Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG, GLS450
I can jump on a end of August production allocation if I switch from Black Ash interior trim to Gloss Black...if I keep Black Ash I have to wait for an October production....thoughts??
Old 08-14-2016, 02:06 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by NakSuk3993
I can jump on a end of August production allocation if I switch from Black Ash interior trim to Gloss Black...if I keep Black Ash I have to wait for an October production....thoughts??
I had the same option as you. I chose to stay with the black ash.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Cars.
C43 Coupe 4Matic starts at 55k.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C43 OMG
I tried several vin decoders without success, does anyone know where could I descypher/check the codes?

Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Cocheche
I tried several vin decoders without success, does anyone know where could I descypher/check the codes?

You may have luck checking those numbers against the dealer ordering guide I posted to this forum at the below link. Not sure if codes stay the same across countries, but I received this ordering guide from a US dealer. Good luck!

https://mbworld.org/forums/c43-amg-c...ml#post6874215
The following users liked this post:
Cocheche (08-15-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 02:15 PM

2016 C43 OMG
Finally I had my C43 sedan delivered last friday. The dealer accepted to replace the tinted glasses I didn't ask for, and didn't seem to have any trouble changing the cases of the mirrors and painting rear difusser and front lip if I want to, still thinking on it as I have time until I mount a couple of things more in September.

Got a couple of questions though, 1st one is the running in; my dealer said the car came in with a sticker warning to not overrun 4500 rpm the first 2500 kms. Any thoughts? Has anyone seen that sticker? They pulled out when cleaning the car, that I've been said. That was the only warn I've had about it, nothing about not driving it in Sport+ or anything like it. Just to stick to that limitation on rpm's.

Then, the tire pressure, what you guys have gone with? I've been driving this weekend at 3atm (44psi) and felt it a bit less grippy than the loaner C450 estate I had for some days in April (but then didn't really care about the pressures I was wearing).

Another thing it came really different it's been the sound; all of the crackling when deccelerating has gone (compared to that C450 I had as a loaner weeks ago). That, added to the lack of advise from the dealer that I'd had the possibility to chose the optional sound switch it's been quite a thumbs down (although I'm not sure I'd have gone for it, I'm not very big fan of noisy cars), but not having been able to chose... The acceleration sound is great for me, not too loud, but loud enough to hear me coming, if you know what I mean. I'd say it's like a medium size feline a bit annoyed

The driving is awesome for now, but I'm reserving my opinions till I end the running in and then will have some PTM driving experiences to share. Pics will take a bit as well, as I'm asking a friend to do them for me.

Had a couple of tricky situations with the driving assist system, it works, but it'll take a while until I get used to somebody else's braking the car I'm driving, lol. The results, one pedestrian survived (he literally jumped in front of my car, playing with his smartphone and with the earplugs, wtf!!). The other one was my fault, I didn't saw the cars were stopped right in front of me, in a secondary road, because a right turn, nothing would've happen as I would've had the time to brake myself, but the car did it for me, so

Last edited by Cocheche; 08-22-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:36 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Congratulations man Both on not hitting people and getting your new C43.

Your experiences with driver assist make me glad I ordered P4 which in the US includes the active safety stuff.
Not glad that P4 includes Air Balance. Oh well, no requirement to use the perfume.
Cocheche (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 02:44 PM

C43 Coupe
Finally I had my C43 sedan delivered last friday. The dealer accepted to replace the tinted glasses I didn't ask for, and didn't seem to have any trouble changing the cases of the mirrors and painting rear difusser and front lip if I want to, still thinking on it as I have time until I mount a couple of things more in September.

Got a couple of questions though, 1st one is the running in; my dealer said the car came in with a sticker warning to not overrun 4500 rpm the first 2500 kms. Any thoughts? Has anyone seen that sticker? They pulled out when cleaning the car, that I've been said. That was the only warn I've had about it, nothing about not driving it in Sport+ or anything like it. Just to stick to that limitation on rpm's.

Then, the tire pressure, what you guys have gone with? I've been driving this weekend at 3atm (44psi) and felt it a bit less grippy than the loaner C450 estate I had for some days in April (but then didn't really care about the pressures I was wearing).

Another thing it came really different it's been the sound; all of the crackling when deccelerating has gone (compared to that C450 I had as a loaner weeks ago). That, added to the lack of advise from the dealer that I'd had the possibility to chose the optional sound switch it's been quite a thumbs down (although I'm not sure I'd have gone for it, I'm not very big fan of noisy cars), but not having been able to chose... The acceleration sound is great for me, not too loud, but loud enough to hear me coming, if you know what I mean. I'd say it's like a medium size feline a bit annoyed

The driving is awesome for now, but I'm reserving my opinions till I end the running in and then will have some PTM driving experiences to share. Pics will take a bit as well, as I'm asking a friend to do them for me.

Had a couple of tricky situations with the driving assist system, it works, but it'll take a while until I get used to somebody else's braking the car I'm driving, lol. The results, one pedestrian survived (he literally jumped in front of my car, playing with his smartphone and with the earplugs, wtf!!). The other one was my fault, I didn't saw the cars were stopped right in front of me, in a secondary road, because a right turn, nothing would've happen as I would've had the time to brake myself, but the car did it for me, so
Congrats on your delivery! I've read that it's normal for the crackling to fade or occur less frequently over time. I have seen the sticker you are referring to. I would also check the owners manual to see what is recommended during the break-in period. Not too sure about the tire pressure, but 44psi seems a bit excessive for daily driving. Have you checked the recommendations on the drivers door/gas cap?
Cocheche (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 04:47 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
If the crackling fades (or in your case, never starts), you will need to get something in the car reset (can't remember exactly what...but it's not "normal" or "to be expected"). I know that the Sedan is supposed to be more subdued than the Coupe in the noise department, by design (per AMG), but I would still expect it to sound at least the same as the C450.

Might want to ask to have that looked at.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500

yes, it is recommended not to go into S+, or over 4500 rpm, or fast starts for the first 1600km.. at least that was what the previous C450 manual stated. Now, that can't mean ALWAYS, but most will say they do practice some form or soft to medium touch break in for engine and tranny for the first 1000 miles.
Cocheche (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 07:00 PM

2016 C43 OMG
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust

Might want to ask to have that looked at.
I will
Old 08-24-2016, 03:05 AM

C43 Coupe
Well, just got an update from my dealer. My c43 is set to start production on Sept. 20th, expected delivery is Nov. 4th. Let the waiting game begin!
Old 08-24-2016, 06:01 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Assume your C43 is a coupe?
Old 08-24-2016, 08:51 AM

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
C43 Coupe
I got to squeak in a week before you Tej7. Sept 10-19 build date with an October 26th land date. Im really hating the waiting game! First time I haven't bought a car off the lot, very happy I'm getting EXACTLY what I want, but the wait is killing me!
Old 08-24-2016, 09:02 AM

I ordered on the first day C43 Coupe ordering opened up in the US, at 10am, and my build isn't scheduled until the 3rd decade of September. My dealer must have slacked *** on getting an allocation after I have him my specs. ****.

I had always thought my build date was 9/3 until a couple weeks ago when he enlightened me that 9/3 in MB-speak means September week 3. He should've been referencing 9/3D instead of 9/3.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:20 AM

C43 Coupe
I have a feeling that might be one of the first production runs for the coupe for the north American market. Don't think I've heard of anyone having an earlier build date for the C43 coupes.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:19 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Biggreenogg
Assume your C43 is a coupe?
Yeah, it's a coupe. The reason it'll take so long is because of the issues they're having with the open wood pore trim.

Originally Posted by Master-Spud
I have a feeling that might be one of the first production runs for the coupe for the north American market. Don't think I've heard of anyone having an earlier build date for the C43 coupes.
The first coupe is set to arrive on Sept. 7th in my city. It was built earlier this month. How are we gonna kill time spud? I just want my car now!!
Old 08-24-2016, 11:28 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Tej7
Yeah, it's a coupe. The reason it'll take so long is because of the issues they're having with the open wood pore trim.

The first coupe is set to arrive on Sept. 7th in my city. It was built earlier this month. How are we gonna kill time spud? I just want my car now!!

Well ****! There went that theory, now I'm mad that I'm not getting mine sooner lol

As for killing time, pretty much trolling these forums, looking for rims and winter tires and searching for more reviews of the C43 lol
Old 08-24-2016, 11:36 AM

2020 C63s AMG Coupe
Well ****! There went that theory, now I'm mad that I'm not getting mine sooner lol
Yeah, my C43 was built by August 15. Expecting a first half of October delivery date. Then...
Old 08-24-2016, 11:38 AM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by stillcap2
Yeah, my C43 was built by August 15. Expecting a first half of October delivery date. Then...
And that's the coupe or sedan?
Old 08-24-2016, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tej7

As for killing time, pretty much trolling these forums, looking for rims and winter tires and searching for more reviews of the C43 lol
Well at least it will be good to see if MB keeps up with their delivery estimates or if they run way late/keep delaying it over and over like they are with the C63's. Also, if they start delivering them...hopefully we will get more video reviews on YouTube rather than just the one sound test video by Motoman.

My waiting for HUD availability is what pushed mine back into September production rather than August I believe, I opted for the CF interior trim rather than the black ash.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:22 PM

2020 C63s AMG Coupe
And that's the coupe or sedan?
Coupe
Old 08-24-2016, 01:27 PM

Are you all in the US or elsewhere?
Old 08-24-2016, 01:28 PM

2020 C63s AMG Coupe
I'm in southern California.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 M4 comp cabriolet, 2017 C43 Sedan, (wife)
C43 was built last week but can't be shipped yet...

I got word from the dealer that my wife's c43 sedan has been produced, but will not ship. Here is what was e-mailed to me today:

"It is at the VPC and ready to ship.

They are just waiting for an approval to launch the C43w4 to the US Market.

I’ll let you know as soon as we have a firm date set – MBUSA is still waiting on Federal Certification."

Which may mean a few days, or who knows how long for Federal Certification. Hopefully not a month. It was supposed to be here in the first week of September. I think it may have more to do with the leftover C450's that are on lots. So much for getting an early production date.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: New C43