Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 02:57 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Master-Spud
[IMG]https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbworld.org-vbulletin/1224x1632/80-img_3349_98b384a9dfd27c52f3c27c6738cee60852646941. jpg[IMG]

OK maybe one little sneak peak since I'm so excited!!!
That is awesome, I wish we could've gotten the Matte Selenite Grey (Magno) here in the US! I love the Metallic too as I think it looks gorgeous, but I slightly prefer the Matte.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:58 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by H.A.
Congratz! That wait is gonna suck knowing its just sitting there!

It's still in limbo here in the states it seems and I have yet to hear anything from my dealer.
My dealer emailed me this morning. My Coupe is at port and has cleared customs, they are still expecting 10/15 release in the US (tentatively) but he said there is still no official word and that he will let me know more when he gets official word.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:20 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Well I know have absolute confirmation my sales guy isn't crazy, my C43 coupe arrived at the dealership and he sent me a few pictures, won't upload them as they just don't do it justice... Sadly I work out of town and won't be able to pick it up till the 21... It should be going in for it's wrap and PDI in the next day or so but so far so good!
Dude - that looks amazing! 8 days until you can claim your baby - I'm so pumped for you man! What color interior did you get?
Old 10-13-2016, 03:25 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
Dude - that looks amazing! 8 days until you can claim your baby - I'm so pumped for you man! What color interior did you get?
Went with the Black leather with red stitching, was able to get it with cooled seats as well, which according to the configuration on the website isn't supposed to be allowed lol... And black seat belts instead of the flashy Red ones.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
C63 S Coupe Edition 1
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
My dealer emailed me this morning. My Coupe is at port and has cleared customs, they are still expecting 10/15 release in the US (tentatively) but he said there is still no official word and that he will let me know more when he gets official word.
Great that it's here! And yeah kind of expected that. Not sure they'd officially release them on a Saturday but who knows. We'll find out soon enough.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by stixpicks
Collected my amazing C43 AMG on Friday, 3 days in and loving it!

The car is great to drive, smooth, quick and fun. It can be very comfortable for cruising or great to play around with in sports+, like 2 different cars! I am relieved that I really like my choose of colours - selenite grey and saddle brown.

My only disappointment, and was partially expecting this, there is no pop and crackle from the exhaust, without the performance exhaust. Here in Australia you can't order the performance exhaust separately from the performance seats. I found the performance seats really uncomfortable for me, so had to go standard (which I am loving!), but had to sacrifice the performance exhaust. Forums I read were suggesting the standard exhaust should still pop and crackle, but unfortunately it doesn't, although it is nice and loud. May look at aftermarket options...

Also interesting to note is that the dealer said there is no break in period required! They said the C63 requires break in, being a hand made engine, but not the C43, can give it a whack straight away! So I did!

Overall, so happy with it and I am sure you will be too!
Update...2 weeks with the amazing C43 AMG and loving it more and more each day! Good news for all, there are some pops and crackles with the standard exhaust! They are quite faint, but sound nice. I didn't notice them during the first few days of ownership, so not sure if the car has changed or my driving style has changed!

I am so glad I opted for the standard seats too, very comfortable 1,000km drive this week.

Loving it!
Old 10-13-2016, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
Wow...nice! I can't wait to see how the stealth looks on it.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:25 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Vipershade
Wow...nice! I can't wait to see how the stealth looks on it.

Should look exactly the same or they've done something wrong lol
Old 10-13-2016, 07:55 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe

She looks great in matte. You're so lucky to take delivery by next week, pics and videos will be mandatory! I'm excited for you man, congrats!
Old 10-13-2016, 08:40 PM

A Benz and a BMW
Went with the Black leather with red stitching, was able to get it with cooled seats as well, which according to the configuration on the website isn't supposed to be allowed lol... And black seat belts instead of the flashy Red ones.
That sounds like a wicked combination. I'm pumped to see other pics you've taken of the beauty - only if you're willing to share!
Old 10-14-2016, 10:22 AM

C43 Coupe
So thinking of maybe blacking out the front lip, but leaving the rear diffuser and tips Silver... Thoughts? Debating if I try to get my wrap guy to do it now, or just leave as is till I see it and get a feel for it.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:55 AM

A Benz and a BMW
So thinking of maybe blacking out the front lip, but leaving the rear diffuser and tips Silver... Thoughts? Debating if I try to get my wrap guy to do it now, or just leave as is till I see it and get a feel for it.
I actually quite like the chrome / silver accents. I feel like it gives the car a nice pop. I do get what you mean, the black and matte combination is killer, but I would leave it stock for a bit and then see if you want to swap it out after a couple of weeks. Those rims are beautiful. I've seen them in person and really like them.

I ended up opting for the 606 rims, the Multispoke Bi-Coloured ones. Never seen them on a C-Coupe in person so I don't know what it'll end up looking like. I hope they don't look like wagon wheels lol.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:00 AM

C43 Coupe
It's funny I almost regret not going with the multispoke bi-colour... but they will also be my winter rims, will be getting some aftermarket ones for my summer tires!
Old 10-14-2016, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
2018 GLC63
I actually quite like the chrome / silver accents. I feel like it gives the car a nice pop. I do get what you mean, the black and matte combination is killer, but I would leave it stock for a bit and then see if you want to swap it out after a couple of weeks. Those rims are beautiful. I've seen them in person and really like them.

I ended up opting for the 606 rims, the Multispoke Bi-Coloured ones. Never seen them on a C-Coupe in person so I don't know what it'll end up looking like. I hope they don't look like wagon wheels lol.
I was going to say the exact same thing... wait a little on the front apron... the silver is really unique. I find it catching my eye almost every time I go into the garage.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:20 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Polar White C43 Sedan
So I dropped in at the MB Dealership in Brampton to see if they had a 43 with the Perf exhaust, which indeed they did.

Took it for a nice rip. That exhaust in go-fast mode is very very cool and has good off-throttle popping and great cracking on full throttle.

I think it sounds better than the C450 in loud mode and is at least as quiet, or even quieter in Comfort mode.

Transmission was very good.

Of course Open Pore Ash Wood is currently on constraint and for some reason most dealers are ordering the optional rims with the AMG package which I don't want so there is nothing in the country that fits my wants and I can't even get the ash wood if I ordered...........
Old 10-14-2016, 09:24 PM

C43 Coupe
Are you talking the 19" multi spoke? Or the bi-colour 5 spoke?
Old 10-14-2016, 09:27 PM

A Benz and a BMW
Are you talking the 19" multi spoke? Or the bi-colour 5 spoke?
I think he might be referencing the same car I took a pic of at MB Brampton last weekend. It had the Bi-Colour 5 Spoke. That being said, it's the only C43 Coupe I've seen in person so I can't tell if most dealers are ordering those!
Old 10-14-2016, 09:28 PM

A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by Bueller178
So I dropped in at the MB Dealership in Brampton to see if they had a 43 with the Perf exhaust, which indeed they did.

Took it for a nice rip. That exhaust in go-fast mode is very very cool and has good off-throttle popping and great cracking on full throttle.

I think it sounds better than the C450 in loud mode and is at least as quiet, or even quieter in Comfort mode.

Transmission was very good.

Of course Open Pore Ash Wood is currently on constraint and for some reason most dealers are ordering the optional rims with the AMG package which I don't want so there is nothing in the country that fits my wants and I can't even get the ash wood if I ordered...........
Was it the Selenite gray coupe you tried? I showed up really late and the dealership was about to close. Did you get any sound clips?
Old 10-14-2016, 10:41 PM

C63 S Coupe Edition 1
I just passed by the dealership today to have a look at an edition 1 c63s (GORGEOUS!) and apparently the C43 (and GLC43) are being held simply for a 'wave' launch. They don't have an official launch date really but unofficially they say its end of this month or early November. Of coarse take it with a grain of salt and honestly some members here are getting more reliable info.

Now back to that C63S, my brain is telling me one thing but my heart another...

Last edited by H.A.; 10-14-2016 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:56 PM

A Benz and a BMW
I just passed by the dealership today to have a look at an edition 1 c63s (GORGEOUS!) and apparently the C43 (and GLC43) are being held simply for a 'wave' launch. They don't have an official launch date really but unofficially they say its end of this month or early November. Of coarse take it with a grain of salt and honestly some members here are getting more reliable info.

lol - I was in that dilemma too except I live on a snow belt - little town called Waterloo in Ontario. It usually snows as early as October and as late as April. I would get about 5 months of useful driving with a RWD car here - no go for me
The following users liked this post:
Tej7 (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 10:58 PM

C43 Coupe

If you have the option to choose between the c43 and the 63, go with the 63. There is absolutely no comparison between the two, the 63 is superior in every single aspect. I wish the 63 was a valid option for me... I just can't fathom keeping it in the garage for nearly half a year
Old 10-15-2016, 12:53 AM

C63 S Coupe Edition 1
lol - I was in that dilemma too except I live on a snow belt - little town called Waterloo in Ontario. It usually snows as early as October and as late as April. I would get about 5 months of useful driving with a RWD car here - no go for me
Originally Posted by Tej7
If you have the option to choose between the c43 and the 63, go with the 63. There is absolutely no comparison between the two, the 63 is superior in every single aspect. I wish the 63 was a valid option for me... I just can't fathom keeping it in the garage for nearly half a year
I heard the engine and was immediately hooked, didn't ask for a test drive but the weather was bad so didn't matter. I just have to deal with rain where I am.

Seriously thinking on switching rn, gonna have a chat with the dealership tomorrow definitely!
Old 10-15-2016, 01:14 AM

A Benz and a BMW
I heard the engine and was immediately hooked, didn't ask for a test drive but the weather was bad so didn't matter. I just have to deal with rain where I am.

Seriously thinking on switching rn, gonna have a chat with the dealership tomorrow definitely!
If you're not dealing with snow, then I would definitely consider a swap. It's painful, but most of us are going to end up dropping as much on the C43 as we would have on a slightly less equipped C63 once we factor in the killer prices of Mercedes' winter tire packages

If the numbers work out for you and sound is your motivating factor, I would take an F-Type out for a spin as well. It's another really beautiful and obnoxiously loud work of art!
Old 10-15-2016, 01:39 AM

C43 Coupe

You're making me wish I was in your shoes hahaha. Best of luck man, I would find it impossible to turn down the 63 if given the option to switch. Once you go for the test drive, there's no turning back
Old 10-15-2016, 12:39 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Polar White C43 Sedan
Was it the Selenite gray coupe you tried? I showed up really late and the dealership was about to close. Did you get any sound clips?
No, it was a black sedan.

No time for sound clips, I was busy making noise running the on ramps....(at or below legal speeds of course. )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: New C43