Sponsored by:

New C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Got bad news guys! Just contacted my SA and he was informed that the c43 sedan and coupe are delayed once again till at least the first week of November!! This sucks!
Old 10-18-2016, 01:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5urfer
Did anyone get the Intelligent Drive Package with the Distronic Plus, etc? I wanted to know if anyone actively uses these functions while driving.
I considered adding it, but by the time I had decided the car had already gone into build. I don't know if the MB distronic plus has a crawl assist function like some of the latest BMW's do, where it will work in stop/start traffic?
Old 10-18-2016, 01:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Got bad news guys! Just contacted my SA and he was informed that the c43 sedan and coupe are delayed once again till at least the first week of November!! This sucks!
That's the same thing you said a few days ago when you said this:
My SA said it will be delayed a little more because MB wants to launch the sedan 43, coupe 43 and glc43 all at the same time.. the GLC43 is holding everything up at this point. He's guessing first or second week of November
It doesn't seem to be new information from your SA (who appears to be wrong somewhere around 100% of the time).
Old 10-18-2016, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by MDSkiBum
That's the same thing you said a few days ago when you said this:

It doesn't seem to be new information from your SA (who appears to be wrong somewhere around 100% of the time).
I just checked with him again because some people were saying it was coming this week from what they heard.. he reassured me it's not.. I was getting my hopes up thinking it was early.. but nop.. so far he seems to be right though.. I don't see any in the USA do you?
Old 10-18-2016, 02:10 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
I just checked with him again because some people were saying it was coming this week from what they heard.. he reassured me it's not.. I was getting my hopes up thinking it was early.. but nop.. so far he seems to be right though.. I don't see any in the USA do you?
Can you just stop posting in this thread or is that too much to ask?
Old 10-18-2016, 02:12 PM

2017 C43 sedan
I was told yesterday they think within a week or so. That fits with the multiple other reports of some time around this week. Is it right? Only Mercedes-Benz knows. How often are you contacting your SA? I would think at this point there's a chance he's telling you dates further out to try and get you off his back.

so far he seems to be right though..
Seems to be right?! Like when he told you your car was at the dealership? Or when at the end of September you were told it would definitely be on its way the following week?
Old 10-18-2016, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
It's a new SA.. I got rid of my old one.. and I am just trying to help you guys out because my new SA is the manager of the largest dealer in New England..he's in direct contact with Mercedes of America.. and by the way I'm getting 4 years of free service for the delay and 9% discount off MSRP.. so the delay doesn't bother me anymore..good luck getting your cars this week or next.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:01 PM

2017 C43 sedan
It's a new SA.. I got rid of my old one.. and I am just trying to help you guys out because my new SA is the manager of the largest dealer in New England..he's in direct contact with Mercedes of America.. and by the way I'm getting 4 years of free service for the delay and 9% discount off MSRP.. so the delay doesn't bother me anymore..good luck getting your cars this week or next.
Your credibility here is low given your past posts, so you'll have to pardon the rest of us if we take what you say with a grain of salt especially when you don't say that it's from a new source. If your new SA really does have better information and the release is some time in November at the earliest, then that's too bad for everyone. You seem awfully sure given you said "he's guessing it's the first or second week in November." For all we know, your new SA is in contact with the same Joshua Davidson from Mercedes corporate who told you on 9/29:

Joshua Davidson from Mercedes corporate contacted me yesterday and informed me that my c43 will be on its way by mid next week.. the first batch of c43 being sent out in the USA.... he also said he sent my dealer email to give me a free year of prepaid maintenance for the long wait I had because they had originally said I would have the car in mid September. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil..
Congrats on getting your 1 year of free maintenance up to 4, though!
Old 10-18-2016, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by Master-Spud
So thinking of maybe blacking out the front lip, but leaving the rear diffuser and tips Silver... Thoughts? Debating if I try to get my wrap guy to do it now, or just leave as is till I see it and get a feel for it.
this looks awesome! what colour wrap did you go for? looks like a satin dark grey/black? very cool.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:25 PM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Johnathan Chan
this looks awesome! what colour wrap did you go for? looks like a satin dark grey/black? very cool.
This is before the wrap... I ordered selenite grey magno from factory, which is a matte finish. I'm getting a wrap don't strictly as paint protection, no change in color.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:35 PM

C43
This is before the wrap... I ordered selenite grey magno from factory, which is a matte finish. I'm getting a wrap don't strictly as paint protection, no change in color.
dayum, i thought about getting the magno as well but in my country the extra option was like 4k usd so i only settled for the selenite grey...

super jealous!
Old 10-19-2016, 02:40 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
Just talked to my SA again, he said the latest is that it will be "late this week" (so in the next few days) but he said there is still nothing concrete.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:29 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
And he just followed up again...his quote:

"I just got off the phone with the folks in M/B distribution. They said their goal is to have them released by Friday at the earliest and next Tuesday at the latest."

Take it as you may.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
Just talked to my SA again, he said the latest is that it will be "late this week" (so in the next few days) but he said there is still nothing concrete.
Yes!! cant wait!! Good luck
Old 10-19-2016, 03:58 PM

2014 Porsche Cayman
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
And he just followed up again...his quote:

"I just got off the phone with the folks in M/B distribution. They said their goal is to have them released by Friday at the earliest and next Tuesday at the latest."

Take it as you may.
So, they'll actually be released some time in early 2017, then?
Old 10-19-2016, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by Boucher
So, they'll actually be released some time in early 2017, then?
First Tuesday in November the earliest I'm guessing according to my guy at best.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:00 PM

C43 Coupe
Alright folks, another opinion poll lol...

The shop doing the wrap through on some gloss black on the section between the pano roof and the rear window, not sure how I feel about the look. And would you tint the rear window to match the rear window.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:01 PM

C43 Coupe
And stock as a reference
Old 10-19-2016, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
I always thought it should have come with a black roof from the factory like the sedan.. I say go for it.. it looks good even if you don't tint the rear window in my opinion
Old 10-19-2016, 10:15 PM

C43
Alright folks, another opinion poll lol...

The shop doing the wrap through on some gloss black on the section between the pano roof and the rear window, not sure how I feel about the look. And would you tint the rear window to match the rear window.
Black roof looks perfect looks fantastic even without the rear window tint

would you mind sharing how much did the wrap cost? I assume you are going with Xpel Stealth?
Old 10-19-2016, 10:31 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by damnhotrod
Black roof looks perfect looks fantastic even without the rear window tint

would you mind sharing how much did the wrap cost? I assume you are going with Xpel Stealth?
Yes going with xpel stealth, for wrapping the entire car and side window tint was 6300 CAN... Could of got it done somewhat cheaper, but not from places with reputations like the one that's doing it.
The following users liked this post:
damnhotrod (10-20-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 AMG Coupe on the way
Thanks for posting this Master-Spud. I also think that the back section of the roof should have come in black from the factory. I'm waiting on an Iridium Silver C43 coupe and have been thinking about getting that panel wrapped in gloss black.

I actually think that it is less of an issue on your car with the matte Magno finish but I would still go with wrapping that panel in black.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:58 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 507, 2012 R350
Yes going with xpel stealth, for wrapping the entire car and side window tint was 6300 CAN... Could of got it done somewhat cheaper, but not from places with reputations like the one that's doing it.

That sounds like a lot, but as you said, the install is crucial with this stuff. My only question is why? Just because I don't see any problem areas and you could get away with doing the front fenders, hood and air dam, for probably half that. I have Xpel Ultimate and am thrilled with the results and durability.

I drove a C43 sedan the other day while tire swapping the E wagon and was suitably impressed with the differences from my C400, having never driven the stillborn C450 (even worse than my C400!). The suspension, transmission, steering all feel livelier. Love the thick steering wheel and honestly, it is a great car for thee price. Still the same price as my C400 from two years ago...I can get a C43 for 250 bucks less a month than my C400. Ok, no HUD (neat but not essential), Intelligent Drive ( have it and only have it because it came with my car, again not essential and irritating as heck at times), and strangely no cooled seats, not even on the website.

The exhaust sounds great if not slightly fake, not in a BMW way but in a Jaguar F-Type way...just overdone at times as at certain throttle tip-ins it sounds like two or three different engines. But I love it nonetheless.

Overall, a great car and will get one in due time!
Old 11-03-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
ahead of schedule delivery

Seems like the speed of these deliveries may be picking up. I ordered a C43 coupe in September for a third week of October build slot. Was expecting it in December but my SA called and said it may be here as early as next week.

I won't believe it until I see it, but if I'll be happy if they get it here that soon.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:51 AM

C250 Coupe
C43 Coupe?

i have a question on the rim size.
Is it possible that front 19" 245/40 and rear 19" 265/35 be fitted on C43 Coupe?

Any guys know what is the max rim size for c43 coupe?