMG themselves clearly stated that the C450 is in no way a AMG. So if MB, and AMG say that it's not a AMG then it's not a AMG. MBUSA can market it as a C450 "AMG" for all the wannabe posers but it still doesn't change the fact that in not a AMG in any way.
Amen, well said
Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kuba.95
No. I'm not saying the C450 is for posers.
........but I am
It is 100% poser and fake. It is a C400 with a fender badge and an ecu tune from the factory.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Focus
That extract suggest the c450 is AMG. It talks about "classic AMG" which could be interpreted as a euphemism for "has-been amg". MB want to make the AMG brand accessible to more people which is exactly what that says. It's semantics really, whether it's full AMG, half AMG, or not AMG at all. The point is, MB are selling it as an AMG. It even has AMG badges on it and AMG livery throughout. Granted, it doesn't have the badge at the back.
As many have said, it's a baby AMG, or a junior AMG.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:56 PM

Ford Focus
Jrcart, you're being totally disingenuous now. It's more than an AMG tuned engine. It has AMG tuned suspension. Amg tuned transmission. AMG styling. AMG have had input to practically the whole car.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:08 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W205 C43, C204 C63, & Honda Fit
Originally Posted by jrcart
........but I am
It is 100% poser and fake. It is a C400 with a fender badge and an ecu tune from the factory.
I like how they say they will not allow AMG sport in the PL. C450 is more than just a C400 with badges and ecu tune, as it's tweaked further with sportier suspension, bigger brakes, etc...

I actually like the idea of having a direct Audi S4 competitor, and maybe I replace my S4 with a C450 (de-badged of course, like all my cars)

Currently thinking of one of the following:

(B9 S4 + C63 S Coupe) or (C450 Sedan + AMG GT S) or (C63 S Sedan + 991 GT3)

And F-Type Coupe R makes things only more confusing.

Jrcart, you're being totally disingenuous now. It's more than an AMG tuned engine. It has AMG tuned suspension. Amg tuned transmission. AMG styling. AMG have had input to practically the whole car.
This is BS.

---------------------

Back to OP who also has a F-Type Coupe R I personally think that a tune will take the C450 beyond 400 hp (I'm sure it's underrated to begin with), so since you already have a nice playful coupe, might as well give the C450 a try.

LMK what you think.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:41 PM

Ford Focus
This Private Lounge BS. That quote says the AMG PL club "currently has no plans..." Which suggests at some point in the future they may well consider AMG sport customers into their little club. In fact it is mores likely than not.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This Private Lounge BS. That quote says the AMG PL club "currently has no plans..." Which suggests at some point in the future they may well consider AMG sport customers into their little club. In fact it is mores likely than not.
If you could only read what they are saying over there....

You are obviously the expert on this vehicle lol so enjoy your fake AMG buddy. Just remember every time you pull up at a stop light next to a real AMG the owner will be chuckling at you.....even the ones in the CLA45's that you claim are no more real AMG than a C450 will be lauging at you and rightfully so.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
its an amg like the early e class amgs, or even the Hammer....its mercedes parts, tweaked and tuned by amg

but who the hell cars....at the end of the day its all mercedes overseeing....and its marketing...
Old 02-11-2015, 10:32 PM

Range Rover Sport Supercharged - Porsche Caymen S - Motorcycles
Obviously MB marketing strategy is working well. The AMG brand pulls newbies and wannabes and make them believe that they own a true AMG. In my opinion they actually hurt the brand with the ones who own or plan to own true AMG. The C450 is just like the BMW 335i with the M package
Old 02-11-2015, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
C450 "AMG" is not a real AMG... AMG is 2 numbers, hand made engine from the AMG factory along with everything else that goes with it. No engine= no badge.
Good point. Will the engine have a "signature" on it from the person who hand built it. I doubt it. It's just about putting the AMG name out there. The MSRP will probably be halfway between a c400 and a c63.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,464 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
What's your angle, what's the point of all your posts... It would seem you just enjoy aggravating people that already have short fuses and strong opinions on this issue, and opinions that are very much diametrically opposed to your opinions.

I still think that if you really... I mean if you really wanted a heartfelt discussion about your original post and potential power output for this engine ... You would have posted on the w205 non amg forum. They've already been talking about it... Why not post there? Why create all these redundant threads?

Last edited by PeterUbers; 02-12-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:07 AM

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
This is what Marketing folks do.

Originally Posted by daveella
Obviously MB marketing strategy is working well. The AMG brand pulls newbies and wannabes and make them believe that they own a true AMG. In my opinion they actually hurt the brand with the ones who own or plan to own true AMG. The C450 is just like the BMW 335i with the M package

Exactly! It's simply something the Marketing folks at MB dreamed up to drive additional sales to a segment of the market that wants an AMG, but can't afford a real one yet. Does this cause confusion? Probably, because the people buying the AMG Sport models may believe they're actually getting a full-blown AMG, with all the features and hand-built workmanship, for a fraction of what a true AMG costs. Does this marketing effort dilute the AMG brand? Of course. However, Marketing people don't care about that. They just look for an iconic brand name they can leverage, in this case AMG, as a way to reach a certain market segment. Most of the luxury brands seem to be following a similar sales strategy, in one form or another, these days.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:03 AM

Ford Focus
What's all this hand-built rubbish. Come on, it's not some master craftsman building you a unique engine, like number 123 of 10000. All MB engines including AMG will be made on a production line. It's probably one bloke at the very end of the production process doing the inspection putting his name to it.
And Peter, I didn't create this thread. As I've said a lot of people will be coming onto the AMG forums to talk about the c450.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:29 AM

Range Rover Sport Supercharged - Porsche Caymen S - Motorcycles
What's all this hand-built rubbish. Come on, it's not some master craftsman building you a unique engine, like number 123 of 10000. All MB engines including AMG will be made on a production line. It's probably one bloke at the very end of the production process doing the inspection putting his name to it.
You are mistaken my friend. The AMG engine is one man, one engine. It's not a production line in the sense of every technician put one piece as the engine moves along the production line.

Last edited by InfinityWind; 02-12-2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
You just proved you know nothing about AMG and are just here to annoy everybody.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
Rediesel, not that old chestnut again. MB themselves say the C450 is a true AMG, so if they say it's a true AMG, who are we to argue.

I created a thread previously saying that someone should create a new sub forum under AMG for the c450. A lot of people will be looking under the AMG forum for c450 related advice.
Fine but the C450 AMG it isn't a C63 and doesn't belong being discussed in the C63 forum (aka HERE). Get the mods to make you a C450 AMG sub forum then. Till then this should be discussed in the regular W205 forum where it belongs.

Last edited by rediesel; 02-12-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:04 AM

Audi S4
So, are you guys saying my C300 //AMG is a poser?
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And Peter, I didn't create this thread. As I've said a lot of people will be coming onto the AMG forums to talk about the c450.
Keep on talking idiot!

This is exxactly why Mercedes ****ed up with the poor marketing decision. People like you that have no clue what an AMG is. Enjoy your fake AMG buddy!
Old 02-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,464 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by frank69m
So, are you guys saying my C300 //AMG is a poser?
The c300-///AMG is a bad *** machine ... Respect,
Bro.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:08 AM

Ford Focus
I'm sorry but if you think a cla45 is "hand built" for the money it sells at you are all deluded. Any mass produced car is not ha d built. AMG is mass produced, it's not limited in numbers.

I think we're all agreed it's not full fat AMG but is part of the AMG brand, an entry level AMG that's more affordable. It's a good option for people like me who'd oike to own an AMG but can't afford a top line one like the c63.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:09 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'10 F150 FX4 SCrew. '14 S212S
Let me help you. Daimler AG has changed the nomenclature of their lines to help in this issue.

Mercedes-Benz = Standard cars
Mercedes-AMG = Tuned and propelled by AMG hardware
Mercedes-Maybach = Luxury cars

Is the C450 called a Mercedes-Benz or a Mercedes-AMG?

A "true" AMG car will be called Mercedes-AMG.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG