Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 09:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a

Last edited by yungkek; 08-06-2018 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:16 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 S Coupe Edition 1
Got an update on US sedans (at least mine), still held at the VPC
Old 09-28-2016, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
VPC? Time to free the c43 sedan in the USA! The rest of the world has them now. Have they even been certified yet or are they waiting for the 2018 models to do them all at once? Wtf
Old 09-28-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
I'm in Canada too - so I know exactly which packages you are talking about. Which dealership did you order from? I actually got a little ride in a C43 equipped similar to yours (except it had cranberry seats) and it was amazing. You're in for a treat.
I just bought a C43 from the Brampton guys with the same setup but black amg leather seats.

I imagine it was one of the ones you saw when you went there.

One thing I was disappointed in was the exhaust sound. I thought it would be really loud...it's not. Still louder than C450 though and apparently 0.2sec faster due to 9 speed so the extra price is worth it.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:07 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by dismantler
I just bought a C43 from the Brampton guys with the same setup but black amg leather seats.

I imagine it was one of the ones you saw when you went there.

One thing I was disappointed in was the exhaust sound. I thought it would be really loud...it's not. Still louder than C450 though and apparently 0.2sec faster due to 9 speed so the extra price is worth it.
Congrats! All three looked stellar!

I saw three white ones there, so I'm guessing you picked up one of those? Two had the AMG Drivers Package, one did not. The one I heard had it and it sounded good when the tech opened up the valves and put it in Sport+. Even at low RPM, she had grunt.

Did you opt for the AMG Drivers package? Did you hear it in Sport+ or was it in Comfort? Also, if you don't mind me asking - what kind of % off MSRP were you able to strike with the dealership? PM me if you aren't comfortable with sharing publicly.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:08 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
VPC? Time to free the c43 sedan in the USA! The rest of the world has them now. Have they even been certified yet or are they waiting for the 2018 models to do them all at once? Wtf
I agree! You should lead the charge. Just march right into the MB corporate head office, and start making demands. At least we won't have to hear about your whining anymore
Old 09-28-2016, 02:28 PM

C43 Sedan
Congrats! All three looked stellar!

I saw three white ones there, so I'm guessing you picked up one of those? Two had the AMG Drivers Package, one did not. The one I heard had it and it sounded good when the tech opened up the valves and put it in Sport+. Even at low RPM, she had grunt.

Did you opt for the AMG Drivers package? Did you hear it in Sport+ or was it in Comfort? Also, if you don't mind me asking - what kind of % off MSRP were you able to strike with the dealership? PM me if you aren't comfortable with sharing publicly.
Yeah, my original order was hyacinth red with crystal grey leather but they messed it up and were telling me I had to wait until November, but when I walked into the dealership I had to have the car... screw waiting for another two months . #implusivebuying

I got premium package, amg driver's package, led package, black amg leather, open pore ash wood, and 360 cam. This didn't come with heads up display which sucks but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I heard it in Sport + with valves open, it does have a grunt, but I think the Youtube Coupe videos got me overly excited. I believe the Coupes sound better than the sedans -don't get me wrong the sedans sound good.

As for discounts, you know that these guys in Canada are out to rip you off. After whining I got a 2% without any fleet discounts etc. So that works out to about 1.5k...nothing earth shattering. They kept telling me they don't do discounts on AMGs and that this was only because they dropped the ball on my initial order.

I did get other discounts on pre-paid maintenance, tint and one or two small accessories . So all-in I got around 2.3k off. Happy with it.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
Yeah, my original order was hyacinth red with crystal grey leather but they messed it up and were telling me I had to wait until November, but when I walked into the dealership I had to have the car... screw waiting for another two months . #implusivebuying

I got premium package, amg driver's package, led package, black amg leather, open pore ash wood, and 360 cam. This didn't come with heads up display which sucks but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I heard it in Sport + with valves open, it does have a grunt, but I think the Youtube Coupe videos got me overly excited. I believe the Coupes sound better than the sedans -don't get me wrong the sedans sound good.

As for discounts, you know that these guys in Canada are out to rip you off. After whining I got a 2% without any fleet discounts etc. So that works out to about 1.5k...nothing earth shattering. They kept telling me they don't do discounts on AMGs and that this was only because they dropped the ball on my initial order.

I did get other discounts on pre-paid maintenance, tint and one or two small accessories . So all-in I got around 2.3k off. Happy with it.
Did you get the performance exhaust?
Old 09-28-2016, 03:53 PM

A Benz and a BMW

Suck that they messed up your order though. On the plus side, I would get the White over the Red any day of the week. I drove a tester with the HUD in it and I realized I have absolutely 0 desire for it - so I'm with you on that.

Good on you for negotiating a discount. I don't know what it is with Mercedes, but they are a lot less negotiation friendly North of the border. I've negotiated deals at BMW, Lexus, and Acura, and have never faced the same level of non-negotiation I've seen at some of the MB dealerships in the GTA.

I'm impressed you managed to get 2.3k off on a brand new AMG car that has yet to be seen on public roads. Kudos to you for fighting the good fight.

When is your delivery? I hoping you can have it for the weekend so you can upload some pics and sound clips. You absolutely have to - the number of reference videos for the C43 online right now are abysmally small.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:54 PM

A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by autopal
Yes - the Canadian AMG Driver's Package includes the performance exhaust by default.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:10 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Assembly complete

Emailed my SA a couple of hours ago asking about a VIN for my C43 sedan scheduled for assembly 3D Sep.

He replied that VIN was not assigned until the end of assembly. Replying to my email must have interrupted his nap because he called about 5 minutes after he sent me the email and told me that assembly was complete. Apparently his promise to keep me informed of status only applies when I ask him.

Still no VIN but training takes time.

Now to wait for MB.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:39 PM

C43 Sedan
Suck that they messed up your order though. On the plus side, I would get the White over the Red any day of the week. I drove a tester with the HUD in it and I realized I have absolutely 0 desire for it - so I'm with you on that.

Good on you for negotiating a discount. I don't know what it is with Mercedes, but they are a lot less negotiation friendly North of the border. I've negotiated deals at BMW, Lexus, and Acura, and have never faced the same level of non-negotiation I've seen at some of the MB dealerships in the GTA.

I'm impressed you managed to get 2.3k off on a brand new AMG car that has yet to be seen on public roads. Kudos to you for fighting the good fight.

When is your delivery? I hoping you can have it for the weekend so you can upload some pics and sound clips. You absolutely have to - the number of reference videos for the C43 online right now are abysmally small.
I put my order in the first day the sales guys started putting together some sort of interest list (back in June), yet my SA sat on the order until late early August to put it in (and I had to prompt him!); so I was expecting my car to be one of the first to hit the lot. I was annoyed when I heard that there were cars already on the lot and my SA was telling me to wait for 3rd week of November. They really dropped the ball. But i'll that is in the past.

Strictly speaking I only got 2% off the car, but the rest was on services and additional items, which are already bloated such as $599 (five freaking ninety nine) for a tint . I have full confidence that they have made a ton off me especially when comparing the discounts to what the US guys get. But I do like having one of the first cars on the road here in Toronto .

I pick up the car tomorrow, so I should be able to upload clips and photos by the weekend.

Here are some after the tint:

Originally Posted by autopal
As 5ilver mentioned it's standard with AMG driver's package. Seriously, don't get why anyone would skip the Perf on the C43. The only reason I am getting it and not the C450 is the perf, and the valve opening button. The 9-speed transmission is nice, but I am too inept to notice the difference over the 7-speed...I probably don't drive fast enough

On a separate note, AMG claims C43 is 0.2sec faster! Giving test runs on C450 around 4.5/4.6 the C43 could really come in around 4.3!
Old 09-28-2016, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
To all you guys with AUGUST build cars in Canada...did you happen to notice if your cars had acoustic glass on the driver and passenger front windows?
Old 09-28-2016, 05:22 PM

C43 Sedan
To all you guys with AUGUST build cars in Canada...did you happen to notice if your cars had acoustic glass on the driver and passenger front windows?
Can check tomorrow, and will let you know.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:24 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
One thing you have to remember with our discounts compared to the US is if you take what they pay for the car in USD and convert it over, their base price is actually way higher then ours... Take the C43 sedan, base is 52925 USD, convert that over to CAN and it's 69000, yet our base sedan is 56200 (yes I know there are some small differences in what are standard but you get the idea) So I'm guessing that's why the Canadian dealers have less room to move compared to the states as the are priced more aggressive right from MSRP. Just a theory I have, not actual data besides what I presented.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Can check tomorrow, and will let you know.
That would be great. Very helpful. There have been rumors that August build cars may or may not have it as standard equipment.. thank you
Old 09-28-2016, 05:44 PM

C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Master-Spud
One thing you have to remember with our discounts compared to the US is if you take what they pay for the car in USD and convert it over, their base price is actually way higher then ours... Take the C43 sedan, base is 52925 USD, convert that over to CAN and it's 69000, yet our base sedan is 56200 (yes I know there are some small differences in what are standard but you get the idea) So I'm guessing that's why the Canadian dealers have less room to move compared to the states as the are priced more aggressive right from MSRP. Just a theory I have, not actual data besides what I presented.
You make an interesting point. I guess when we were close to parity that's when we were really getting screwed.

But if you do the same to European prices you also notice a discrepancy between US prices, no? I think it has to do with trade rules and tariffs.

That would be great. Very helpful. There have been rumors that August build cars may or may not have it as standard equipment.. thank you
I don't see why MB would do something like that without explicitly mentioning it. If they did then they should discount all August builds.

Particularly because it is not an option, that would be underhanded.

I have only seen that happen with options. For example, the night package is now an option but was not available before August, which sucks because I actually wanted black exhaust tips and diffuser. But that was an option as opposed to integral equipment.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:51 PM

A Benz and a BMW
Any update from your SA?
Old 09-28-2016, 05:57 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Any update from your SA?
Just what I had posted yesterday about the coupe passing certification in Canada and an estimated arrival in Edmonton of Oct 16th. Doubt I'll get much else until it arrives.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:07 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
I think the Canadian car has more standard equipment. That was the case when I was buying my C450. Sunroof, for example, is standard on Canadian C43, and a $1480option on US models. Even the AMG drivers package, (Performance exhaust, 19inch wheels, and AMG performance steering wheel) at $1700 is a steal here in Canada. I don't understand why our cars seems to be a better deal than in the US, but I'm certainly not complaining
Old 09-29-2016, 12:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
C43
[QUOTE=5ilver-5urfer;6927815].

I went to MB in Brampton , the manager didn't give any discount and was not willing to negotiate at all , I just walked away then I got 3.75% discount plus fleet discount on a custom order c43 coupe from MB Mississauga . I was aiming to get 5% but couldn't get that because according to the sales person that too many people in the GTA just pay full price I hope you are not one of those people
Old 09-29-2016, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 520i
I got my car today! I did the wide spoke wheels in grey and titanium (most people opt for silver n black) - doubted myself at first but now I am very happy about it! Even the dealership people are surprised how nice it looks on white!

It's my first ever proper performance car and it sounds and drives amazing! Also to my surprise the run flats are pirelli p zeros!

More pics to follow but here's what i snapped so far!

Old 09-29-2016, 01:12 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Biggreenogg
Emailed my SA a couple of hours ago asking about a VIN for my C43 sedan scheduled for assembly 3D Sep.

He replied that VIN was not assigned until the end of assembly. Replying to my email must have interrupted his nap because he called about 5 minutes after he sent me the email and told me that assembly was complete. Apparently his promise to keep me informed of status only applies when I ask him.

Still no VIN but training takes time.

Now to wait for MB.
That's very odd.. I received the VIN for my car immediately after it had BEGUN production/assembly.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by Godric1600
I got my car today! I did the wide spoke wheels in grey and titanium (most people opt for silver n black) - doubted myself at first but now I am very happy about it! Even the dealership people are surprised how nice it looks on white!

It's my first ever proper performance car and it sounds and drives amazing! Also to my surprise the run flats are pirelli p zeros!

Looks dope dude
Is that Diamond white or Polar White?
Old 09-29-2016, 06:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by Godric1600

Congratz man...looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: New C43