C450 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by trueblue_ips
Jrcart, re-read your last post. Are you for real? Judging by the number of expensive cars in your garage you must have a very very small *****.

Rude and childish which would explain why YOU just don't get it.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Focus
I now officially give up on this discussion.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 CLA 45AMG , 2015 C63 (W205)
he gives up now can a moderator lock it lol
Old 03-03-2015, 05:38 PM

Range Rover Sport Supercharged - Porsche Caymen S - Motorcycles
Jrcart, re-read your last post. Are you for real? Judging by the number of expensive cars in your garage you must have a very very small *****.

I will take small "P" over your small brain. Grow up!
Old 03-03-2015, 05:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car

IBL!

Mercedes-Benz Marketing can spin this all they want and those who choose to follow their lead, more power to you. End of the day, you'll have a very nice car, but it certainly will NOT be an AMG and everyone will know it.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
So let me get this straight, you come trolling on a car forum, an AMG forum nonetheless where the average new AMG costs nearly six figures then you try to insult people who drive nice cars by insinating that guys who own nice or expensive cars have small tools? Keep trolling buddy.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by c400benz
this jcart dude strikes me as the type of guy (boy? is he a teenager? sure acts like one) who probably inherited a **** load of money or had a silver spoon all his life and likes to pretend he earned it all by himself through "hard work". lol. he will probably respond to this with a nice **** size contest describing what he does for a living and how he earned his money. save your time dude, i probably wont read it and dont even care.

anyway i couldnt care less about this argument, but i will say that i like the c450. i can also see why some would be mad at it though. if they offered it exactly as is, but without the amg badge, i think it would be an great buy.
Boy, woman, man, call me what you want, you know nothing about me.

....now you and your C400 head back down to the non-AMG C section with the other children where you belong so the big boys can discuss real cars.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:42 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by jrcart
Here you go Mr. KNOWITALL DBag

Copied and poasted from the PL

Dear AMG Private Lounge Members,

As you have seen, we have communicated detailed information of the new Mercedes-Benz C 450 AMG 4MATIC last week. Together with the Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 AMG Coupé 4MATIC, they are the first cars of the new AMG sport model strategy. We have also announced that there will be more emotional AMG sport models in the future.The AMG Sport models will fill the gap between the AMG Sports package for Mercedes-Benz vehicles and the classic AMG models, thereby opening up new customer groups and segments to underpin the brand's growth strategy on a sustained basis. "The new product line from Mercedes-AMG has allowed us to make true sports car technology and the fascination of motorsports more accessible", says Tobias Moers, Chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-AMG GmbH. "Every vehicle from Affalterbach honours the brand promise of Driving Performance."The AMG Private Lounge Team does not currently have plans to allow AMG Sport Model owners to join the Private Lounge.The AMG Private Lounge continues to be the global platform exclusively for classic AMG vehicle and AMG Performance Cars owners.

Best Regards from Affalterbach,
Your AMG Private Lounge Team********
And there you have it. Booyah! End of story.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:47 PM

2013 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by jrcart
Boy, woman, man, call me what you want, you know nothing about me.

....now you and your C400 head back down to the non-AMG C section with the other children where you belong so the big boys can discuss real cars.
Agreed...

Last edited by sinape62; 03-03-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:51 PM

2012 GL550
Originally Posted by sinape62
And there you have it. Booyah! End of story.
Really! I think the operative word there being "currently". They "currently" have no plans

It all depends on which direction the wind blows. MB is a business... they'll do whatever they think will maximise the profit.

Last edited by what_the_deuce; 03-03-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Trueblue you have no class
Old 03-04-2015, 01:03 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by mbenzc32
While the C450 is acceptable to most people, C450 is NOT a TRUE AMG. It does NOT fall into the concept of realm and concept of "One man, One Engine."

This has been talked a lot in the AMG Private Lounge (PL) forum. There, they are NOT accepting the C450 owners in that forum. People of authority at the AMG PL forum have stated that "A tuned C450 by AMG, is NOT an AMG."

This car C450 would have been okay had it not had the tags of AMG anywhere on its body panel. The CORPORATE PIGS at Mercedes Benz became greedy and SOLD the SOUL and PRESTIGIOUS accomplishments of AMG.

We are all in for Mercedes Benz to make money, but applying this AMG tag beginning with the C450 and the GLE450 is just not right. It the objective is to have representation of AMG in all power bands, the CLA45 and the GLA45 would certainly accomodate those younger buyers.

In other words, mother Mercedes Benz should "Raise The Bar, and Not Lower their Standards." They are copy cats of Audi and BMW. They should follow suit how Porsche have maintained their status as a performance and endurance car manufacturer, and NOT the "Run of the Mill" car manufacturer that Audi and BMW actually is.

Drive safe,
MBenzC32
Preach on, and this is the kind of passion that drives brands like "AMG" to become who they are in the first place. I agree.

Originally Posted by Yidney
The divide here seems to be mostly between AMG owners who don't appreciate the devaluation of the AMG brand, and those who think it's just fine or it's a true AMG. Here's a view from the middle. I can afford an AMG but don't really care. The hand built engine and all that just does not do anything for me. I totally get it for those who are into that, but I'm just not. Yet I would not buy a 450 because of the badges. It's embarrassing. I picture the times people ask me about my AMG and I have to look down and kick my toe in the dirt and say "well, not really." It's kind of like a Chrysler called a "Roy's Royce." Seems like a good car, but the badge alone would be a deal killer.
Agreed. I think the C450 seems like a good enough car without the "AMG Sport" marketing effect. Some who want to flaunt the "almost/sort of/is it?" AMG effect will buy into it, but that's catering and baiting a less sophisticated and more ostentatious type of following. If it's engineered in respects by AMG, then that's great, but enough to dilute the brand cachet? They're using AMG as halo models to further the "normal" cars, which is what BMW have been doing for a while with M cars. It gives less incentive and specialty status to the real things, imo. And you DO pay a premium for that cachet and "exclusive club" effect, so if they saturate it, you get less for your money, literally. High margin products are high margin for this reason.

Many people would want a C450 without the embarrassment of having to fumble around words when someone asks "is that an AMG?" when they see the fender badges. "Uhh.... no, well sort of.... it's an AMG Sport".... makes you sound funny, makes you have to inevitably deal with a confusing look back, and can make said person then look down on the "non totally 'real' AMG" because they might think you're trying to front with it or something.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:33 AM

BMW
Originally Posted by K-A
Preach on, and this is the kind of passion that drives brands like "AMG" to become who they are in the first place. I agree.

Agreed. I think the C450 seems like a good enough car without the "AMG Sport" marketing effect. Some who want to flaunt the "almost/sort of/is it?" AMG effect will buy into it, but that's catering and baiting a less sophisticated and more ostentatious type of following. If it's engineered in respects by AMG, then that's great, but enough to dilute the brand cachet? They're using AMG as halo models to further the "normal" cars, which is what BMW have been doing for a while with M cars. It gives less incentive and specialty status to the real things, imo. And you DO pay a premium for that cachet and "exclusive club" effect, so if they saturate it, you get less for your money, literally. High margin products are high margin for this reason.

Many people would want a C450 without the embarrassment of having to fumble around words when someone asks "is that an AMG?" when they see the fender badges. "Uhh.... no, well sort of.... it's an AMG Sport".... makes you sound funny, makes you have to inevitably deal with a confusing look back, and can make said person then look down on the "non totally 'real' AMG" because they might think you're trying to front with it or something.
I got an M Sport BMW not for the "M" badge but rather for how it looks. I regretted getting a slower model and in end 2015/early 2016 I'm getting something else, hopefully a MB.

I don't think you'd get questions "is that an AMG?". I never got the question is mine an M? Since nobody every noticed an M Logo, even though it was on my M steering wheel, in my door sills, and some other places. BMW didn't put an "M" on the rear of my M-Sport, and Mercedes didn't put an AMG logo on the rear of the C450.

The C450 caught my eye for its sport oriented approach and decent power, since I was looking for something at least above a 335i.

After doing additional research, I may purchase a C63 coupe, if the coupe looks like the S class coupe, as hinted by spy shots.

Also, for those that complain that the C450 makes the C63 AMG look bad: The C63 is still a "C-class". If you want exclusivity, get an S-class coupe, SL-class AMG, GT S, etc. Those look better. Actually, get a Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, etc if you want to show off.
I have a friend with a W204 C63, and I dismissed it as a C class, not an AMG. I also thought the W204 looks just meh and feminine looking. I'd actually be embarrassed driving it, even a W204 C63. I only see young girls getting that model.

The W205 C63 Sedan looks like it's a German muscle car, and that piqued my interest. But I'm not sure about the tail lights, I wish they were a bit longer. I'm going to wait until the C class coupe comes out.

Now, I just wanna say, can we all just get along?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:52 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by st3v
I got an M Sport BMW not for the "M" badge but rather for how it looks. I regretted getting a slower model and in end 2015/early 2016 I'm getting something else, hopefully a MB.

I don't think you'd get questions "is that an AMG?". I never got the question is mine an M? Since nobody every noticed an M Logo, even though it was on my M steering wheel, in my door sills, and some other places. BMW didn't put an "M" on the rear of my M-Sport, and Mercedes didn't put an AMG logo on the rear of the C450.

The C450 caught my eye for its sport oriented approach and decent power, since I was looking for something at least above a 335i.

After doing additional research, I may purchase a C63 coupe, if the coupe looks like the S class coupe, as hinted by spy shots.

Also, for those that complain that the C450 makes the C63 AMG look bad: The C63 is still a "C-class". If you want exclusivity, get an S-class coupe, SL-class AMG, GT S, etc. Those look better. Actually, get a Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, etc if you want to show off.
I have a friend with a W204 C63, and I dismissed it as a C class, not an AMG. I also thought the W204 looks just meh and feminine looking. I'd actually be embarrassed driving it, even a W204 C63. I only see young girls getting that model.

The W205 C63 Sedan looks like it's a German muscle car, and that piqued my interest. But I'm not sure about the tail lights, I wish they were a bit longer. I'm going to wait until the C class coupe comes out.

Yeah, my M Sport BMW had no less than 11 M badges. Kind of ridiculous. But the reason why you might get questions on the C450 is because the AMG badges are on the fenders (though they are on M Sport BMW's in ROW as well) and the answer will be more of a stumble as it is actually titled "AMG" in the nomenclature, just not very technically.

Yeah, a C to 99% of the public is a C anyway, in fact, most people don't tell M-B's apart from each other. Whichever M-B is the most common usually is the one you get suspected of having. Guys with CL's say that people think they probably drive a C Class, etc. This is one reason why diluting to the downside never helps the higher models, naturally.

I think the W204 C63 pre-facelift looked pretty butch, actually. The new one (C in general) is more slender and sensuous imo, more mature. The rear is pretty classic luxury car style since it's a resized S rear, which imo is at odds with an aggressive sport or especially "racy" look with all the AMG scoops and such.

I'm excited to drive the C450. Sounds like it should be a good and necessary addition to the W205 chassis which I found to be downright soft, sedated and even a bit nearing sloppy in its imbalance when pushing it remotely hard during a drive. So opposite of sporty I knew that AMG would be the answer to find the visceral dynamics within it.

I wonder if they'll force a sunroof onto the C450's or if they'll be available without it.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:02 AM

2013 C63 Coupe
C450 AMG Sport. The word "sport" followed by AMG is rhetorical. MB marketing play on expanding the AMG with the C450. That's what they did. Period.

By the way, who ever said Mercedes never made mistakes? They've admitted they should have made an AMG version of the E Class Coupe, but never did... Hell yeah, they made a mistake. They had no clear reason why they didn't make a (C207) E63 AMG Coupe. They've done the same mistake here.

Last edited by sinape62; 03-04-2015 at 07:05 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:27 AM

2013 C63 Coupe

I agree that the W205 C63 Coupe if any like the S63 coupe will have a major improvement aesthetically. W204 feminine looking...it is an opinion that is out there. No argument on the upcoming W205 coupe though, that is something to wait for. Skip the C450 altogether...
Old 03-04-2015, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C63S
I also thought the W204 looks just meh and feminine looking. I'd actually be embarrassed driving it, even a W204 C63. I only see young girls getting that model.
Really, a muscle car praised by millions . . . . a girl car like a Honda.
I don't think I have ever seen a girl drive one. But my neighbor, she drives a M3 which I don't think is a girl car by any means.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
2006 E320 CDI 2014 C63 507 Coupe 2012 E550 4M 2016 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by sinape62
C450 AMG Sport. The word "sport" followed by AMG is rhetorical. MB marketing play on expanding the AMG with the C450. That's what they did. Period.
I think you were trying to say...The word "sport" PRECEDED by AMG is REDUNDANT. The two words have been synonymous in the auto world, but corporate decided to put the two together "AMG Sport" to describe a new a new product line that is basically "AMG Lite".

Much like congress names bills like "No Child Left Behind" rather than "No Children Moving Forward" Or "The Affordable Care Act" rather than "Mucking Up Healthcare".
Old 03-04-2015, 09:50 AM

Range Rover Sport Supercharged - Porsche Caymen S - Motorcycles
Originally Posted by rediesel
Much like congress names bills like "No Child Left Behind" rather than "No Children Moving Forward" Or "The Affordable Care Act" rather than "Mucking Up Healthcare".

You just made my day my friend
Old 03-21-2015, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C350 Sport Coupe
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Hello Mr. 21 posts NEWBIE. You obviously know nothing about JRCart and the lengthy and heated debate that has been raging on this and other forums, especially directly with MBUSA. Your brief glimpse shows you jumping to massive conclusions about a very long time member and supporter of MB and AMG. Should we all judge you by your superior self edifying character and arrogant posturing? Oh wait, you sound just like JR! I suppose that's all we need to know about you.

His references were pointed mockery at MB marketing and their stated potential buyers. Your post is EXACTLY in the same tone as that you perceived from JR.

You can't call someone arrogant and insecure when you obviously don't know them. And you say it's over "something next to nothing"? Again, you are oblivious to the major direction change MB is taking and its effect on long time AMG enthusiasts. It is huge for many of us in the AMG world. You are entitled to your opinion, but respect others as well. You don't see an issue with this marketing plan and that's cool. But don't, for one second, think that you are right and we are wrong. That's not cool.
Thanks for the useless pompous response. I didn't realize it requires excess of 400 posts like yourself to rebuttle the lack of humility that exist amongst some AMG owners.

If I knew when I bought my MB, had I chosen the AMG model it would turn me into a Super Hero in the make believe World of car enthusiast, I would of purchased two in order to feel eminent amongst the MB community like yourself.

This forum is a lame joke at best with the likes of your mentality or serious lack there of.

Ciao dork
Old 03-21-2015, 05:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-AMG C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by MrChameleon
Thanks for the useless pompous response. I didn't realize it requires excess of 400 posts like yourself to rebuttle the lack of humility that exist amongst some AMG owners.

If I knew when I bought my MB, had I chosen the AMG model it would turn me into a Super Hero in the make believe World of car enthusiast, I would of purchased two in order to feel eminent amongst the MB community like yourself.

This forum is a lame joke at best with the likes of your mentality or serious lack there of.

Ciao dork
Some people are actual car enthusiasts and love AMG's although based off your responses you don't seem to be either. So I have no idea what you're doing in this part of Mbworld especially when you're insulting our love for AMG's etc.

Also if this forum is such a joke then why are you even posting on here?

"likes of your mentality or serious lack there of.

Ciao dork"

Oh how I love the irony in that.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C350 Sport Coupe
Originally Posted by kuba.95
Some people are actual car enthusiasts and love AMG's although based off your responses you don't seem to be either. So I have no idea what you're doing in this part of Mbworld especially when you're insulting our love for AMG's etc.

Also if this forum is such a joke then why are you even posting on here?

"likes of your mentality or serious lack there of.

Ciao dork"

Oh how I love the irony in that.
If you're implying the "love for AMG's" is so overwhelming in your lives that the only way you or a few others here can express it is by making insulting remarks about what any given person can afford then yes by all means it laughable that anyone is delusional enough to make such an absurd assumption.

If a car makes you feel in control of your insecurities that's good for you but don't expect to never get called out for sounding like an idiot. Which from the posts I've read of yours is pretty much status quo.

My post on this thread simply reflects the disappointment of gaining any credible useful knowledge of the Brand due to the abundance of condescending nobody's using up the majority of the bandwidth with little substance other then "I'm special cause I drive AMG".

No worries kid, I'm gladly done with this farce of a MB community despite there are some owners that don't feel the need to pad their ego to feel self worth. Congratulations for being the last punk I took the time to retort.

Quickly, gather up all your other little insecure AMG enthusiast friends and spam away. Lolol see ya, wouldn't want to be ya
Old 03-21-2015, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Enough!

This thread is not to be reopened. It will be archived. Any effort to modify posts will be monitored.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 03-21-2015 at 06:57 PM.