Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 07:03 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by dismantler
Yeah, my original order was hyacinth red with crystal grey leather but they messed it up and were telling me I had to wait until November, but when I walked into the dealership I had to have the car... screw waiting for another two months . #implusivebuying

I got premium package, amg driver's package, led package, black amg leather, open pore ash wood, and 360 cam. This didn't come with heads up display which sucks but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I heard it in Sport + with valves open, it does have a grunt, but I think the Youtube Coupe videos got me overly excited. I believe the Coupes sound better than the sedans -don't get me wrong the sedans sound good.

As for discounts, you know that these guys in Canada are out to rip you off. After whining I got a 2% without any fleet discounts etc. So that works out to about 1.5k...nothing earth shattering. They kept telling me they don't do discounts on AMGs and that this was only because they dropped the ball on my initial order.

I did get other discounts on pre-paid maintenance, tint and one or two small accessories . So all-in I got around 2.3k off. Happy with it.
The Coupes do sound different than the Sedans, this has been discussed numerous times. It is by design, per MB/AMG.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 AMG C43, 2001 Honda S2000, 2012 Ford F150, 2017 Pedego Interceptor Electric Bike
Cardinal Red C43 Ordered

New to the MB World group. Placed my order last week and looking at a three month lead time so I should be taking ownership on or around the new year. In New England USofA so the 4Matic was a big draw over the C63. Ordered the 19 inch rim option: here's my question- Summer performance tires will come on the car, but will it be "acceptable" to drive occasionally in the winter months on dry road days? I have an alternate vehicle and the C43 really will be intended as the "fair weather" ride. Thanks for the opinions...
Old 09-29-2016, 08:01 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by Tej7
That's very odd.. I received the VIN for my car immediately after it had BEGUN production/assembly.
Yep. Told him that he was wrong and I knew he was just making stuff up. He really has follow-up and communication issues. The main issue is that he has neither.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:02 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Yeah, my original order was hyacinth red with crystal grey leather but they messed it up and were telling me I had to wait until November, but when I walked into the dealership I had to have the car... screw waiting for another two months . #implusivebuying

I got premium package, amg driver's package, led package, black amg leather, open pore ash wood, and 360 cam. This didn't come with heads up display which sucks but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I heard it in Sport + with valves open, it does have a grunt, but I think the Youtube Coupe videos got me overly excited. I believe the Coupes sound better than the sedans -don't get me wrong the sedans sound good.

As for discounts, you know that these guys in Canada are out to rip you off. After whining I got a 2% without any fleet discounts etc. So that works out to about 1.5k...nothing earth shattering. They kept telling me they don't do discounts on AMGs and that this was only because they dropped the ball on my initial order.

I did get other discounts on pre-paid maintenance, tint and one or two small accessories . So all-in I got around 2.3k off. Happy with it.
Yeah, I don't get what is with all the fuzz with getting huge discounts on a car during launch, AMG nonetheless, people gotta realize you pay to play and this whole haggling and discount thing really is secondary to what the main point is: to drive the car you want, that car that will make you grin from ear to ear as you hear and feel it on the road. That being said, people shouldn't expect a discount on a car that has yet to be released, if you want a discount, buy it a year down the road lol

I was more than happy when I received a 5% discount on my C450 last year when I received it the first day it was launched 9/25/15
Old 09-29-2016, 09:04 AM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by RadioFreeRindge
New to the MB World group. Placed my order last week and looking at a three month lead time so I should be taking ownership on or around the new year. In New England USofA so the 4Matic was a big draw over the C63. Ordered the 19 inch rim option: here's my question- Summer performance tires will come on the car, but will it be "acceptable" to drive occasionally in the winter months on dry road days? I have an alternate vehicle and the C43 really will be intended as the "fair weather" ride. Thanks for the opinions...

The problem with summer performance tires in winter is even if the roads are dry that tires have very little traction as the compounds they are made of get very hard in the cold weather. If you are in freezing temperatures I really wouldn't run on summers. But that's just me

Last edited by Master-Spud; 09-29-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:35 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Biggreenogg
Yep. Told him that he was wrong and I knew he was just making stuff up. He really has follow-up and communication issues. The main issue is that he has neither.
Just ding them some points when you fill out the satisfaction survey
Old 09-29-2016, 09:46 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Just ding them some points when you fill out the satisfaction survey
Plan to.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:30 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
I tried driving with summer performance tires in winter once and it was incredibly risky even at low speeds. The car literally slid a foot to the right at full stop. Black ice is dangerous....erm White ice is equally dangerous. #AllIceMatters
Old 09-29-2016, 11:43 AM

C43 Coupe
Fuel economy is now up for the C43 coupe and sedan on the MB Canadian site... So looks like they've definitely passed certification in Canada.
The following users liked this post:
Tej7 (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 12:12 PM

A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by Master-Spud
Fuel economy is now up for the C43 coupe and sedan on the MB Canadian site... So looks like they've definitely passed certification in Canada.
I just wanted you to know that if I had a spirit animal, it would be you.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:14 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 C450
I would strongly advise against that. It is more than just snow, once the road gets cold, the summer tires become hard and dangerous. When you press your brakes, the AWD does not help, it is all on your tires. If you plan to drive the car during winter, spend a little and get yourself a set of 18 inch wheels and winter tires, it could literally be the difference between life and death.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I agree! You should lead the charge. Just march right into the MB corporate head office, and start making demands. At least we won't have to hear about your whining anymore
Joshua Davidson from Mercedes corporate contacted me yesterday and informed me that my c43 will be on its way by mid next week.. the first batch of c43 being sent out in the USA.... he also said he sent my dealer email to give me a free year of prepaid maintenance for the long wait I had because they had originally said I would have the car in mid September. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil..
Old 09-29-2016, 12:42 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Joshua Davidson from Mercedes corporate contacted me yesterday and informed me that my c43 will be on its way by mid next week.. the first batch of c43 being sent out in the USA.... he also said he sent my dealer email to give me a free year of prepaid maintenance for the long wait I had because they had originally said I would have the car in mid September. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil..
Haha, you honestly should have demanded for more. 1 year of PPM is nothing to really brag about when others (incl myself) get 3-4 years for free lol. I don't mean to be rude at all, I'm sure you're a great person, you're just very impatient. It's annoying to see someone repeatedly complain over such minuscule things. We're all the in the same boat here, yet you seem to handle your situation far more poorly than everyone else
Old 09-29-2016, 12:43 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
I just wanted you to know that if I had a spirit animal, it would be you.
What can I say a mixture of obsession, with Boredom at work gives me a lot of time to check on things lol
Old 09-29-2016, 02:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
Originally Posted by Master-Spud
One thing you have to remember with our discounts compared to the US is if you take what they pay for the car in USD and convert it over, their base price is actually way higher then ours... Take the C43 sedan, base is 52925 USD, convert that over to CAN and it's 69000, yet our base sedan is 56200 (yes I know there are some small differences in what are standard but you get the idea) So I'm guessing that's why the Canadian dealers have less room to move compared to the states as the are priced more aggressive right from MSRP. Just a theory I have, not actual data besides what I presented.
different market prices cannot be devined simply by converting currency crosses. rarely does a manufacturer or importer like mercedes adjust up or down pricing based on currency fluctuations - pricing is primarily influenced by what was the price last year or of the last model regardless of currency fluctuations.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
Either get some all seasons and swap them on year round, or get some snows for the winter and swap twice a year. It's not that much more money on a $60k plus car, and summer tires are downright dangerous in winter, even on dry roads. The compound doesn't grip when the temperature is low.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:35 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C43 Sedan
Would you check the acoustic glass when its here? Mine still doesnt have ETA yet.

And how did you contact the corporate for PPM? I don;t think it's common.

I will be patient even my car was built first day of August. It will get here anyway.

Last edited by arnold0523; 09-29-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:13 PM

A Benz and a BMW
Can check tomorrow, and will let you know.
Have you done your delivery yet? Sucks that it's such blah weather, that being said, at least you can test out the 4matic on these wet roads lol.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 520i
Originally Posted by damnhotrod
Looks dope dude
Is that Diamond white or Polar White?
Just polar white - i find diamond white to a bit yellowish. if they had something like audi's glacier white i am happy to pay more.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:24 PM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
Have you done your delivery yet? Sucks that it's such blah weather, that being said, at least you can test out the 4matic on these wet roads lol.
This car is absolutely amazing! Best decision I ever made in my life. Car in sport + is LOUD. I actually scared some girls on the street...tears of joy.

If anyone is debating getting the car do it! Amazing!
Old 09-29-2016, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
This car is absolutely amazing! Best decision I ever made in my life. Car in sport + is LOUD. I actually scared some girls on the street...tears of joy.

If anyone is debating getting the car do it! Amazing!
I'm glad you like it! When was your build date? Did you happen to see if it came with acoustic windows?
Old 09-29-2016, 09:52 PM

C43 Sedan
I'm glad you like it! When was your build date? Did you happen to see if it came with acoustic windows?
The car in sport + is absolutely nuts.

SA said acoustic windows was discounted. So mine didn't have it. He said I won't be able to tell the difference.

Does it say it somewhere?
Old 09-29-2016, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
The car in sport + is absolutely nuts.

SA said acoustic windows was discounted. So mine didn't have it. He said I won't be able to tell the difference.

Does it say it somewhere?
If you have acoustic glass, look at the top edge of your driver or passenger FRONT window. If you lower it down a bit, it should look like 2 pieces of glass glued together...here in the US, some peoples have acoustic glass listed on there build sheet.. mine is an August build and it's not listed. The other build sheets I've seen are from September builds have code 851 (acoustic glass) listed as standard equipment.. since no one in the USA has received there car we have to wait and see.

Last edited by Gungaslow; 09-29-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:55 PM

C43 Sedan
If you have acoustic glass, look at the top edge of your driver or passenger FRONT window. If you lower it down a bit, it should look like 2 pieces of glass glued together...here in the US, some peoples have acoustic glass listed on there build sheet.. mine is an August build and it's not listed. The other build sheets I've seen are from September builds have code 851 (acoustic glass) listed as standard equipment.. since no one in the USA has received there car we have to wait and see.
I can't really use the windows yet due to the new tint but I will check tomorrow morning.

I assume mine was an August build since I picked it up today. So it won't surprise me if it didn't have it.

What does it do?
Old 09-29-2016, 11:33 PM

A Benz and a BMW
I can't really use the windows yet due to the new tint but I will check tomorrow morning.

I assume mine was an August build since I picked it up today. So it won't surprise me if it didn't have it.

What does it do?
It's quieter glass. Comes in handy if you bought the performance exhaust and want everyone else to enjoy the burble of it except you lol. I guess it would lower the decibels of outside noise by a few if you're sitting in traffic with your windows closed. But usually my music is on if I am...

When are we getting a sound clip boss?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: New C43